SUNS 2014: Free Agency

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
ShelC

Re: SUNS 2014: Free Agency

Post by ShelC »

No but that seems to be the consensus of what he'll get offered.

carey

Post by carey »

SwingMan wrote: Bummer, my ass (no pun intended) - I want nothing to do with the fucking cancer.....
Well, unlike you I don't overlook the importance of being considered by top tier free agents. It legitimizes your front office. Just like if James were to take a meeting with the Suns, it's a big get for them even if he doesn't sign.

As for the player, I'm not his biggest fan but I sure wouldn't pout if he became a Sun that's for sure. Especially considering iso buckets during crunch time was our biggest weakness and that's Anthony's biggest strength.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/483994847750025217

No mention of Suns for Monroe yet.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Was Anthony a cancer when he took the Nuggets to the WCF or when he won two Olympic gold medals, or when he won a NCAA championship at Syracuse?

I'm not a huge fan of his ball stopping, but I don't think that's entirely his fault. I think on different teams, he has shown that he's not a ball stopper and just gets buckets.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

carey wrote:
SwingMan wrote: Bummer, my ass (no pun intended) - I want nothing to do with the fucking cancer.....
Well, unlike you I don't overlook the importance of being considered by top tier free agents. It legitimizes your front office. Just like if James were to take a meeting with the Suns, it's a big get for them even if he doesn't sign.

As for the player, I'm not his biggest fan but I sure wouldn't pout if he became a Sun that's for sure. Especially considering iso buckets during crunch time was our biggest weakness and that's Anthony's biggest strength.
Dude - hate to break it to you late & all, but he isn't even considering us. :lol: Otherwise, what you're saying goes, well, without saying. And, unlike you, I'm looking for the *right* free agents to consider us as opposed to depending on an oogle-like worship over names.

And, uh, little hint: ISO buckets are about his only real strength - so much that he regularly freezes the rest of the damn team. Crunch time sure as hell isn't the only time he does it.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

In2ition wrote:Was Anthony a cancer when he took the Nuggets to the WCF or when he won two Olympic gold medals, or when he won a NCAA championship at Syracuse?

I'm not a huge fan of his ball stopping, but I don't think that's entirely his fault. I think on different teams, he has shown that he's not a ball stopper and just gets buckets.
Yeah - so much so that Denver shipped his ass not long after. :lol:

Only time he wasn't a ball-stopper was on the USA teams - NOBODY could be a ball-stopper there or he'd likely get the shit kicked out of him by egos that are on the same level.....

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

SwingMan wrote:
In2ition wrote:Was Anthony a cancer when he took the Nuggets to the WCF or when he won two Olympic gold medals, or when he won a NCAA championship at Syracuse?

Only time he wasn't a ball-stopper was on the USA teams - NOBODY could be a ball-stopper there or he'd likely get the shit kicked out of him by egos that are on the same level.....
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they shipped him out because he said he was going to leave in free agency.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

In2ition wrote:
SwingMan wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they shipped him out because he said he was going to leave in free agency.
I can't recall - it was 2010, so it's possible.

Would've loved to find out how that lockerroom was with Anthony & Iverson, though. :lol:

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Possible? It's absolutely the case. Denver traded Melo as willingly as the Cavs made the sign and trade that sent LeBron to Miami.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

ShelC wrote:No but that seems to be the consensus of what he'll get offered.
I don't know if it is the consensus, but last summer there were rumors that Utah was offering 4/40+ and he rejected it, pretty much like Bledsoe and the Suns. Given his RFA status, I think you are looking at 12M per at least, and I am not sure the Jazz let him go for that amount. They have never been a FA destination and their cap situation is as good as it gets.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I really don't see the big deal about LeBron's agent screening the meetings with his suitors. He'd probably get criticized for making teams do the whole 5 star pitch thing, too.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Shabazz wrote:I really don't see the big deal about LeBron's agent screening the meetings with his suitors. He'd probably get criticized for making teams do the whole 5 star pitch thing, too.
Agreed.

Didn't Chris Bosh take off for vacation before the start of free-agency? I'm sure everything for him is going through his agent too. In fact, I bet that you have to go through the agent prior to any free agent.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I'd much rather pay CJ Miles $3M a year than Trevor Ariza $8M.

TOO

Post by TOO »

I'd rather PJ @4 than Miles @3 :D

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Woj reporting we're pushing to re-sign Frye but Cleveland and GS are in the mix as well.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

ShelC wrote:Woj reporting we're pushing to re-sign Frye but Cleveland and GS are in the mix as well.
[Frasier Crane]Oh dear God, NO![/Frasier Crane]

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Also read that Hawes is demanding around 8M per from the Cavs. Maybe that's why they are looking at Frye, who supposedly he can't command that.

TOO

Post by TOO »

BARF.

Xylus

Post by Xylus »

SwingMan wrote:Leave the SOB in his vacuum-sealed bubble - there's plenty who live in the real world that'd dig playing here as opposed to having people jerk-off their ego.

I'm for standing pat & taking care of our own.....
So you'd rather lose than have the best player in the world play for your team?

What is it about 45 years of not winning a championship that makes some Suns fans want more of that same abuse?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Ring_Wanted wrote:Also read that Hawes is demanding around 8M per from the Cavs. Maybe that's why they are looking at Frye, who supposedly he can't command that.
Elhassan broke down what each free agent should be commanding. Here is Frye's:
14. Channing Frye | PF/C | UFA
2013-14 Team: Phoenix Suns
2013-14 Salary: $6.4 million
Suggested AAV: $8.0 million/year, four years, partial guarantees on last two years
Frye's production took a nosedive after the All-Star break (40 versus 31.5 3P%), as he appeared to hit a wall. It's important to remember he missed last season with a heart condition, so getting used to playing heavy minutes in a full NBA season (something that hadn't been anticipated at season's start) was an adjustment. The pure shooter market was set last year with deals to Kyle Korver and Martell Webster, and when factoring in Frye's value as a post defender and defensive rebounder, a four-year, $32 million deal with partial guarantees on the last two years is fair.