Around the League: Week 7 (11/28 - 12/4)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
bajanguy008

Re: Around the League: Week 7 (11/28 - 12/4)

Post by bajanguy008 »

Shout out to Magic coach and his Big lineups
Wasn't sure if it was just an early season experiment but this is like a month now with Bol Bol getting 30mpg and he's avging 15/9/2blks

Everyone was so intrigued by him at the Draft and whatever happen with Nuggets I guess most felt he is just a bust. Kid clearly is comfortable and confident now. These highlights had me laughing at some of the things he is doing, looks a little awkward at times but you can tell by his teammates reaction. They're not surprised when the move comes off so good for everyone involved

Know me, I like to see young players showing their potential man ✌🏾💪🏾

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Split T

Post by Split T »

TOO wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:33 am
Stings worse than Ayton over Donkitch.
Yep…we could’ve had Haliburton/Booker/Bridges for the next decade. Add Ayton in there too if you believe in him. Was exactly what we needed in the moment(backcourt help) and was the perfect post-cp3 guard to pair with Booker.

We’d be so set right now and I’d guess we wouldn’t be too concerned about whether or not Ayton would step up. We could be just fine with the current version of Ayton if we had Hali on the team.

I think it’s easily a top 2 suns what if for me. Only other one is what if we paid JJ. And I think I’d lean Hali for 1.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Between drafting Ayton over Luka and drafting (then discarding) Jalen Smith over Halliburton, we have a lot of draft mistakes that will haunt this franchise for a generation. And the right choices were right there in front of us and most of this whole site knew what the team should have done at the time.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

In the past 5 years or so, I have finally overcome, to a great degree, oodles of childhood trauma.

Now I just have to address the ongoing trauma of being a Phoenix Suns fan. And if my prior experiences have taught me anything, recovery is simply going to take as long as it's going to take.

My name is Charlie, and I'm a Phoenix Suns fan.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:56 pm
In the past 5 years or so, I have finally overcome, to a great degree, oodles of childhood trauma.

Now I just have to address the ongoing trauma of being a Phoenix Suns fan. And if my prior experiences have taught me anything, recovery is simply going to take as long as it's going to take.

Welcome, Charlie! We're glad you're here.
"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Split T wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:23 am
Shabazz wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:21 pm
Split T wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:12 pm

Crazy! Only a quarter into the season
[CENSORED]

Is he already a better CP3 than CP3?
I wonder if perhaps he could have even been our 1994 Sam Cassell in 2021 (rookie backup PG who had a big impact on his team winning the Finals for the first time in franchise history).
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:56 pm

I can’t stress enough how much this post resonates with me.

carey

Post by carey »

The Warriors have won 5 of 7 and are at .500. Was hoping they'd take a little longer to figure things out. They lost last night to the Mavs but it took a monster game from Luka. Looks like Kerr is going small a lot more now. Looney getting a quick hook with Kuminga & Anthony Lamb (on a 2-way) getting good minutes.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Split T

Post by Split T »

Can someone smarter than me explain what this could mean for the Suns pending sale?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Presumably it means that teams will be bought by more sketchy groups, like Russian oligarchs, Chinese sweatshop tyrants, and Middle Eastern oil cartels or something of that nature.

MightyMoog

Post by MightyMoog »

Split T wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:05 am
TOO wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:33 am
Stings worse than Ayton over Donkitch.
Yep…we could’ve had Haliburton/Booker/Bridges for the next decade. Add Ayton in there too if you believe in him. Was exactly what we needed in the moment(backcourt help) and was the perfect post-cp3 guard to pair with Booker.

We’d be so set right now and I’d guess we wouldn’t be too concerned about whether or not Ayton would step up. We could be just fine with the current version of Ayton if we had Hali on the team.

I think it’s easily a top 2 suns what if for me. Only other one is what if we paid JJ. And I think I’d lean Hali for 1.
Let's not forget Bender over Jamal Murray
Josh Jackson over Deaaron Fox

Or just keep freakin Bogdanovic

Split T

Post by Split T »

I would think Tatum is the early front runner for MVP…though it’s Curry’s award if he keeps up this production and GS moves into the top 6

Split T

Post by Split T »

It’s early, but right now the all-star races look packed…the way I have it:

West Starters(I’m taking into consideration voters)
G: Luka and Curry
F: LeBron and AD
C: Jokic

West Reserves:
G: Booker and Ja
F: Lauri, Zion, Sabonis
WC: SGA and Bane

Snubs: Fox, Ingram, Wiggins, Lillard, Grant, PG13

East Starters:
G: Trae and Mitchell
F: KD and Giannis
C: Embiid

East Reserves:
G: Haliburton and Brown
F: Tatum, Siakam, Butler
WC: KP, Derozan

Snubs: Garland, Dejounte, Kyrie, Turner, Beal, Harden, Maxey

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:09 am
Presumably it means that teams will be bought by more sketchy groups, like Russian oligarchs, Chinese sweatshop tyrants, and Middle Eastern oil cartels or something of that nature.
This is my worst fear and I honestly might watch less NBA if it goes down this path. Sports washing is a serious issue.

I want to believe they'll never approve of ownership groups like we've seen with European football clubs, but I also didn't think they'd actually open the door to make it possible.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

In some following tweets, they said no PE could own more than 20% and no combo could own more than 30%. So it sounds like the NBA is ok taking some shady money, but only up to a point to avoid majority/control issues.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

ShelC wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:39 pm
In some following tweets, they said no PE could own more than 20% and no combo could own more than 30%. So it sounds like the NBA is ok taking some shady money, but only up to a point to avoid majority/control issues.
Seems like an arbitrary line to draw. Kind of cowardly of the NBA to take a half-step like this. If you want their money, just let them buy teams. Don't let them buy 20% of a team and then act like you're better for it.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:16 pm
ShelC wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:39 pm
Seems like an arbitrary line to draw. Kind of cowardly of the NBA to take a half-step like this. If you want their money, just let them buy teams. Don't let them buy 20% of a team and then act like you're better for it.
It follows the behavior we've seen from the NBA on many social issues. They're always trying to thread the needle between maximum revenue and "wokeness". (I hate that term due to it's perceived negative connotation, but I can't think of a better way to put it right now.)
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

It looks like those percentages are very similar to what other professional leagues, like the MLB, allows. NFL doesn’t allow it.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Split T

Post by Split T »

I really have no clue what Dallas is trying to do. It’s almost like they are purposefully building a team that has to rely solely on Luka. Like he wants to prove he can carry a team completely by himself. I think last year was a best case scenario for him and Dallas if that’s the case