Game Day: Warriors (2-1) @ Suns (2-1), Tues 10/25/22

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: Game Day: Warriors (2-1) @ Suns (2-1), Tues 10/25/22

Post by Split T »

I don’t know if anyone listened to the Zach Lowe podcast with Richard Jefferson, but they literally spent 30 minutes just gushing about the Warriors as their pick to win the West(or title in RJ’s opinion) and not once did they mention the drubbing they took from the Suns. I get that people are bored with our team as we’ve shown we can rack up regular season wins, but it was just weird to me.

They didn’t even mention the Klay/Booker stuff and they talked a lot about Klay and his comments in regards to Barkleys comments. I thought well maybe Lowe talked about that game already, but his previous pod came out the day of the game and before it had been played.

Anyways, not a big deal, but it kinda bugged me. Guess we’ll have to live with being an overlooked team this year as I don’t think we’ll get much national air time unless a big change happens.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:10 pm
I don’t know if anyone listened to the Zach Lowe podcast with Richard Jefferson, but they literally spent 30 minutes just gushing about the Warriors as their pick to win the West(or title in RJ’s opinion) and not once did they mention the drubbing they took from the Suns. I get that people are bored with our team as we’ve shown we can rack up regular season wins, but it was just weird to me.

They didn’t even mention the Klay/Booker stuff and they talked a lot about Klay and his comments in regards to Barkleys comments. I thought well maybe Lowe talked about that game already, but his previous pod came out the day of the game and before it had been played.

Anyways, not a big deal, but it kinda bugged me. Guess we’ll have to live with being an overlooked team this year as I don’t think we’ll get much national air time unless a big change happens.
No different than our Finals run.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:

Tbh, if I'm being objective I have the Warriors as my pick to go back to the Finals too.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya it’s not even about them picking the Warriors, I have zero issue with that. It’s the let’s gush about the warriors and how good all of them look but just conveniently not mention they got absolutely blasted by the Suns. Not even a casual mention of it?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Better to fly under the radar, imo.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

I don’t really think how we’re portrayed in the media matters either way…And I know not to expect the tv talking heads like Stephen A and Skip to talk about us, but Lowe is usually pretty good. Even if it wasn’t the suns, I’d want them to mention if say the Grizzlies thumped the Warriors by 30. We’re talking about a sample size of 5, hard to ignore a whole game.

If it was the suns they were gushing about and we had lost a game by 30 to someone, I’d feel weird that they were so high on us. It was just a weird experience. It was literally a 30 minute discussion on the warriors this season and they found no time to mention the loss to the suns. Every other team they talked about they were quick to be like well let’s see who they played…like when talking about the Kings 0-4 start they made mention that they’ve played the Blazers, Grizzlies, Clippers, and Warriors. Same with the Knicks and their 3-1 start.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I hope everyone totally disrespects the Suns all year and doesn’t mention them in any conversations about the playoffs.

Uncle_Gene

Post by Uncle_Gene »

Shabazz wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:29 pm
The uniforms were dope. They should just make them the permanent road unis.
Those were my favorite jerseys in the 90s.
Phoenix Suns 2023-24NBA Champions !

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I’m just glad they didn’t choose the black version instead.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Espo posted a video the other day where he theorized that the Suns were working to try to secure the rights to make the Sunburst unis the permanent uniforms of the team. But it's probably just wishful thinking.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:53 am
Espo posted a video the other day where he theorized that the Suns were working to try to secure the rights to make the Sunburst unis the permanent uniforms of the team. But it's probably just wishful thinking.
Stopped reading after Espo posted. Got diarrhea, had to run

sunset rubdown

Post by sunset rubdown »

Split T wrote:

Just fine for me, I will enjoy even more our run to the finals this season.