Game Day: Lakers (5-10) @ Suns (10-6), Tues 11/22/22

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
specialsauce

Re: Game Day: Lakers (5-10) @ Suns (10-6), Tues 11/22/22

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:28 am
Drewsprocket wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:19 am
Should there be a limit to how many tweets we share in one response? Not trying to stir anything, just seems like scrolling through Twitter isn’t necessary here.
It does make the site crash for me often when there are a ton of tweets trying to load…not sure if that’s the case for other people
I like it. I look forward to it after each game, especially the quotes. It’s very much appreciated. Sounds like you guys should just get better internet (end of asshole comment, couldn’t help myself would do it again 10/10)

MightyMoog

Post by MightyMoog »

Probably the thing I look forward to most on this site. I'm an old geezer that doesn't have twitter or any interest in joining. It's great to see a compiled list all in one place.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

I don’t have a problem with it, but maybe a separate Twitter thread for each game? That way if you want to read them you can go specifically to that thread.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:11 am
specialsauce wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:03 am
ShelC wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:35 am

What I love most about this recent stretch, even with the close Ls, is seeing the end of bench guys really step up and prove they can contribute. Monty's given guys like DWJ, Ish, Okogie their shots and they've responded. And even with some mistakes or sloppy play, he's stuck with them instead of having a short leash and going right back to his main guys; most coaches panic or lose confidence quickly but Monty's sticking with it and it's paying off. This is the kind of development we've wanted during the regular season.
Man it was so satisfying to watch them kick their asses even with the refs so obviously keeping it close. Lakers fucking suck and are stuck for a while, it’s beautiful.

Let’s be real on your last point though- end of bench development is NOT what we’ve wanted. #2, #3, #4 guy development is what we’ve wanted. It is nice that the end of our bench is much more useful than Drifty Alfred Payton, but we need to see more consistent offensive independence from guys 2-8.
2-4 is hard because 2 of them are out hurt right now. Bridges has been 18/6/5 on 51/47/92 since CP3 went out, so he’s clearly doing what we need. Ayton is really the guy we need to step up that isn’t. Hard to expect more than we are getting from Lee/Craig.
Mikal is averaging exactly what I expect out of him. I guess I am still looking for situational independence. I’d like to see him more involved in crunch time. I hate when they abandon their offense in the end of games and go Booker Iso over and over.

Split T

Post by Split T »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:36 am
Split T wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:28 am
Drewsprocket wrote:
Should there be a limit to how many tweets we share in one response? Not trying to stir anything, just seems like scrolling through Twitter isn’t necessary here.
It does make the site crash for me often when there are a ton of tweets trying to load…not sure if that’s the case for other people
I like it. I look forward to it after each game, especially the quotes. It’s very much appreciated. Sounds like you guys should just get better internet (end of asshole comment, couldn’t help myself would do it again 10/10)
Haha, I enjoy them too which is why I haven’t said anything…just deal with it. And it only does it on my phone

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

So much for the conspiracy theory that DA is just waiting for January 15th when he knows he's out of here... :roll:
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:59 am
Shabazz wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:15 am
I've been critical of Ayton and absolutely think he needs to force the issue more on offense, and play with more force in general. BUT, Cam Payne is not a player who he'll ever thrive next to. Payne is looking to score first, isn't a great PnR or post-entry passer, and, most importantly, doesn't have that PG brain that says "this guy hasn't touched the ball for a while, let me get him a few looks to keep him engaged." Ayton looks much better with Book initiating.
I hope Chris Paul received a gift from Ayton after signing his max contract.
Because his numbers went down after Chris Paul got here?
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:23 am
Good minutes from our 2-way guys tonight. Duane Washington quietly saved us in the 4th and if Ish can play like this on a semi regular basis, I think we’ll have seen the last of Dario in the rotation.
Yes. Reggie asked who was going to provide offense with this group and Washington Jr. answered.
"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Drewsprocket wrote:
I hear ya, I'll cut down on most of the highlights and maybe just do some postgame stuff that's relevant.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:03 am
ShelC wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:35 am

What I love most about this recent stretch, even with the close Ls, is seeing the end of bench guys really step up and prove they can contribute. Monty's given guys like DWJ, Ish, Okogie their shots and they've responded. And even with some mistakes or sloppy play, he's stuck with them instead of having a short leash and going right back to his main guys; most coaches panic or lose confidence quickly but Monty's sticking with it and it's paying off. This is the kind of development we've wanted during the regular season.
Man it was so satisfying to watch them kick their asses even with the refs so obviously keeping it close. Lakers fucking suck and are stuck for a while, it’s beautiful.

Let’s be real on your last point though- end of bench development is NOT what we’ve wanted. #2, #3, #4 guy development is what we’ve wanted. It is nice that the end of our bench is much more useful than Drifty Alfred Payton, but we need to see more consistent offensive independence from guys 2-8.
I think both have become important. We obviously need 2nd and 3rd scoring punches next to Book, but we also need to be able to develop and trust bench guys for when there are injuries (CP and CamJ) or we need to keep some minutes in check (Book and Mikal). And if we're not drafting and developing guys, getting younger vets like Okogie and DWJ some regular season run basically becomes their development for later on in the year. When Monty was forced to sit Payne and CP wasn't right in the playoffs, guys like Elf and Aaron Holiday couldn't contribute.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Split T wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:52 am
Wally_West wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:06 am
Shabazz wrote:
Good minutes from our 2-way guys tonight. Duane Washington quietly saved us in the 4th and if Ish can play like this on a semi regular basis, I think we’ll have seen the last of Dario in the rotation.
Yep, both DWJ and Ish have shown more potential as rotation pieces than both Shamet and Dario have this season.

Shamet, Dario and Jae are just 30 million of dead money at this point. Really hope we can capitalize on the right deal for these guy because the west looks crazy open right now.
I think that package being moved for an undesirable contract(though still a good player) might be our best bet to improve this years team. I’m thinking Tobias Harris or Gordon Hayward.
I’ve been on the Gordon Hayward train for a minute, while I get the injury concern, the risk/reward is worth it. He’s be a flawless fit and pretty much check all the major weaknesses we’ve been crying about since last year- ball handling/playmaking/shot creation. People can argue that’s a lot pieces to give up for 1 injury prone player but it’s not like those 3 are really playing anyways lol, only Shamet is a rotation player and DWJ has been outplaying him. Next year he’ll be expiring contract too, I’m all in on the Gordon Hayward option.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Okogie is just so bad offensively. I had hope that he could have a Gary Payton II-like impact, but he can't dribble pass or shoot at an NBA level. And he plays like he doesn't know it.

I think there's still a function for him. He's someone you can throw out against the Warriors or Grizzlies to just bother Steph and Ja for 5 minute stretches and tire them out, but we play 4-on-5 when he's out there, so he should never play in the same lineup with guys like Biz.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:39 am
This 2mins here bout to cause some serious discussion
Don't even think the Hate for that short runt going to let ppl on here overlook some of DA's statements 😳🤐😳🤐
Not a big deal. Now we know what Ayton's definition of playing hard is.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Wally_West wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:28 pm
Split T wrote:
Wally_West wrote:
Shabazz wrote:
Yep, both DWJ and Ish have shown more potential as rotation pieces than both Shamet and Dario have this season.

Shamet, Dario and Jae are just 30 million of dead money at this point. Really hope we can capitalize on the right deal for these guy because the west looks crazy open right now.
I think that package being moved for an undesirable contract(though still a good player) might be our best bet to improve this years team. I’m thinking Tobias Harris or Gordon Hayward.
I’ve been on the Gordon Hayward train for a minute, while I get the injury concern, the risk/reward is worth it. He’s be a flawless fit and pretty much check all the major weaknesses we’ve been crying about since last year- ball handling/playmaking/shot creation. People can argue that’s a lot pieces to give up for 1 injury prone player but it’s not like those 3 are really playing anyways lol, only Shamet is a rotation player and DWJ has been outplaying him. Next year he’ll be expiring contract too, I’m all in on the Gordon Hayward option.
Ya me too…I wouldn’t think twice about it. I think Charlotte could probably get Miami or Milwaukee or Atlanta involved and move Crowder there for an asset if they want as well. They have one of the Martin brothers, maybe they’d want the Miami Heat brother too?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Drewsprocket wrote:
No. Not all of us are Twitter heads.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:55 am
Drewsprocket wrote:
I hear ya, I'll cut down on most of the highlights and maybe just do some postgame stuff that's relevant.
Boo!
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wally_West wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:28 pm
Split T wrote:
Wally_West wrote:
Shabazz wrote:

It would be nice if he turned out like Grant Hill did for us back in the day.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:33 pm
Okogie is just so bad offensively. I had hope that he could have a Gary Payton II-like impact, but he can't dribble pass or shoot at an NBA level. And he plays like he doesn't know it.

I think there's still a function for him. He's someone you can throw out against the Warriors or Grizzlies to just bother Steph and Ja for 5 minute stretches and tire them out, but we play 4-on-5 when he's out there, so he should never play in the same lineup with guys like Biz.
I don't know about that. I see him turning down many shots which ends up in awkward sequences. His defense can be amazing though.
"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

Tobias or Gordon would be great. Not sure JJ will give up what’s required but if he does then the team is deep enough to make sure they are healthy for the playoffs.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:51 pm
Drewsprocket wrote:
No. Not all of us are Twitter heads.
I’m kind of with Drew here. At least refrain from posting the same info just from a different source. Doing that we prob cut the number of posted tweets in half.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!