Game Day: Pelicans (3-1) @ Suns (3-1), Fri 10/28/22

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
AmareIsGod

Re: Game Day: Pelicans (3-1) @ Suns (3-1), Fri 10/28/22

Post by AmareIsGod »

TOO wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:13 pm
If only great records won titles...
Yeah. Let's not enjoy this season then. The fuck with it all. Wake me up when it's the playoffs and in the meantime, I won't enjoy dick about these meaningless regular season games. Growth and maturity at maybe identifying our #2 option by the playoffs and anything else positive that transpires that makes us more playoff ready. We trashed the bench and James Jones for being ass yet they've been fantastic early on. A bit too much optimism though so I'll tone it down.
Last edited by AmareIsGod on Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:19 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:02 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:00 pm
I'm somewhat concerned about Chris Paul's play, but, he is still third in the NBA in assists at 10.0 and has been generally a savvy floor leader even if his individual scoring and shooting are below expectations. I hope he's just taking his time and pacing himself for the long season.
His play is great for a role playing PG. Unfortunately we’re depending on him to be our second best player yet again because nobody else has flashed new skills, which is so bad
I don’t know what to think about him yet…I get the sense that he didn’t play much if any basketball during the offseason. I’m giving him till Christmas, but if by the new year we haven’t seen him able to consistently get buckets, I think we’ll have to adjust and realize he’s now a Rubio level guy.

Mikal flashed some stuff last night, but I think it’s also telling that it happened when Booker was being doubled constantly. Bridges had a lot of space and openings to work with. We need to see more.
Mikal has done that for a game or two then goes back to being entirely OK just being off ball, especially in big games

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Just a question
Don't all kill me lol but I being lazy so not checking stats or old threads

Wasn't this the same exact dialogue last year tho, CP3 started slow, folks were saying he looked a little fat but he literally said that he had not been playing so will gradually ramp up ?

I agree that we can't be expecting 20+ and 10dimes as a winning formula come playoffs but I don't believe he is struggling to score right now
Think he's just getting his legs

The thing is that he literally barely taking 10fga which I have no problem with so I not too bothered how things are going
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
I'm somewhat concerned about Chris Paul's play, but, he is still third in the NBA in assists at 10.0 and has been generally a savvy floor leader even if his individual scoring and shooting are below expectations. I hope he's just taking his time and pacing himself for the long season.
He was tied for first before last night.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:45 pm
TOO wrote:
Yeah. Let's not enjoy this season then. The fuck with it all. Wake me up when it's the playoffs and in the meantime, I won't enjoy dick about these meaningless regular season games. Growth and maturity at maybe identifying our #2 option by the playoffs and anything else positive that transpires that makes us more playoff ready. We trashed the bench and James Jones for being ass yet they've been fantastic early on. A bit too much optimism though so I'll tone it down.
Dude…Don’t let these others get to you. Continue to enjoy the journey. Not sure why some even bother watching if none of it means anything unless the team is the one out of 30 champion. Keep being yourself. We’ve got to balance out the Debbie Downers.
"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Let me repeat: I'm literally not complaining at all about CP3's play. He's playing at the level I expected, maybe even higher. He's playing great for a 37-year-old point guard who is past his prime. The assist numbers are impressive. There is nothing wrong with a Rubio type of point guard, if the younger players can step up and make up for Paul's decline. So far, it's been working.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Split T

Post by Split T »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:49 pm
Just a question
Don't all kill me lol but I being lazy so not checking stats or old threads

Wasn't this the same exact dialogue last year tho, CP3 started slow, folks were saying he looked a little fat but he literally said that he had not been playing so will gradually ramp up ?

I agree that we can't be expecting 20+ and 10dimes as a winning formula come playoffs but I don't believe he is struggling to score right now
Think he's just getting his legs

The thing is that he literally barely taking 10fga which I have no problem with so I not too bothered how things are going
I remember the first year he started slow, but that was the weird year after the bubble where there wasn’t much of an offseason and everyone started earlier than they thought

Split T

Post by Split T »

JeremyG wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:23 pm
Let me repeat: I'm literally not complaining at all about CP3's play. He's playing at the level I expected, maybe even higher. He's playing great for a 37-year-old point guard who is past his prime. The assist numbers are impressive. There is nothing wrong with a Rubio type of point guard, if the younger players can step up and make up for Paul's decline. So far, it's been working.
The part you are forgetting is how he was an All-NBA level player as a 36 year old.

TOO

Post by TOO »

AmareIsGod wrote:
TOO wrote:
You do you, bud.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

TOO wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:15 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
TOO wrote:
You do you, bud.
And you do you and keep wallowing in a dark cloud after every win this season for another 50 or so by bringing up our game 7 trouncing by Dallas and our embarrassing exit. Yep, we lost last season. Therefore we can't be proud of anything this season or excited unless it ends with a championship. The journey shouldn't be enjoyed in the moment.

We all took a bite of the same shit sandwich you did last postseason. It doesn't mean we want to keep eating off of it every game this season. I've had my fill. I also haven't won the lottery in life or struck it rich. Doesn't mean I'm going to bitch about it everyday and rush to the finish line towards death.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:29 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
TOO wrote:
Dude…Don’t let these others get to you. Continue to enjoy the journey. Not sure why some even bother watching if none of it means anything unless the team is the one out of 30 champion. Keep being yourself. We’ve got to balance out the Debbie Downers.
I’m not saying I don’t enjoy the journey. Talk about a straw man’s argument. I thoroughly enjoy watching each season as it unfolds, but if it ends in 0-60 or whatever season we’re on, then it meant squat at the end of it. It becomes as memorable as every other season where we went home with a nice L while another fan base gets to cement that W in their history.

Such a stupid accusation to say that if you don’t just blindly motorboat the whole year then you must not be a real fan you motorboating SOB

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:34 pm
TOO wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
TOO wrote:
You do you, bud.
And you do you and keep wallowing in a dark cloud after every win this season for another 50 or so by bringing up our game 7 trouncing by Dallas and our embarrassing exit. Yep, we lost last season. Therefore we can't be proud of anything this season or excited unless it ends with a championship. The journey shouldn't be enjoyed in the moment.

We all took a bite of the same shit sandwich you did last postseason. It doesn't mean we want to keep eating off of it every game this season. I've had my fill. I also haven't won the lottery in life or struck it rich. Doesn't mean I'm going to bitch about it everyday and rush to the finish line towards death.
The thing is so far this year the same exact shit sandwich is being presented to you for lunch and coated as a new item on the menu.

If you accidentally eat a shit sandwich, then nobody can blame you. But if you know that it’s still the same exact sandwich as yesterday, no matter how tasty it was, and you still eat the shit? You’re weird dude you like eating shit.

If we go out and get Harrison Barnes or Buddy Hield or some other player that can change the dynamic going into the playoffs, I can get excited again.

If we actually see real, sustained, value added development from Mikal or DA that elevates them to the real #2 on offense, I can get excited again.

I can easily be fooled into eating a shit sandwich and enjoying it. But it has to be presented in a different way at least.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Gotta admit, Superbone *is* a motorboating SOB. You got that part right.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

specialsauce wrote:
Split T wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:58 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:24 pm
Drewsprocket wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:51 am
JeremyG wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:55 am
Chris Paul is now 6th on the team in scoring, behind Jock Landale. And just this summer, people were still expecting him to be our second best player. :lol:
He’s old and has to save himself until the post season. I’m glad to see our guys taking it to the cup and not over relying on him. So in the meantime, we either upgrade him for a better PG or enjoy the fact we’re winning without him overextending himself.
I wasn't complaining. I just find it funny that only 2 or 3 of us on here saw it coming.
Doing a lot of victory lapping after 5 games
He’s not a Suns fan, just a DA fan. Dude only talks shit about every single other player on the team
specialsauce wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:34 pm
Such a stupid accusation to say that if you don’t just blindly motorboat the whole year then you must not be a real fan you motorboating SOB
The irony is palpable.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

JeremyG wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:21 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Split T wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:58 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:24 pm
Drewsprocket wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:51 am

He’s old and has to save himself until the post season. I’m glad to see our guys taking it to the cup and not over relying on him. So in the meantime, we either upgrade him for a better PG or enjoy the fact we’re winning without him overextending himself.
I wasn't complaining. I just find it funny that only 2 or 3 of us on here saw it coming.
Doing a lot of victory lapping after 5 games
He’s not a Suns fan, just a DA fan. Dude only talks shit about every single other player on the team
specialsauce wrote:
The irony is palpable.
I don’t think you understand the definition of the word you’re using, but your persistence is adorable
Last edited by specialsauce on Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:14 pm
Gotta admit, Superbone *is* a motorboating SOB. You got that part right.
:lol:

TOO

Post by TOO »

AmareIsGod wrote:
TOO wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
TOO wrote:
You do you, bud.

I don't bring up the trouncing or anything of the sort, I bring up the lack of roster depth and bemoan the moves that James Jones has made to capitalize on the window the Suns had. But yeah, keep reading what you think you're reading.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

TOO

Post by TOO »

specialsauce wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:39 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
TOO wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
TOO wrote:
You do you, bud.

The thing is so far this year the same exact shit sandwich is being presented to you for lunch and coated as a new item on the menu.

If you accidentally eat a shit sandwich, then nobody can blame you. But if you know that it’s still the same exact sandwich as yesterday, no matter how tasty it was, and you still eat the shit? You’re weird dude you like eating shit.

If we go out and get Harrison Barnes or Buddy Hield or some other player that can change the dynamic going into the playoffs, I can get excited again.

If we actually see real, sustained, value added development from Mikal or DA that elevates them to the real #2 on offense, I can get excited again.

I can easily be fooled into eating a shit sandwich and enjoying it. But it has to be presented in a different way at least.
Some people really love their shit sandwiches, don't you stop them from chasing happiness.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

specialsauce wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:29 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
TOO wrote:
I’m not saying I don’t enjoy the journey. Talk about a straw man’s argument. I thoroughly enjoy watching each season as it unfolds, but if it ends in 0-60 or whatever season we’re on, then it meant squat at the end of it. It becomes as memorable as every other season where we went home with a nice L while another fan base gets to cement that W in their history.

Wow. I’m sorry you’re having a bad day and are struggling with reading comprehension.
"Be Legendary."

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:38 am
Furlanfufi wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:51 am
This is hilarious
He’s not wrong but I blame Manu Ginobili who obviously isn’t American.
Jock answered after that!