Weekly News Thread Assignments 2022

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
ShelC

Weekly News Thread Assignments 2022

Post by ShelC »

Starting this up to try and spread out some of the weekly Suns and Around the League News thread assignments for the new season. Take a look at the dates and fill in what you can. Thanks!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... dit#gid=0

Mori Chu

Re: Weekly News Thread Assignments 2022

Post by Mori Chu »

FYI Shel, your spreadsheet is not editable by others. I can take the coming week 5 (11/14 - 11/20). Can any others step up and take some weeks? Thanks in advance.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Just changed the settings, give it another try and let me know. Otherwise I'll just fill it in.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Oops, I forgot that I was on deck to make the weekly threads. I'll make them in a little bit. My bad.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Up to you, it's late in the week and not a lot of games or news.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Yeah, might as well push it a week since nobody is signed up for next week.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

We're into that next week now, Marty.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:37 am
We're into that next week now, Marty.
:nod: Noticed that this morning. Making threads now.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I don't think we have anybody for the weekly news threads this week. Can anyone please volunteer? If nobody's able, I can make something later tonight.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

wpmiller42, you're on deck for this week, if you're still able to create the weekly threads. Thanks a lot!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu is on the clock!
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:16 pm
Oops, I have a few more meetings at work and then I'll make 'em. Thanks for the reminder.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:02 pm
Superbone wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:16 pm
Oops, I have a few more meetings at work and then I'll make 'em. Thanks for the reminder.
Thanks for your service. :D
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Nobody has signed up to do the threads for this week, the LAST week of the NBA regular season. Do we have any takers? Can someone bring us home??

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I'm un-stickying this thread. Wanted to thank everybody who took the time to make threads each week. These threads have been a big part of the enjoyment of coming to the site, so I really appreciate the time folks spent creating and posting in them. Thank you!

carey

Post by carey »

Yes, thank you for picking up my slack. Love you all.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Yep, special thanks to Shel for posting the bulk of them. And shout out to the OG carey for getting the ball rolling and his excellent format.
"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

Just an update on me for those that care. Some of you check in on me from time to time in DMs so figured I'd just let everyone know at the same time. I've been doing pretty good. On a new medication for a little over a year now that has enabled me to get a handle on the neuropathy in my leg & I'm actually teaching full time at a school in New Orleans. It is a school that has a 99% black population and in fact is historically known as the first black secondary school ever in NOLA - so it has a rich tradition. I'm one of only a handful of white educators so that's been a bit of an adjustment for me. Rarely in my life have I been in spaces where I'm a minority. It's taken a long time for the kids to start to trust me but I have heard a few refer to me as their favorite teacher so that's been pretty special. I will say that I'm being worked to the bone because I'm also going for certification at the same time so being a first year while also taking classes while disabled is a challenge. It's why you'll probably notice that I'm occasionally gone from the board for long stretches. I hope to at least return to the rotation of posting news threads you guys have going this year.

Hopefully I'll be able to watch games. Pickle gifted me with 3 months of free League Pass last year. That was huge. I wouldn't mind that again if anyone gets that as a reward for joining fantasy football or anything else! ;)
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Thanks for sharing Carey…. Perspective is everything and getting to live in a situation that challenges your norms can be super humbling. Very cool that you’re finding you place there and the kids like you. No pay can substitute the feeling you get when kids genuinely like you, that’s awesome. What did the neuropathy come from?

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

carey wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:05 am
Just an update on me for those that care. Some of you check in on me from time to time in DMs so figured I'd just let everyone know at the same time. I've been doing pretty good. On a new medication for a little over a year now that has enabled me to get a handle on the neuropathy in my leg & I'm actually teaching full time at a school in New Orleans. It is a school that has a 99% black population and in fact is historically known as the first black secondary school ever in NOLA - so it has a rich tradition. I'm one of only a handful of white educators so that's been a bit of an adjustment for me. Rarely in my life have I been in spaces where I'm a minority. It's taken a long time for the kids to start to trust me but I have heard a few refer to me as their favorite teacher so that's been pretty special. I will say that I'm being worked to the bone because I'm also going for certification at the same time so being a first year while also taking classes while disabled is a challenge. It's why you'll probably notice that I'm occasionally gone from the board for long stretches. I hope to at least return to the rotation of posting news threads you guys have going this year.

Hopefully I'll be able to watch games. Pickle gifted me with 3 months of free League Pass last year. That was huge. I wouldn't mind that again if anyone gets that as a reward for joining fantasy football or anything else! ;)
Excellent news Carey!

It’s great to read that everything is coming together, after some really rough patches. I hope you get your certification and keep on the good work with those kids.