Game Day: Pelicans (3-1) @ Suns (3-1), Fri 10/28/22

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: Game Day: Pelicans (3-1) @ Suns (3-1), Fri 10/28/22

Post by Mori Chu »

Biyombo had a couple of amazing athletic plays. One was the lob he finished from Bridges (Shel has it above under "Bridges, Bizzy, Battlestar Galactica"). He gets like 3 feet above the rim! The other was a late-game block of McCollum, I don't know whether Shel posted that one, where Biz basically blocked CJ's shot all the way out of the gym. Bizzy is amazingly athletic and has a crazy vertical leap. He played great for us tonight when we needed him.

Split T

Post by Split T »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:15 am
Lots of trademark Mikal buckets last night, (cuts, fast breaks and 3s) but two plays for me....
The no look leading the break to Cam was great
The 1on1 move at 63 - 60 is ☺️☺️☺️☺️. If we start to see those plays more often we're on to something ✌🏾👍🏾

Thanks bajan…that play at 63-60 was the one that got me the most excited. We’ve seen him hit mid range shots…but that one felt different. Not just a simple drive and mid range pull-up. Had a little more to it that gives me hope he can be more of a shot creator.

I also love using him more as the screener. He’s quick and decisive when he gets the ball, either right to the rim or he’s shown pretty good passing chops. Loved the lob to Biyombo on the short roll.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Chris Paul is now 6th on the team in scoring, behind Jock Landale. And just this summer, people were still expecting him to be our second best player. :lol:
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Just goes to show how bad they need a good number 2, they don't even have one.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:13 am
Every time I see clips of Book doing his pregame dribbling routine I smh even more 😏😏
Lol
Obviously Jack isn't really trying but Book just gets the ball knocked away from behind too often and it's clearly a focus point of his 🤦🏾‍♂️

You shake your head that he's trying get better at it? I don't get it.

And your avatar is broken.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

TOO wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:05 am
Just goes to show how bad they need a good number 2, they don't even have one.
4 and 1 with great bench performances and depth this season. Lack of a number 2 has been killing us through the early part of the season. Maybe we can dump most of these losers for KD.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Three.
Steal.
Assist.
Block.

This Mikal sequence was FANTASTIC!

"Be Legendary."

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

JeremyG wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:55 am
Chris Paul is now 6th on the team in scoring, behind Jock Landale. And just this summer, people were still expecting him to be our second best player. :lol:
He’s old and has to save himself until the post season. I’m glad to see our guys taking it to the cup and not over relying on him. So in the meantime, we either upgrade him for a better PG or enjoy the fact we’re winning without him overextending himself.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

The Suns could be 50/0 and lead the NBA in every category and there would still be a group of people here despondent over their horrible play after every game. I call it the glass is always empty syndrome. Enjoy your misery.

I am ecstatic over their start. I knew the starters would kick ass. I was worried about our bench. My worries have been alleviated quite a bit after the first several games.

A lot of talk about Paul being too old and not scoring enough this season. Maybe Father Time caught up to him? Father Time comes for everyone eventually. I think Paul has more in his tank. I think Paul has been doing this for a long time and doesn’t feel the need to try to set a scoring record early in the season just to alleviate Suns fans worries. I think he is more concerned with getting his teammates going, getting wins and staying healthy and fresh enough for the playoffs.

They are one missed gimme basket in overtime from being 5/0. They should be doing better? Give them a break.

TOO

Post by TOO »

If only great records won titles...

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:51 am
JeremyG wrote:
He’s old and has to save himself until the post season. I’m glad to see our guys taking it to the cup and not over relying on him. So in the meantime, we either upgrade him for a better PG or enjoy the fact we’re winning without him overextending himself.
I wasn't complaining. I just find it funny that only 2 or 3 of us on here saw it coming.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:24 pm
Drewsprocket wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
I wasn't complaining. I just find it funny that only 2 or 3 of us on here saw it coming.
Only 2 or 3 saw it coming, lol? The dude is 37 years old! Everybody knew it was coming. It was just a matter of how fast. It appeared to be immediate in the 2nd round last year.

"Be Legendary."

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Yeah 'Bone
I believe Book getting the ball knocked away is lack of concentration alot of the times
Getting your dribble out ahead of you when beating a defender so they can't tap it from behind is GuardPlay101
The keeping the defender on your hip with other defenders around is the harder of the two but turnovers just frustrate me bud

I hold Book to a very high standard so I smh because it's not about the skill, to me it's a mental lapse and those can be very costly

Oh and man I can't figure out how to sort my Avatar smh
I noticed it was like that after I tried changing my pic of The Twin but I don't have a laptop atm and struggling to sort it on my phone :oops: :oops:
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Nodack wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:21 am
The Suns could be 50/0 and lead the NBA in every category and there would still be a group of people here despondent over their horrible play after every game. I call it the glass is always empty syndrome. Enjoy your misery.

I am ecstatic over their start. I knew the starters would kick ass. I was worried about our bench. My worries have been alleviated quite a bit after the first several games.

A lot of talk about Paul being too old and not scoring enough this season. Maybe Father Time caught up to him? Father Time comes for everyone eventually. I think Paul has more in his tank. I think Paul has been doing this for a long time and doesn’t feel the need to try to set a scoring record early in the season just to alleviate Suns fans worries. I think he is more concerned with getting his teammates going, getting wins and staying healthy and fresh enough for the playoffs.

They are one missed gimme basket in overtime from being 5/0. They should be doing better? Give them a break.
Unforgivable miss

Also, guess what 50-0 and an L in the second round of the playoffs gets you?

A bag of dicks.

We have enough dicks in Phoenix. We need a ring.

So…if we’re winning by essentially the same formula and don’t see drastic improvement that can offer a different look in the playoffs, it’s another regular season championship.

I need to see sustained creation of offense by Mikal, Cam, or DA. One of them needs to become an initiator of offense OR we need to acquire someone that will. Regular season Ws and Ls are meaningless, unless it’s because Jock misses a gimme.

Split T

Post by Split T »

JeremyG wrote:
Drewsprocket wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Doing a lot of victory lapping after 5 games

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I'm somewhat concerned about Chris Paul's play, but, he is still third in the NBA in assists at 10.0 and has been generally a savvy floor leader even if his individual scoring and shooting are below expectations. I hope he's just taking his time and pacing himself for the long season.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:58 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Drewsprocket wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Doing a lot of victory lapping after 5 games
He’s not a Suns fan, just a DA fan. Dude only talks shit about every single other player on the team

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:00 pm
I'm somewhat concerned about Chris Paul's play, but, he is still third in the NBA in assists at 10.0 and has been generally a savvy floor leader even if his individual scoring and shooting are below expectations. I hope he's just taking his time and pacing himself for the long season.
His play is great for a role playing PG. Unfortunately we’re depending on him to be our second best player yet again because nobody else has flashed new skills, which is so bad

Split T

Post by Split T »

specialsauce wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:02 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:00 pm
His play is great for a role playing PG. Unfortunately we’re depending on him to be our second best player yet again because nobody else has flashed new skills, which is so bad
I don’t know what to think about him yet…I get the sense that he didn’t play much if any basketball during the offseason. I’m giving him till Christmas, but if by the new year we haven’t seen him able to consistently get buckets, I think we’ll have to adjust and realize he’s now a Rubio level guy.

Mikal flashed some stuff last night, but I think it’s also telling that it happened when Booker was being doubled constantly. Bridges had a lot of space and openings to work with. We need to see more.