Suns News: Week 6 (11/21 - 11/27)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
SunsRIt

Re: Suns News: Week 6 (11/21 - 11/27)

Post by SunsRIt »

Split T wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:41 pm
When do we start to think that CP3’s heel soreness might actually have some achilles tendon involvement? He obviously didn’t rupture it, but maybe compromised some of the connecting tissue and were being extra cautious?
Doesn’t something like that typically involve being in a boot? My daughter had a strained Achilles from playing soccer. She was in a boot 24/7 for 9 weeks to completely isolate it.

Split T

Post by Split T »

They’re just being extra cautious with what they are calling a sore heel…suns not exactly forthcoming either on these things

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Maaaaan
CP3 can come back in 2023 :twisted: :P :lol:

Give the guys another month of trial and error 🙃
Then we can work on him fitting around everyone's increased usage while we integrate our new trade piece ? ☺️🤷🏾‍♂️
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Split T wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:18 am
The Bobster wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:52 am
You'd be sacrificing a lot of rebounding and defense with that lineup.

A LOT.
Rebounding and defense from who? We wouldn’t be trading anyone form our rotation to get him. He’d take the Cam Johnson spot in the starting lineup…not exactly someone providing a ton of rebounding or defense. You could even have him come off the bench if he’s willing and run the 2nd unit. Or start him and bring CP3 off the bench
Exactly

Trading Shamet, Jae, Dario and picks for Rozen is such a no fucking brainer. Shamet should be a vet minimum player, Dario is not even playing and Jae been MIA all year so 3 1st isnt even that big of the deal considering the rest of the package, Rozen is a damn all-star/all-nba player who’s averaging 26pts. 3 1st is a easy price to pay here. You’d literally be inserting a 26 point scorer to the current team.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I think the one area for pause is his lack of spacing. He’s not a great fit with CP3/Ayton…But man would he be an elite release valve for Booker. I also think a Payne/Lee/Derozan/CamJ/Jock bench unit would kill…Spacing around an elite midrange scorer who is also a high level playmaker is fun.

Figuring out the right lineups and when to play them might be tough, but overall I think it’s definitely something I do…though I’d hold out for 2 1sts.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Split T wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:04 am
I think the one area for pause is his lack of spacing. He’s not a great fit with CP3/Ayton…But man would he be an elite release valve for Booker. I also think a Payne/Lee/Derozan/CamJ/Jock bench unit would kill…Spacing around an elite midrange scorer who is also a high level playmaker is fun.

Figuring out the right lineups and when to play them might be tough, but overall I think it’s definitely something I do…though I’d hold out for 2 1sts.
I think end of game line up of Book-Mikal-Derozan-CamJ-Ayton would destroy teams.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Split T wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:36 pm
pickle wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:38 pm
Can’t see how a new GM would be able to influence Jones on the no draft picks part tho. Also given that our entire front office staff is like 12 people, are they really gonna hire another guy who will likely be expensive and want to bring in his own people?
You have to assume Jones is absolutely against draft picks for that to be true and that’s not the case. He’s drafted people in the past and even traded into the draft…

What I envision is him hiring someone to handle the draft entirely. That person would be in charge of all non-nba scouting and determining our draft boards. There is still obviously communication and Jones has his input, but I get the feeling Jones just doesn’t enjoy that aspect of the job and might be more open to it if there is someone dedicated to running that part. Jones can still trade the pick if he thinks it’s the right call, but having a GM in his ear telling him about guys he’s excited about can’t hurt imo.

I’d also say that our small numbers in the front office lends itself to adding a GM with some of his own people easier.
I agree with most of what you say. I guess the way I see it, I don't even necessarily think that Jones is the one that dismisses drafts or prospects, he's more like a face put on the decision by the powers that be that decided they didn't want to invest in this part of team building. But Jones moving up to President of BBall Operations doesn't necessarily change the powers that be, so until there's an ownership change, I'd personally be a bit surprised if suddenly we somehow change the way we approach scouting/drafting/player development.

I'd love to be wrong, btw.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Split T wrote:

I'd also rather do 2 firsts, and preferably one of them being a first that we get from moving Crowder to a third team, say the Heat.

I like DeRozan, but to give up 3/4 of the assets it would take to get Durant for him, I guess I'd rather just wait for KD... I do understand that KD situation is more complicated and we might need to send out Ayton or other important rotation pieces, but ultimately I just don't think it should take more than 2 firsts to get DeRozan.

Vladimir_Taltos

Post by Vladimir_Taltos »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:56 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:45 pm
Nice!
Meh...Giannis still kicked his backside overall. I was more impressed, prior to last night, of the multiple games where he was drawing fouls...9, 7...now only 2, and the only player drawing contact is Devin. We had hope in those 2 games, he needs that kind of productivity if we want a chance ultimately. If he had put up 7-8 fouls last night, Devon's burden would have been more reasonable...

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Lol 🙃😃

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Wally_West wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:41 pm
Split T wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:18 am
The Bobster wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:52 am
You'd be sacrificing a lot of rebounding and defense with that lineup.

A LOT.
Rebounding and defense from who? We wouldn’t be trading anyone form our rotation to get him. He’d take the Cam Johnson spot in the starting lineup…not exactly someone providing a ton of rebounding or defense. You could even have him come off the bench if he’s willing and run the 2nd unit. Or start him and bring CP3 off the bench
Exactly

Trading Shamet, Jae, Dario and picks for Rozen is such a no fucking brainer. Shamet should be a vet minimum player, Dario is not even playing and Jae been MIA all year so 3 1st isnt even that big of the deal considering the rest of the package, Rozen is a damn all-star/all-nba player who’s averaging 26pts. 3 1st is a easy price to pay here. You’d literally be inserting a 26 point scorer to the current team.
Boom shakalaka you idiots just make the damn trade

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Wally_West wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:14 am
Split T wrote:

I think end of game line up of Book-Mikal-Derozan-CamJ-Ayton would destroy teams.
My biggest fear and only fear is that it would destroy our own team chemistry once Paul throws a hissy fit about not being out there 35 mpg or coming off the bench being the competitor he is, and fracturing the locker room. I also can’t see Monty doing anything against CP3

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I like DeRozan but I don't think I would give up three 1sts for him. Maybe two. With DeRozan I would worry about 3-point shooting and defense. He is making 32% of his 3s this year which isn't horrible, but I wish it were more a part of his game. I think that'd help him age better; he's already 33.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... zde01.html

Split T

Post by Split T »

specialsauce wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:04 am
Wally_West wrote:
Split T wrote:

My biggest fear and only fear is that it would destroy our own team chemistry once Paul throws a hissy fit about not being out there 35 mpg or coming off the bench being the competitor he is, and fracturing the locker room. I also can’t see Monty doing anything against CP3
Ya you have to bench somebody as we’d now have 6 guys who want to be closing. Booker is obviously out there and I’d say Bridges too. CamJ would be the most logical choice, but he’s also our best shooter and he kinda needs to be out there. You could bench Ayton if you want to go small, but that leaves the defense pretty vulnerable and Derozan is not a small ball 5…so that makes CamJ the 5 and he’s also not that.

That brings us to CP3 who if he’s gonna play like he has so far this year is the easy choice. Derozan can be the 2nd playmaker/shot maker…just not sure how you bench CP3.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:00 am
specialsauce wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:04 am
Wally_West wrote:
Split T wrote:

Ya you have to bench somebody as we’d now have 6 guys who want to be closing. Booker is obviously out there and I’d say Bridges too. CamJ would be the most logical choice, but he’s also our best shooter and he kinda needs to be out there. You could bench Ayton if you want to go small, but that leaves the defense pretty vulnerable and Derozan is not a small ball 5…so that makes CamJ the 5 and he’s also not that.

That brings us to CP3 who if he’s gonna play like he has so far this year is the easy choice. Derozan can be the 2nd playmaker/shot maker…just not sure how you bench CP3.
Easy, just tell him to sit his ass down.
I just don’t think Monty has the guts

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:12 am
I like DeRozan but I don't think I would give up three 1sts for him. Maybe two. With DeRozan I would worry about 3-point shooting and defense. He is making 32% of his 3s this year which isn't horrible, but I wish it were more a part of his game. I think that'd help him age better; he's already 33.

I bet you were so difficult to trade POGS with back in the day. You were that kid

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

specialsauce wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:49 am
Mori Chu wrote:

I bet you were so difficult to trade POGS with back in the day. You were that kid
Trade? You put your pogs down, my slammer flipped that shit and it was mine. No questions asked.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

MightyMoog

Post by MightyMoog »

Why in the world would you give up 2 firsts let alone 3 for Derozan when you can have Eric Gordon for 1.

You guys forget what Derozan was like on the west coast.
Pretty much anyone can be an all star on the East. Brandon Knight almost did it once ;).

As for all-nba. He ain’t doing that again neither is Randle. Flash in the pan.

We need a solid 4,5,6 guy, not someone who’s used to being a 1 or 2. It’s not that easy to maintain the same level with a significant drop in usage.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:06 am
specialsauce wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:

Trade? You put your pogs down, my slammer flipped that shit and it was mine. No questions asked.
:lol:

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

specialsauce wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:

I once traded a kid's soul for a set of Alf pogs.