Around the League: Week 4 (11/7-11/13)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 6675
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Around the League: Week 4 (11/7-11/13)

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:22 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:10 pm
Superbone wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:28 pm
Hyperbole much?
Prove me wrong!
Well even if you took away all his free throws, Luka is averaging 25/9/8 this year. Turkoglu never did that. Also Hedo only had 1 year with an eFG% above Luka’s career eFG%. Hedo never had as efficient of a shooting season as Luka is now.

I think Luka is overrated, but Turkoglu was a 19/5/5 guy in his career year. Luka was 21/8/6 in his worst year as a 19 year old rookie. Turk only had 1 other year above 15 ppg.
Players guard him differently because of the quick whistle. If he got a Phoenix suns whistle he’s an 18 ppg guy on low ts%

User avatar
specialsauce
Posts: 6675
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:45 pm

Re: Around the League: Week 4 (11/7-11/13)

Post by specialsauce »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:27 pm
Split T wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:22 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:10 pm
Superbone wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:28 pm
Hyperbole much?
Prove me wrong!
Well even if you took away all his free throws, Luka is averaging 25/9/8 this year. Turkoglu never did that. Also Hedo only had 1 year with an eFG% above Luka’s career eFG%. Hedo never had as efficient of a shooting season as Luka is now.

I think Luka is overrated, but Turkoglu was a 19/5/5 guy in his career year. Luka was 21/8/6 in his worst year as a 19 year old rookie. Turk only had 1 other year above 15 ppg.
Thanks for actually partaking in the exercise, Split. It's pretty obvious to almost everybody. :P
It’s cute when you try to make the majority opinion part of your argument. If everyone says it, it must be true! All the cool kids thunk it!

User avatar
Superbone
Posts: 28416
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:44 am
Location: San Diego, CA (Phoenix Native)

Re: Around the League: Week 4 (11/7-11/13)

Post by Superbone »

specialsauce wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:28 pm
Superbone wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:27 pm
Split T wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:22 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:10 pm
Superbone wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:28 pm
Hyperbole much?
Prove me wrong!
Well even if you took away all his free throws, Luka is averaging 25/9/8 this year. Turkoglu never did that. Also Hedo only had 1 year with an eFG% above Luka’s career eFG%. Hedo never had as efficient of a shooting season as Luka is now.

I think Luka is overrated, but Turkoglu was a 19/5/5 guy in his career year. Luka was 21/8/6 in his worst year as a 19 year old rookie. Turk only had 1 other year above 15 ppg.
Thanks for actually partaking in the exercise, Split. It's pretty obvious to almost everybody. :P
It’s cute when you try to make the majority opinion part of your argument. If everyone says it, it must be true! All the cool kids thunk it!
OK, sauce. You go ahead and keep living in your own little world.
"I play as physical as it gets. Maybe I am playing too hard." - Deandre Ayton

“If you went into a lab and wanted to construct a starting five, this is what it’s going to look like. This is as good as it gets…” - Tim Legler

User avatar
Mori Chu
Posts: 17575
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:05 am

Re: Around the League: Week 4 (11/7-11/13)

Post by Mori Chu »

To be fair, the PEDs we have now for Luka are much better than the ones Hedo used.

User avatar
INFORMER
Posts: 7733
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:19 pm

Re: Around the League: Week 4 (11/7-11/13)

Post by INFORMER »

INFORMER wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:11 pm
The narrative from the Anti-Luka crowd when Porzingis and and Brunson left is that he was holding them back because he was such a ballhog. Have you caught them with their new teams? Their new teams are mediocre at best, and they are essentially performing at the same level they were in Dallas.
Um, this didn't age well. Brunson has played like a star this year; he has been absolutely tremendous. Credit to him and congrats to NY; I thought it was silly that they pursued him so hard, and I thought they blew it by not meeting Ainge's demands in the Donovan Mitchell trade talks, but they are having a good season (and just three back of Cleveland in the loss column, btw).
DominAYTON vs HibernAYTON: 25-20

User avatar
Flagrant Fowl
Posts: 10226
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:04 am
Location: Haeundae, Busan, South Korea

Re: Around the League: Week 4 (11/7-11/13)

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Like everyone else who follows the league, I knew he was going to the Knicks all summer. It didn’t stop me from imagining a world where the Suns S&T Ayton, moved on from Paul, and made Brunson the PG. It would’ve been a lot of fun to have him with Mikal.
UOducks4life in a previous life. Valar Morghulis.

Post Reply