Game Day: Blazers (5-2) @ Suns (6-1), Fri 11/4/22

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
pickle

Re: Game Day: Blazers (5-2) @ Suns (6-1), Fri 11/4/22

Post by pickle »

Split T wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:28 pm
TOO wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:26 pm
Split T wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:23 pm
How do we still not have a good strategy for when Book is doubled?
Part of that is still on Booker, he just loses his mind when he gets doubled, like he forgets how to play basketball.
I don’t think it was on Booker…they clearly have a strategy in place. Bridges is supposed to cut middle and Booker feeds him. It’s just slow and clunky and gives the opponent plenty of time to respond. Bridges also panicked when he got the ball.
It’s not all on Booker but when he sees that double coming he needs to pick up a bit of speed and attack it… at least don’t back down and give the defenders more space to cover more passing angles. I’d prefer he forced the issue by splitting the double team like Grant did and making the refs make a call.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

pickle wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:29 pm
These whistles are ridiculous.
Mikal gets called for traveling and yet Grant is allowed to take four steps backwards for the game winner.
"Be Legendary."

pickle

Post by pickle »

Wally_West wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:53 pm
Frustrating loss but it’s only game 8. Oh well.
I’m honestly not that bothered by this loss. It didn’t tell us anything we didn’t already know and the refs were pretty bad today imho.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:27 pm
Thank God I have tickets to the game tomorrow night. This one would have pissed me off.
I’d be very surprised if you don’t get a win tomorrow.
"Be Legendary."

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Probably should sign melo now

carey

Post by carey »

My Cam fears are back. I am praying it’s not his ACL or meniscus. He can’t stand up to the rigors of starting and playing PF nightly. Suns are kind of screwed if he misses extended time. You saw how bad Dario looked and you can’t start Okogie. We are in trouble.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

carey wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:51 pm
My Cam fears are back. I am praying it’s not his ACL or meniscus. He can’t stand up to the rigors of starting and playing PF nightly. Suns are kind of screwed if he misses extended time. You saw how bad Dario looked and you can’t start Okogie. We are in trouble.
Fuck.

Uncle_Gene

Post by Uncle_Gene »

That was an obvious travel on Grant.

WTF !! 🤬
Phoenix Suns 2023-24NBA Champions !

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Well-executed last shot by Portland. He might have traveled, but he certainly got the shot off in less than a second.

The Suns had a lead with 30 seconds left but gave up a big offensive rebound for a score and then didn't execute well enough to get a last shot off which put them in a position to lose.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Bullshit game, bullshit gamewinner, bullshit refs. Not gonna sweat this one. We didn't have much bounce during the game for whatever reason and their hustle guys outhustled us. Thought we struggled with their length at times and they disrupted us on the defensive end (similar to Minny). Winslow, Hart, Little gave us problems while we let Grant go off for 30 and always seem to have trouble with Eubanks. I don't think we looked past the Blazers or took them lightly, it was just a different style of game between our starters and their reserves. Lee seemed to be the only one matching that kind of energy and made a nice impact on the game.

Monty's right about CP taking just 4 shots - especially with the injury to the Cams. Mikal was non-existent, which just can't happen and his travel at the end of the game was brutal. It's a tough play for him and Book didn't handle the double well; we need a better look than that.

The refs have been terrible so far this year. It's all around the league and everyone's been complaining- the travels, the carry/palming, the take foul, the technicals...just a bad start all around. Usually there are points of emphasis from the refs that last a few weeks into the season and then things go back to normal. You just wish on a last play like that the refs would be able to look at a replay and call it off.

Won't panic over CamJ just yet but it's been something almost every game with him. Someone asked if he's accident prone or injury prone and it's a good question. He just seems to be picking these injuries up from getting hit and knocked around.
Last edited by ShelC on Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

pickle

Post by pickle »

I don't know why they keep calling that Book defensive play a block. It looked like an alley-oop that he broke up so it should be a steal, not a block, no?

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

ShelC wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:31 am
Bullshit game, bullshit gamewinner, bullshit refs. Not gonna sweat this one. We didn't have much bounce during the game for whatever reason and their hustle guys outhustled us. Thought we struggled with their length at times and they disrupted us on the defensive end (similar to Minny). Winslow, Hart, Little gave us problems while we let Grant go off for 30 and always seem to have trouble with Eubanks. I don't think we looked past the Blazers or took them lightly, it was just a different style of game between our starters and their reserves. Lee seemed to be the only one matching that kind of energy and made a nice impact on the game.

Monty's right about CP taking just 4 shots - especially with the injury to the Cams. Mikal was non-existent, which just can't happen and his travel at the end of the game was brutal. It's a tough play for him and Book didn't handle the double well; we need a better look than that.

The refs have been terrible so far this year. It's all around the league and everyone's been complaining- the travels, the carry/palming, the take foul, the technicals...just a bad start all around. Usually there are points of emphasis from the refs that last a few weeks into the season and then things go back to normal. You just wish on a last play like that the refs would be able to look at a replay and call it off.

Won't panic over CamJ just yet but it's been something almost every game with him. Someone asked if he's accident prone or injury prone and it's a good question. He just seems to be picking these injuries up from getting hit and knocked around.
Crash Johnson.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Glass Johnson

Split T

Post by Split T »

Good thing we’re trading him for KD 😏

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Split T wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:53 am
Good thing we’re trading him for KD 😏
I was opposed to it. God knows why. We'll need to send him wrapped in bubble wrap.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Split T

Post by Split T »

Yikes, that’s some really unfortunate bad calls in Portlands favor right in a row

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

ShelC wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:31 am
Mikal was non-existent, which just can't happen and his travel at the end of the game was brutal. It's a tough play for him and Book didn't handle the double well; we need a better look than that.
Exactly what I was getting at with the question about the Warriors 4-4 start. Our guys were outworked in this one and they have to do better in those future reps.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:22 am
Yikes, that’s some really unfortunate bad calls in Portlands favor right in a row

NSFW

Seriously. I don't think the Suns were robbed, they didn't play well enough for that. But com'on, everyone could see the bad whistle at the end.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya I agree they have themselves to blame for being in the situation in the first place…just kinda funny to see how bad the refs botched the end. To be fair, it definitely looked like Mikal travelled and nobody calls defensive 3 seconds…unless it’s Ayton in the paint(he gets called a lot it seems). They especially never call it at the end of games. Saw a stat once that defensive 3 seconds is the most missed call in the final 2 minutes.