Around the League: Week 6 (11/21 - 11/27)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
User avatar
Split T
Posts: 18897
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Around the League: Week 3 (10/31-11/6)

Post by Split T »



I’d suspend him indefinitely…wouldn’t allow him to be reinstated until after he’s off probation. Then I’d let him play if he had no probation violations and completed domestic violence training and therapy.

User avatar
Flagrant Fowl
Posts: 9054
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:04 am
Location: Haeundae, Busan, South Korea

Re: Around the League: Week 3 (10/31-11/6)

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

So, in other words, he'll be on the Lakers by Christmas.
UOducks4life in a previous life. Valar Morghulis.

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 18897
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Around the League: Week 3 (10/31-11/6)

Post by Split T »

He’s still restricted…Nets would be more fitting, no?

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 18897
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Around the League: Week 3 (10/31-11/6)

Post by Split T »


User avatar
Split T
Posts: 18897
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Around the League: Week 3 (10/31-11/6)

Post by Split T »

Is there a team that will actually put up with Kyrie next year? Feels like he could be close to out of the league.

User avatar
Drewsprocket
Posts: 1166
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:44 pm

Re: Around the League: Week 3 (10/31-11/6)

Post by Drewsprocket »

They really just gonna suspend him five games and pretend like it didn’t happen? IDK. Kyrie is going to end his career in the strangest of ways. I dislike his behavior as a sportsfan but I can hold space for the way some people are broken and don’t know how to fit in anywhere and their problems are often just self inflicted.

Edit: If any anti-semitic shit happens as the result of his comments then fuck him.

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 18897
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Around the League: Week 3 (10/31-11/6)

Post by Split T »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:58 pm
They really just gonna suspend him five games and pretend like it didn’t happen? IDK. Kyrie is going to end his career in the strangest of ways. I dislike his behavior as a sportsfan but I can hold space for the way some people are broken and don’t know how to fit in anywhere and their problems are often just self inflicted.

Edit: If any anti-semitic shit happens as the result of his comments then fuck him.
I mean it says minimum of 5 games and that he has to meet a series of remedial measures too. We’ll see if he’s compliant or if the suspension continues…definitely not pretending like it didn’t happen. Nets are responding.

User avatar
The Bobster
Posts: 5992
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:04 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Around the League: Week 3 (10/31-11/6)

Post by The Bobster »

At this point they may be better off just releasing him. I don't see where forcing "contrition" out of him serves any purpose.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 18897
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Around the League: Week 3 (10/31-11/6)

Post by Split T »

They won’t release him, unless they can get out of the contract…even still, I think they’d rather keep him suspended and on the roster. He could just go sign with the Lakers if they released him…don’t know if they’d risk that.

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 18897
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Around the League: Week 3 (10/31-11/6)

Post by Split T »

One thing I’ll say, I don’t know what offers were actually out there for KD in the summer, but they’re only getting worse. They should’ve moved him already. Surprised Marks still has a job.

User avatar
Flagrant Fowl
Posts: 9054
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:04 am
Location: Haeundae, Busan, South Korea

Re: Around the League: Week 3 (10/31-11/6)

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Marks also did an amazing job building the roster before going star hunting. He deserves all the criticism for the past few seasons, but he's also shown an ability to his job well otherwise.

I think Kyrie is too toxic. I'd be surprised if they could even get a protected 1st round pick for him right now. However, next Summer, some team will inevitably talk themselves into signing him, so I can't say he's "done".
UOducks4life in a previous life. Valar Morghulis.

User avatar
TOO
Posts: 6995
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:21 pm
Location: #JonesOut

Re: Around the League: Week 3 (10/31-11/6)

Post by TOO »

Split T wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:32 pm
One thing I’ll say, I don’t know what offers were actually out there for KD in the summer, but they’re only getting worse. They should’ve moved him already. Surprised Marks still has a job.
Will they take Cam and his cheap deal and a buncha firsts? I don't think he's gonna get much more than that now. I don't know that I'd put Bridges out there now, in the off-season I'd have done him or Ayton but now that's not an option, I'd rather keep Bridges to pair him with KD.

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 18897
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Around the League: Week 3 (10/31-11/6)

Post by Split T »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:36 pm
Marks also did an amazing job building the roster before going star hunting. He deserves all the criticism for the past few seasons, but he's also shown an ability to his job well otherwise.

I think Kyrie is too toxic. I'd be surprised if they could even get a protected 1st round pick for him right now. However, next Summer, some team will inevitably talk themselves into signing him, so I can't say he's "done".
He did, if the owner gave Marks permission to blow it up and rebuild, that would work too. I feel like Marks must feel like his job depends on how this works…not sure why else he’d be trying to force it to work. That team so clearly needs to be torn to shreds.

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 18897
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Around the League: Week 3 (10/31-11/6)

Post by Split T »

TOO wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:40 pm
Split T wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:32 pm
One thing I’ll say, I don’t know what offers were actually out there for KD in the summer, but they’re only getting worse. They should’ve moved him already. Surprised Marks still has a job.
Will they take Cam and his cheap deal and a buncha firsts? I don't think he's gonna get much more than that now. I don't know that I'd put Bridges out there now, in the off-season I'd have done him or Ayton but now that's not an option, I'd rather keep Bridges to pair him with KD.
That would be the dream… CamJ, Crowder, Saric, Shamet, and 4 1sts for KD…might need to include Craig too for salary matching

User avatar
Drewsprocket
Posts: 1166
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:44 pm

Re: Around the League: Week 3 (10/31-11/6)

Post by Drewsprocket »

Lakers really want an unapologetic antisemite? Who thinks that he can’t be antisemitic because of “where he’s from?”
Nobody needs some yeehawdist or lunatic shooting up a synagogue because some celebrity can’t help posting his bullshit conspiracies. There just needs to be a zero tolerance. Sorry you can’t afford media training, but if you can’t handle being a celebrity, your contract should be toast.

User avatar
Drewsprocket
Posts: 1166
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:44 pm

Re: Around the League: Week 3 (10/31-11/6)

Post by Drewsprocket »

Split T wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:44 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:36 pm
Marks also did an amazing job building the roster before going star hunting. He deserves all the criticism for the past few seasons, but he's also shown an ability to his job well otherwise.

I think Kyrie is too toxic. I'd be surprised if they could even get a protected 1st round pick for him right now. However, next Summer, some team will inevitably talk themselves into signing him, so I can't say he's "done".
He did, if the owner gave Marks permission to blow it up and rebuild, that would work too. I feel like Marks must feel like his job depends on how this works…not sure why else he’d be trying to force it to work. That team so clearly needs to be torn to shreds.
Absolutely. The price is dropping. Best I’d give is Cam Johnson or Bridges in the deal. Not both. One of them + picks and fuck off.

User avatar
AmareIsGod
Posts: 4277
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:24 pm

Re: Around the League: Week 3 (10/31-11/6)

Post by AmareIsGod »

Split T wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:46 pm
TOO wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:40 pm
Split T wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:32 pm
One thing I’ll say, I don’t know what offers were actually out there for KD in the summer, but they’re only getting worse. They should’ve moved him already. Surprised Marks still has a job.
Will they take Cam and his cheap deal and a buncha firsts? I don't think he's gonna get much more than that now. I don't know that I'd put Bridges out there now, in the off-season I'd have done him or Ayton but now that's not an option, I'd rather keep Bridges to pair him with KD.
That would be the dream… CamJ, Crowder, Saric, Shamet, and 4 1sts for KD…might need to include Craig too for salary matching
Jesus. That would gut a large chunk of our team and future for one guy. Especially since CamJ has looked terrific at times. Maybe I'm overrating CamJ and 4 1st round picks.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

User avatar
TOO
Posts: 6995
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:21 pm
Location: #JonesOut

Re: Around the League: Week 3 (10/31-11/6)

Post by TOO »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:54 pm
Split T wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:46 pm
TOO wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:40 pm
Split T wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:32 pm
One thing I’ll say, I don’t know what offers were actually out there for KD in the summer, but they’re only getting worse. They should’ve moved him already. Surprised Marks still has a job.
Will they take Cam and his cheap deal and a buncha firsts? I don't think he's gonna get much more than that now. I don't know that I'd put Bridges out there now, in the off-season I'd have done him or Ayton but now that's not an option, I'd rather keep Bridges to pair him with KD.
That would be the dream… CamJ, Crowder, Saric, Shamet, and 4 1sts for KD…might need to include Craig too for salary matching
Jesus. That would gut a large chunk of our team and future for one guy. Especially since CamJ has looked terrific at times. Maybe I'm overrating CamJ and 4 1st round picks.
I don't know how many of those guys are irreplaceable though, I feel like there's probably dudes currently on the street you could snag and not miss a beat.

JeremyG
Posts: 4158
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:16 pm

Re: Around the League: Week 3 (10/31-11/6)

Post by JeremyG »

Split T wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:46 pm
TOO wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:40 pm
Split T wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:32 pm
One thing I’ll say, I don’t know what offers were actually out there for KD in the summer, but they’re only getting worse. They should’ve moved him already. Surprised Marks still has a job.
Will they take Cam and his cheap deal and a buncha firsts? I don't think he's gonna get much more than that now. I don't know that I'd put Bridges out there now, in the off-season I'd have done him or Ayton but now that's not an option, I'd rather keep Bridges to pair him with KD.
That would be the dream… CamJ, Crowder, Saric, Shamet, and 4 1sts for KD…might need to include Craig too for salary matching
DWJ's salary makes it work, no need to include Craig.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

User avatar
virtual9mm
Posts: 1667
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:24 pm

Re: Around the League: Week 3 (10/31-11/6)

Post by virtual9mm »

TOO wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:11 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:54 pm
Split T wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:46 pm
TOO wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:40 pm
Split T wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:32 pm
One thing I’ll say, I don’t know what offers were actually out there for KD in the summer, but they’re only getting worse. They should’ve moved him already. Surprised Marks still has a job.
Will they take Cam and his cheap deal and a buncha firsts? I don't think he's gonna get much more than that now. I don't know that I'd put Bridges out there now, in the off-season I'd have done him or Ayton but now that's not an option, I'd rather keep Bridges to pair him with KD.
That would be the dream… CamJ, Crowder, Saric, Shamet, and 4 1sts for KD…might need to include Craig too for salary matching
Jesus. That would gut a large chunk of our team and future for one guy. Especially since CamJ has looked terrific at times. Maybe I'm overrating CamJ and 4 1st round picks.
I don't know how many of those guys are irreplaceable though, I feel like there's probably dudes currently on the street you could snag and not miss a beat.
Pretty much just CamJ and Shamet on a good day.

Post Reply