Around the League: Week 6 (11/21 - 11/27)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: Around the League: Week 3 (10/31-11/6)

Post by Split T »

I’d suspend him indefinitely…wouldn’t allow him to be reinstated until after he’s off probation. Then I’d let him play if he had no probation violations and completed domestic violence training and therapy.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

So, in other words, he'll be on the Lakers by Christmas.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

He’s still restricted…Nets would be more fitting, no?

Split T

Post by Split T »

Split T

Post by Split T »

Is there a team that will actually put up with Kyrie next year? Feels like he could be close to out of the league.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

They really just gonna suspend him five games and pretend like it didn’t happen? IDK. Kyrie is going to end his career in the strangest of ways. I dislike his behavior as a sportsfan but I can hold space for the way some people are broken and don’t know how to fit in anywhere and their problems are often just self inflicted.

Edit: If any anti-semitic shit happens as the result of his comments then fuck him.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:58 pm
They really just gonna suspend him five games and pretend like it didn’t happen? IDK. Kyrie is going to end his career in the strangest of ways. I dislike his behavior as a sportsfan but I can hold space for the way some people are broken and don’t know how to fit in anywhere and their problems are often just self inflicted.

Edit: If any anti-semitic shit happens as the result of his comments then fuck him.
I mean it says minimum of 5 games and that he has to meet a series of remedial measures too. We’ll see if he’s compliant or if the suspension continues…definitely not pretending like it didn’t happen. Nets are responding.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

At this point they may be better off just releasing him. I don't see where forcing "contrition" out of him serves any purpose.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Split T

Post by Split T »

They won’t release him, unless they can get out of the contract…even still, I think they’d rather keep him suspended and on the roster. He could just go sign with the Lakers if they released him…don’t know if they’d risk that.

Split T

Post by Split T »

One thing I’ll say, I don’t know what offers were actually out there for KD in the summer, but they’re only getting worse. They should’ve moved him already. Surprised Marks still has a job.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Marks also did an amazing job building the roster before going star hunting. He deserves all the criticism for the past few seasons, but he's also shown an ability to his job well otherwise.

I think Kyrie is too toxic. I'd be surprised if they could even get a protected 1st round pick for him right now. However, next Summer, some team will inevitably talk themselves into signing him, so I can't say he's "done".
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Split T wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:32 pm
One thing I’ll say, I don’t know what offers were actually out there for KD in the summer, but they’re only getting worse. They should’ve moved him already. Surprised Marks still has a job.
Will they take Cam and his cheap deal and a buncha firsts? I don't think he's gonna get much more than that now. I don't know that I'd put Bridges out there now, in the off-season I'd have done him or Ayton but now that's not an option, I'd rather keep Bridges to pair him with KD.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:36 pm
Marks also did an amazing job building the roster before going star hunting. He deserves all the criticism for the past few seasons, but he's also shown an ability to his job well otherwise.

I think Kyrie is too toxic. I'd be surprised if they could even get a protected 1st round pick for him right now. However, next Summer, some team will inevitably talk themselves into signing him, so I can't say he's "done".
He did, if the owner gave Marks permission to blow it up and rebuild, that would work too. I feel like Marks must feel like his job depends on how this works…not sure why else he’d be trying to force it to work. That team so clearly needs to be torn to shreds.

Split T

Post by Split T »

TOO wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:40 pm
Split T wrote:
Will they take Cam and his cheap deal and a buncha firsts? I don't think he's gonna get much more than that now. I don't know that I'd put Bridges out there now, in the off-season I'd have done him or Ayton but now that's not an option, I'd rather keep Bridges to pair him with KD.
That would be the dream… CamJ, Crowder, Saric, Shamet, and 4 1sts for KD…might need to include Craig too for salary matching

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Lakers really want an unapologetic antisemite? Who thinks that he can’t be antisemitic because of “where he’s from?”
Nobody needs some yeehawdist or lunatic shooting up a synagogue because some celebrity can’t help posting his bullshit conspiracies. There just needs to be a zero tolerance. Sorry you can’t afford media training, but if you can’t handle being a celebrity, your contract should be toast.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Split T wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:44 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:36 pm

He did, if the owner gave Marks permission to blow it up and rebuild, that would work too. I feel like Marks must feel like his job depends on how this works…not sure why else he’d be trying to force it to work. That team so clearly needs to be torn to shreds.
Absolutely. The price is dropping. Best I’d give is Cam Johnson or Bridges in the deal. Not both. One of them + picks and fuck off.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Split T wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:46 pm
TOO wrote:
Split T wrote:
That would be the dream… CamJ, Crowder, Saric, Shamet, and 4 1sts for KD…might need to include Craig too for salary matching
Jesus. That would gut a large chunk of our team and future for one guy. Especially since CamJ has looked terrific at times. Maybe I'm overrating CamJ and 4 1st round picks.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

TOO

Post by TOO »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:54 pm
Split T wrote:
TOO wrote:
Split T wrote:
Jesus. That would gut a large chunk of our team and future for one guy. Especially since CamJ has looked terrific at times. Maybe I'm overrating CamJ and 4 1st round picks.
I don't know how many of those guys are irreplaceable though, I feel like there's probably dudes currently on the street you could snag and not miss a beat.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Split T wrote:
TOO wrote:
Split T wrote:
DWJ's salary makes it work, no need to include Craig.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

TOO wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:11 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:54 pm
Split T wrote:
TOO wrote:
Split T wrote:
I don't know how many of those guys are irreplaceable though, I feel like there's probably dudes currently on the street you could snag and not miss a beat.
Pretty much just CamJ and Shamet on a good day.