Around the League: Week 4 (11/7-11/13)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 10191
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Around the League: Week 4 (11/7-11/13)

Post by ShelC »

Nationally televised games this week
Wednesday Nov. 9th
New York Knicks @ Brooklyn Nets 7:30pm EST on ESPN
LA Lakers @ LA Clippers 10:00pm EST on ESPN

Friday, Nov. 11th
Minnesota Timberwolves @ Memphis Grizzlies 9:30pm EST on ESPN

NBA News
Trae Young and Dejounte Murray are making an unlikely pairing work for the Hawks
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/349 ... work-hawks

LUKA DONCIC SCORES 30-PLUS FOR 8TH STRAIGHT GAME
https://www.nba.com/news/luka-doncic-scoring-30-points

Steve Kerr anticipates Warriors rebounding from winless road trip
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/349 ... -road-trip

Kawhi Leonard 'progressing well' but no time frame for return
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/349 ... ame-return

User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 16688
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Around the League: Week 4 (11/7-11/13)

Post by Mori Chu »

Steve Kerr anticipates Warriors rebounding from winless road trip

The Warriors are in an outright nosedive right now. They've lost 6 straight, I think? Oof. Pretty amazing from a team everyone anointed as the next West champ before the season began. They are having a bit of a generational friction between their old guard (Curry, Thompson, Green) who are a bit past their prime, and their young guys (Poole, Wiggins, Wiseman, Kaminga, etc.) who are maybe not quite ready to take the reins.

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 18868
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Around the League: Week 4 (11/7-11/13)

Post by Split T »

What if the Cavs said screw it, let’s go get KD. They have no picks to trade, but if they made Mobley available?

Love/Mobley/Okoro for KD/O’Neale. Who says no?

Garland/Mitchell/O’Neale/KD/Allen

Probably too risky to give up Mobley, but man that’s a stacked team.

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 18868
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Around the League: Week 4 (11/7-11/13)

Post by Split T »

Also rumors that Anthony Davis is available…would you trade for him? What would it take? What would LA be looking for?

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 26838
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: San Diego, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Around the League: Week 4 (11/7-11/13)

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:29 am
Also rumors that Anthony Davis is available…would you trade for him? What would it take? What would LA be looking for?
We don't need more players sitting at home.
"It should burn. It'll probably burn forever. But last season is done." - James Jones

"I don't think I've ever been that angry shooting a basketball." - Cam Johnson

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 18868
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Around the League: Week 4 (11/7-11/13)

Post by Split T »



Anyone gonna try and catch a little of every game? Haha

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 18868
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Around the League: Week 4 (11/7-11/13)

Post by Split T »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:29 am
Split T wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:29 am
Also rumors that Anthony Davis is available…would you trade for him? What would it take? What would LA be looking for?
We don't need more players sitting at home.
He’s healthy right now and playing. I don’t think the risk would be worth what LA would need in return, but depends on what LA would want.

Unfortunately though, Davis is a C that wants to play PF and probably has to play PF as he’s too big of an injury risk at C. Can’t shoot though, so you can’t really pair him with Ayton.

I’m a stay away, because the absolute most I’d be willing to give up(Crowder/CamJ/Saric/1st) wouldn’t be enough for LA.

User avatar
wpmiller42
Posts: 642
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:22 pm

Re: Around the League: Week 4 (11/7-11/13)

Post by wpmiller42 »

Split T wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:29 am
Also rumors that Anthony Davis is available…would you trade for him? What would it take? What would LA be looking for?
I'd rather try and get LeBron, he'd just fill so many holes for us, but I don't think I'd be willing to give up what LA would be asking for, plus I think he's not eligible to even be traded this season?

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 18868
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Around the League: Week 4 (11/7-11/13)

Post by Split T »

wpmiller42 wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:41 am
Split T wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:29 am
Also rumors that Anthony Davis is available…would you trade for him? What would it take? What would LA be looking for?
I'd rather try and get LeBron, he'd just fill so many holes for us, but I don't think I'd be willing to give up what LA would be asking for, plus I think he's not eligible to even be traded this season?
Ya not eligible this year

User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 16688
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Around the League: Week 4 (11/7-11/13)

Post by Mori Chu »

Lakers have won a few games lately. I think they're still in the mode of trying to make a trade to get better, not fire-sale away AD or Lebron.

User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 10191
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: Around the League: Week 4 (11/7-11/13)

Post by ShelC »

I have no interest in AD.

I think Toronto could put together a package of players for KD if they wanted and make a jump in the East.

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 18868
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Around the League: Week 4 (11/7-11/13)

Post by Split T »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:47 am
Lakers have won a few games lately. I think they're still in the mode of trying to make a trade to get better, not fire-sale away AD or Lebron.
Probably, but this season feels like a lost one already. AD isn’t the same guy and can’t stay healthy. If they can move him for multiple pieces/assets while also freeing up cap space next summer? They might do it. Then they can actually build a competent roster around LeBron’s final 2 years.

Say they would take the suns offer of Crowder/CamJ/Saric and a pick. They’d open up a ton of cap space next summer and I honestly think it’s a pretty good class. Not a ton of stars, but lots of depth. Extend Crowder, wait and sign CamJ after everyone else. There’s guys like Kyrie, Barnes, Grant, Vucevic, Wood, Gordon. Instead of spending 40 million on one player, go get 3 of those guys and you have a roster.

Kyrie/CamJ/Barnes/LeBron/Vucevic. Beverley/Walker/Crowder/Jones off the bench. That’s definitely a better roster than this years crap fest.

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 18868
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Around the League: Week 4 (11/7-11/13)

Post by Split T »

ShelC wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:51 am
I have no interest in AD.

I think Toronto could put together a package of players for KD if they wanted and make a jump in the East.
Who would you offer? Would you trade Siakam? I wouldn’t if I’m Toronto. I think I’d say we’re keeping FVV/Barnes/Siakam…Pick 3 players and 3 picks from the rest of our roster.

So maybe OG/Trent/Boucher and 3 1sts…Does Brooklyn do that?

User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 16688
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Around the League: Week 4 (11/7-11/13)

Post by Mori Chu »

Split T wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:59 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:47 am
Lakers have won a few games lately. I think they're still in the mode of trying to make a trade to get better, not fire-sale away AD or Lebron.
Probably, but this season feels like a lost one already. AD isn’t the same guy and can’t stay healthy. If they can move him for multiple pieces/assets while also freeing up cap space next summer? They might do it. Then they can actually build a competent roster around LeBron’s final 2 years.

Say they would take the suns offer of Crowder/CamJ/Saric and a pick. They’d open up a ton of cap space next summer and I honestly think it’s a pretty good class. Not a ton of stars, but lots of depth. Extend Crowder, wait and sign CamJ after everyone else. There’s guys like Kyrie, Barnes, Grant, Vucevic, Wood, Gordon. Instead of spending 40 million on one player, go get 3 of those guys and you have a roster.

Kyrie/CamJ/Barnes/LeBron/Vucevic. Beverley/Walker/Crowder/Jones off the bench. That’s definitely a better roster than this years crap fest.
I don't think any team is touching Kyrie. At least not this season. His antisemitic comments (and lack of atonement for such) have rendered him radioactive.

Also, sure, it might be wiser for the Lakers to blow it up. But they committed to Lebron and to giving him the best shot possible to win at the end of his career. They have to see that through. They'll probably end up mortgaging future assets and picks to get some more talent this season. The rumors of a trade with Indiana, something like Westbrook + two 1sts for Turner and Hield have a lot of smoke to them.

User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 10191
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: Around the League: Week 4 (11/7-11/13)

Post by ShelC »

I think you start with OG as a main piece and then move up to Siakam if talks progress and BK pushes for it. The East is kind of open so maybe you get a 2 year window with FVV, Barnes, KD and their roleplayers.

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 18868
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Around the League: Week 4 (11/7-11/13)

Post by Split T »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:24 am
Split T wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:59 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:47 am
Lakers have won a few games lately. I think they're still in the mode of trying to make a trade to get better, not fire-sale away AD or Lebron.
Probably, but this season feels like a lost one already. AD isn’t the same guy and can’t stay healthy. If they can move him for multiple pieces/assets while also freeing up cap space next summer? They might do it. Then they can actually build a competent roster around LeBron’s final 2 years.

Say they would take the suns offer of Crowder/CamJ/Saric and a pick. They’d open up a ton of cap space next summer and I honestly think it’s a pretty good class. Not a ton of stars, but lots of depth. Extend Crowder, wait and sign CamJ after everyone else. There’s guys like Kyrie, Barnes, Grant, Vucevic, Wood, Gordon. Instead of spending 40 million on one player, go get 3 of those guys and you have a roster.

Kyrie/CamJ/Barnes/LeBron/Vucevic. Beverley/Walker/Crowder/Jones off the bench. That’s definitely a better roster than this years crap fest.
I don't think any team is touching Kyrie. At least not this season. His antisemitic comments (and lack of atonement for such) have rendered him radioactive.

Also, sure, it might be wiser for the Lakers to blow it up. But they committed to Lebron and to giving him the best shot possible to win at the end of his career. They have to see that through. They'll probably end up mortgaging future assets and picks to get some more talent this season. The rumors of a trade with Indiana, something like Westbrook + two 1sts for Turner and Hield have a lot of smoke to them.
I’m suggesting blowing up this years roster is the best thing to help compete in LeBron’s final years…

I did have one thought…what if you do the Turner/Hield for Westbrook trade and then trade AD to Sacramento for Fox/Barnes?

Fox/Hield/Barnes/LeBron/Turner. That’s something.

Does Sacramento do it? Mitchell/Huerter/Murray/AD/Sabonis

I think it’s interesting for both teams.

But just in case anyone gets any ideas, I hope LA botches this no matter what they decide.

User avatar
Split T
Posts: 18868
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:51 am
Location: Provo, Utah

Re: Around the League: Week 4 (11/7-11/13)

Post by Split T »

ShelC wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:25 am
I think you start with OG as a main piece and then move up to Siakam if talks progress and BK pushes for it. The East is kind of open so maybe you get a 2 year window with FVV, Barnes, KD and their roleplayers.
Would you offer anything in addition to Siakam, or just a 1 for 1 swap. That’s the only way I’d consider Siakam and even then I might not do it. Siakam is having an MVP dark horse season so far and he’s significantly younger.

User avatar
Shabazz
Posts: 6039
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:16 pm

Re: Around the League: Week 4 (11/7-11/13)

Post by Shabazz »

I've watched AD grab for his back after simple movements on 3 separate occasions already this season. Ticking time bomb. I'd stay far away.
Crowder Trade Targets: Kuzma or Avdija, J. Isaac, J. Holiday + Jalen Johnson, Quickley + Reddish, Clarkson and/or Vanderbilt, Barnes + Lyles or Metu or T. Davis, E. Gordon + KJ Martin, Patrick Williams, Oubre, McConnell + Brissett

User avatar
ShelC
Posts: 10191
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:00 am

Re: Around the League: Week 4 (11/7-11/13)

Post by ShelC »

Split T wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:36 am
ShelC wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:25 am
I think you start with OG as a main piece and then move up to Siakam if talks progress and BK pushes for it. The East is kind of open so maybe you get a 2 year window with FVV, Barnes, KD and their roleplayers.
Would you offer anything in addition to Siakam, or just a 1 for 1 swap. That’s the only way I’d consider Siakam and even then I might not do it. Siakam is having an MVP dark horse season so far and he’s significantly younger.
Siakam isn't leading the Raps to a title. Throw in a few roleplayers like Porter and Koloko and picks.

User avatar
Shabazz
Posts: 6039
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:16 pm

Re: Around the League: Week 4 (11/7-11/13)

Post by Shabazz »

Split T wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:02 am
ShelC wrote:
Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:51 am
I have no interest in AD.

I think Toronto could put together a package of players for KD if they wanted and make a jump in the East.
Who would you offer? Would you trade Siakam? I wouldn’t if I’m Toronto. I think I’d say we’re keeping FVV/Barnes/Siakam…Pick 3 players and 3 picks from the rest of our roster.

So maybe OG/Trent/Boucher and 3 1sts…Does Brooklyn do that?
I don't think KD would ever suit up for the Raptors considering the city cheered him tearing his achilles.
Crowder Trade Targets: Kuzma or Avdija, J. Isaac, J. Holiday + Jalen Johnson, Quickley + Reddish, Clarkson and/or Vanderbilt, Barnes + Lyles or Metu or T. Davis, E. Gordon + KJ Martin, Patrick Williams, Oubre, McConnell + Brissett

Post Reply