Suns News: Week 7 (11/28 - 12/4)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Suns News: Week 7 (11/28 - 12/4)

Post by Superbone »

Thanks, Split. Book is a great guy. So glad we have him on our team. I was surprised I was able to read it. And as much as saucy refuses to believe it:
June 8: As we reported here, the Suns had been dealing with a substantial COVID-19 outbreak during the Mavericks series that included one player (and six individuals total).

I mean, you guys have talked about how bad the finals loss hurt. And then last year was its own thing. We wrote all about it, and I know you don’t want to use excuses, but the COVID thing was real (in the Dallas series).

For sure. And there’s one winner at the end of the day too. And that was Golden State last year.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:14 am
It's behind a pay wall, so it's a bit hard to read, haha.

It's interesting that the national guys were super quick to write off the Suns right away. I am curious what they are saying now, and if that will still change again as something happens that is a slight bump in the road.
Weird, I don’t have The Athletic anymore and it let me read it

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:14 am
In2ition wrote:

It's interesting that the national guys were super quick to write off the Suns right away. I am curious what they are saying now, and if that will still change again as something happens that is a slight bump in the road.
I kept getting the problem, then I thought if I'm really quick, I might be able to bypass it. So I refreshed the page, hit Ctrl A quickly, and then Ctrl C and pasted it into Notepad and was able to read it. It's a little bit of a cheap cheat, but it worked.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

TOO

Post by TOO »

It's so interesting how Booker comes across as a pretty likeable dude who plays a pretty clean albeit kinda boring game and every non Suns fan just hates his guts.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:21 pm
Split T wrote:
In2ition wrote:

I kept getting the problem, then I thought if I'm really quick, I might be able to bypass it. So I refreshed the page, hit Ctrl A quickly, and then Ctrl C and pasted it into Notepad and was able to read it. It's a little bit of a cheap cheat, but it worked.
Here's a little trick I learned and is what enabled me to read it. In Chrome, I added theathletic.com as "Not allowed to use Javascript" under Privacy and Security settings.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I had Laker fans saying he's a hypocrite for telling Beverly to push someone in the chest, saying that he pushed Schroeder in the back while he was in the air in the playoffs game 3 vs. the Lakers. That was 2 seasons ago.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:46 am
Thanks, Split. Book is a great guy. So glad we have him on our team. I was surprised I was able to read it. And as much as saucy refuses to believe it:
June 8: As we reported here, the Suns had been dealing with a substantial COVID-19 outbreak during the Mavericks series that included one player (and six individuals total).

I mean, you guys have talked about how bad the finals loss hurt. And then last year was its own thing. We wrote all about it, and I know you don’t want to use excuses, but the COVID thing was real (in the Dallas series).

For sure. And there’s one winner at the end of the day too. And that was Golden State last year.
ONE PLAYER.

You guys took ONE player to mean all of them. Bunch of Kari Lakes here

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:32 pm
Superbone wrote:

ONE PLAYER.

I want a recount! What if that one player is Book?
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

specialsauce wrote:
Superbone wrote:

ONE PLAYER.

It looked like probably ONE player didn't have it, the way they played that game. Everything looked slow and off and it wasn't the same team we watched the entire year.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

More information about Jones' new role:

https://arizonasports.com/story/3406077 ... ownership/
For Jones, he said this type of move allows him to focus on the bigger picture of the franchise, serving as more of a “steward” for the smaller stuff.

“Whenever you have the responsibilities I have as a general manager which means generally manage the day to day — you’re drawn into the whirlwind,” he said Tuesday. “Every aspect of the day. From what guys are eating to what packages are being delivered at the front door. This just forces me to step away from some of those things and delegate some of those responsibilities and to give my team an opportunity to grow.”

Jones was involved in the past with focusing on the Phoenix Mercury, the team’s WNBA franchise, but now he will do so even more in a more formal role.

He described the entire change as “freedom mentally” and it sounds like the loads on his plate changing will be for his betterment.

It is a, uh, promotion I guess we’ll call it, that Jones has more than earned. The 2020-21 Executive of the Year has not only turned the Suns into a contender but has completely transformed the organization by giving it an identity and culture that previously didn’t even exist.

Jones said he is not focused on hiring a general manager right now and doesn’t envision any personnel changes occurring at this time.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:21 pm
Split T wrote:
In2ition wrote:

Mine opens it immediately into a reader view on my phone and I think maybe that’s why it’s letting me. The app doesn’t let me.

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:
I had Laker fans saying he's a hypocrite for telling Beverly to push someone in the chest, saying that he pushed Schroeder in the back while he was in the air in the playoffs game 3 vs. the Lakers. That was 2 seasons ago.
The most frequent things people I’ve seen point to is the double team comment, the mascot thing, scoring 70 in a loss, and the whining and faces he makes when he’s fouled.

It really does seem incredibly minor. What it really comes down to is I think a lot of people made up their opinion on him as a chucker on a bad team and they don’t want to admit that they were wrong. That and the jazz fans I know got really into the Mitchell vs Booker debate and had to tear Booker down to make them feel better about Mitchell.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Sounds like a lot of sour grapes all around. Sucks for them.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:55 pm
In2ition wrote:
The most frequent things people I’ve seen point to is the double team comment, the mascot thing, scoring 70 in a loss, and the whining and faces he makes when he’s fouled.

It really does seem incredibly minor. What it really comes down to is I think a lot of people made up their opinion on him as a chucker on a bad team and they don’t want to admit that they were wrong. That and the jazz fans I know got really into the Mitchell vs Booker debate and had to tear Booker down to make them feel better about Mitchell.
Well, now Cavs fans are all in on MItchell in this debate now, haha. Jazz fans still don't want to say they were wrong, but you won't get them to defend him like the Citadel anymore.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I feel like most jazz fans turned on Mitchell and blamed him for the team falling apart…it’s even hard for some of them to admit that Mitchell is the better player in the Mitchell/Rudy debate.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:33 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Superbone wrote:

ONE PLAYER.

I want a recount! What if that one player is Book?
Then what was CP3s excuse for sucking ass

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

specialsauce wrote:
Superbone wrote:

ONE PLAYER.

Watch it Saucy. No politics here remember.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I still think more than one player had COVID. They just can't admit it fully because they would get in huge trouble for violating league COVID policy and could even get sued if somebody in the crowd felt endangered by it or whatever.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:33 pm
I still think more than one player had COVID. They just can't admit it fully because they would get in huge trouble for violating league COVID policy and could even get sued if somebody in the crowd felt endangered by it or whatever.
This.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:33 pm
How is one player playing with covid different than multiple?

It’s the same risk either way.