Game Day: Suns (8-4) @ Heat (6-7), Mon 11/14/22

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: Game Day: Suns (8-4) @ Heat (6-7), Mon 11/14/22

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:26 pm
Superbone wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:17 pm
In2ition wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:10 pm
Superbone wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:05 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:47 pm
Or just fucking try something different to develop for the playoffs,give DA looks in the post or force feed Mikal off the elbow. Let them fail because they’re growing, not fail because we’re doing the same shit as the last two years that didn’t work!!! How many times are we just going to wait for booker to get fucking trapped and panic. Then the guys surrounding him are a deer in headlights because the game plan was to stay the hell away from the ball..
I thought Payne lost his aggressiveness at the end. They can't let the other team focus on Book. The others need to be able to produce at the end of games.
Didn't he go 1-7 in the 4th, and wasn't facilitating to really anyone else like Ayton or Mikal? I could be wrong, as I am going by what I was told on this. I'm guessing that may have something to do with it.
That's his problem. He's got to learn to be a shooter where the next shot is going in. I saw him get close to the rim at the end of the game and pass it back out. He's got to shoot that whether he's 1-7 or 7-1.
Didn't he go in and take a shot at the end, which he missed, but we were able to get the rebound and get it out to Book? I thought I saw that in the replay.
Yes, missed a little 6-7 foot runner. Was a pretty good look tbh.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:26 pm
Superbone wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:17 pm
In2ition wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:10 pm
Superbone wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:05 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Or just fucking try something different to develop for the playoffs,give DA looks in the post or force feed Mikal off the elbow. Let them fail because they’re growing, not fail because we’re doing the same shit as the last two years that didn’t work!!! How many times are we just going to wait for booker to get fucking trapped and panic. Then the guys surrounding him are a deer in headlights because the game plan was to stay the hell away from the ball..
I thought Payne lost his aggressiveness at the end. They can't let the other team focus on Book. The others need to be able to produce at the end of games.
Didn't he go 1-7 in the 4th, and wasn't facilitating to really anyone else like Ayton or Mikal? I could be wrong, as I am going by what I was told on this. I'm guessing that may have something to do with it.
That's his problem. He's got to learn to be a shooter where the next shot is going in. I saw him get close to the rim at the end of the game and pass it back out. He's got to shoot that whether he's 1-7 or 7-1.
Didn't he go in and take a shot at the end, which he missed, but we were able to get the rebound and get it out to Book? I thought I saw that in the replay.
True, he finally did on that play.
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:35 pm
specialsauce wrote:

Have you been watching the games? We have been letting Mikal do a lot more and Booker actually handled the trap much better than usual against the Heat…so I’m not sure what you’re complaining about.
Yeah he handled it real well down the stretch :roll:

Split T

Post by Split T »

specialsauce wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:15 pm
Split T wrote:
specialsauce wrote:

Have you been watching the games? We have been letting Mikal do a lot more and Booker actually handled the trap much better than usual against the Heat…so I’m not sure what you’re complaining about.
:roll:

You said you wanted them to fail because they are growing, but he has 1 bad play against the trap and apparently it doesn’t matter. Doesn’t seem like you are willing to let them fail.

What about Mikal? He averaged 10 shots a game last year and he’s been taking 15 a game over the last 4…is that not a change?

Sometimes I think you just want to be mad and complain but the facts don’t back you up so you just get louder and double down. I get it, I don’t think many of us are happy with the current team, but we don’t need to make up reasons to be mad…there’s plenty already.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

specialsauce, your opinion doesn't match mine. Did you even watch the game? You don't watch the game, do you?? Probably didn't even watch the game.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:13 pm
specialsauce, your opinion doesn't match mine. Did you even watch the game? You don't watch the game, do you?? Probably didn't even watch the game.
Nah you can keep the snark…I presented him with facts, won’t change his opinion.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:56 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 5:13 pm
Nah you can keep the snark…I presented him with facts, won’t change his opinion.
“Facts” lmao okay Kari Lake

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:31 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Split T wrote:
specialsauce wrote:

You said you wanted them to fail because they are growing, but he has 1 bad play against the trap and apparently it doesn’t matter. Doesn’t seem like you are willing to let them fail.

What about Mikal? He averaged 10 shots a game last year and he’s been taking 15 a game over the last 4…is that not a change?

Sometimes I think you just want to be mad and complain but the facts don’t back you up so you just get louder and double down. I get it, I don’t think many of us are happy with the current team, but we don’t need to make up reasons to be mad…there’s plenty already.
Interesting that you Equate development to shots per game. How about shots in final 4 minutes that aren’t an open J or busted play? How about designed plays to get players other than Booker the ball or get it to him in a position to score.

Yeah Book handled it great giving it up each time with 5 seconds left in the clock to Cam Payne to make another mistake. What about the first 19 seconds?

I guess I must have watched the wrong game. I thought you were talking about the Suns sorry

Split T

Post by Split T »

specialsauce wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:39 pm
Split T wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Split T wrote:
specialsauce wrote:

Interesting that you Equate development to shots per game. How about shots in final 4 minutes that aren’t an open J or busted play? How about designed plays to get players other than Booker the ball or get it to him in a position to score.

Yeah Book handled it great giving it up each time with 5 seconds left in the clock to Cam Payne to make another mistake. What about the first 19 seconds?

I guess I must have watched the wrong game. I thought you were talking about the Suns sorry
Don’t worry, I won’t bother with you anymore

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:46 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:39 pm
Split T wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Split T wrote:

Don’t worry, I won’t bother with you anymore
Classy

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

What is with the offensive set where Ayton sets up about 4 feet outside the key behind the basket? What purpose does that serve besides take him completely out of the offense and out of position to get a rebound? I have seen it over and over lately. It doesn’t seem like a good plan. Thoughts?

Split T

Post by Split T »

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

SunsRIt wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:09 am
What is with the offensive set where Ayton sets up about 4 feet outside the key behind the basket? What purpose does that serve besides take him completely out of the offense and out of position to get a rebound? I have seen it over and over lately. It doesn’t seem like a good plan. Thoughts?
Behind the basket? Are you talking about an inbounds play?
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:18 am
Ah yes again noted no plays in crunch time where our offense reverted to garbagio stand and watch booker dribble until there’s 5 seconds left and he gets trapped.

Lies by omission continue

Those plays are cute but let’s have a plan other than stand around in crunch time

Split T

Post by Split T »

You mean this play?

There’s no trap there, just great defense by Butler

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Payne got that ball with 9 seconds in the shot clock. What happened the first 15? That’s what I’m saying. It’s booker just standing at the 3 point line dribbling with zero purpose then panicking and just lobbing the ball to someone with the clock
Winding down.

We should be running designed sets aggressive and early in the clock for DA and Bridges with Book coming off the ball when teams decide they are going to play the trap. If DA or bridges fuck up then so be it call it regular season grooming for postseason, but this method is going to fail yet again

Split T

Post by Split T »

I went back and watched the final 5 minutes to refresh my memory. On the last play the ball started with Payne, Booker came around a screen to get the ball and was trapped and fouled while passing back to Payne. They inbounded to Booker who made a quick move, the Heat showed help and that’s when Booker passed to Payne and the video above shows the rest. So no standing around on that play.

To your credit, with about 2:00 left, the suns held the ball and Booker was trapped, tried to pass to Mikal but it was deflected into the backcourt. Mikal retrieved it, but had to heave it to avoid a shot clock violation. That was an ugly play.

They did have a good set play on the next possession that resulted in a Booker 3.

Let me just apologize, I must have been in a bad mood yesterday and I’m not sure why something so little set me off. I was still encouraged by how Booker played this game, especially against the trap. Gave me some hope and I’m intrigued by the Mikal developments. I get that they are baby steps and you’re wanting bigger developments, I do too. Let’s hope they get there.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:35 pm
I went back and watched the final 5 minutes to refresh my memory. On the last play the ball started with Payne, Booker came around a screen to get the ball and was trapped and fouled while passing back to Payne. They inbounded to Booker who made a quick move, the Heat showed help and that’s when Booker passed to Payne and the video above shows the rest. So no standing around on that play.

To your credit, with about 2:00 left, the suns held the ball and Booker was trapped, tried to pass to Mikal but it was deflected into the backcourt. Mikal retrieved it, but had to heave it to avoid a shot clock violation. That was an ugly play.

They did have a good set play on the next possession that resulted in a Booker 3.

Let me just apologize, I must have been in a bad mood yesterday and I’m not sure why something so little set me off. I was still encouraged by how Booker played this game, especially against the trap. Gave me some hope and I’m intrigued by the Mikal developments. I get that they are baby steps and you’re wanting bigger developments, I do too. Let’s hope they get there.
I don’t take anything personally and tone doesn’t convey in text so hope you understand I don’t mean anything personally either.
If I didn’t come here to argue about sports with all you idiots and your terrible takes, it wouldn’t be fun for me and I might as well not visit
Last edited by specialsauce on Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:40 am
SunsRIt wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:09 am
Behind the basket? Are you talking about an inbounds play?
Not an inbounds play. Just a regular offensive set. Watch for it tonight.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:35 pm

In those five minutes you rewatched how many times was Mikal the initial look on offense? DA? Seriously