SUNS 2014: Free Agency

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Uncle_Gene

Re: SUNS 2014: Free Agency

Post by Uncle_Gene »

Personally, I'd take him.

I'm not thinking about his time in Chicago, I'm more focused on his playing days in Utah.
Phoenix Suns 2023-24NBA Champions !

da_suns_fan

Post by da_suns_fan »

Uncle_Gene wrote:Personally, I'd take him.

I'm not thinking about his time in Chicago, I'm more focused on his playing days in Utah.
Still no.

Whats the point? Would rather his minutes go to Morrii.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

.....which are ancient history. ;)

No thanks - next.....

Uncle_Gene

Post by Uncle_Gene »

Suns need more than Markieff inside. They need a banger, someone to be physical inside. No more stretch 4's that shoot 3-pointers all day.

I really wanted Pau Gasol cause he's a true back-to-the-basket post player. I think he also could have been a good mentor to Alex Lin.

Uncle_Gene

Post by Uncle_Gene »

SwingMan wrote:

.....which are ancient history. ;)

No thanks - next.....
LOL !

He can play the pick-n-roll game, score with his back to the basket, and rebound. That's what I meant, Swing.

Hell, he got amnestied. For the right bid I think he's worth a look.

Xylus

Post by Xylus »

Uncle_Gene wrote:Don't know if it was posted earlier but Carlos Boozer was amnestied by Chicago Bulls today.

Quick question:

Would you want Carlos Boozer ?

[ Image ]

Yes, if the money's right. 2 yrs / $5 mil sounds good to me.

Last time we picked up a player off of amnesty waivers, we flipped him in his second year here for Gerald Green, Miles Plumlee, and Bogdan "Bogdan" Bogdan. The great thing about these amnestied players are that they're so low risk, potentially high reward. I wouldn't want Boozer to start, but he could teach Plumlee/Kieff a few things.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Boozer isn't terrible, but I think the Suns could do better with the money and roster spot.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

carey

Post by carey »

As I brought up in the other thread, yes I would take him. I think it will take a bid of about $6M to secure him for the year. I'd start him & keep Keef in the bench mob. Great one two punch with IT2 there.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Uncle_Gene

Post by Uncle_Gene »

Exactly, Carey. Me too.

I think $8 million would be enough to get him.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Can't believe we are willing to sign and trade Bledsoe and the names discussed are Ilyasova, Mayo and Henson.

I am not a fan of Henson. He looks like a throwback from the 60's with that body, I just don't like watching him. Anyway, he is not what we need in the paint. I get that he is a decent piece, though.

Ilyasova's season was beyond an abomination, and indeed it's been said that he is much older than his official age. Would you take Frye signed until 2017 at 8M per after making less than 1/3 of his 3s? I wouldn't either. Mayo, well, he is reaching cancer status in Milwaukee and they can't wait to get rid of him. Also 2/16 left. Just no.

Really, as the season progressed we were speculating at realgm who could be interested in Bledsoe, and the Lakers, Magic and Bucks were discussed, but if Henson-Mayo-Ily is basically what they'd put on the table, I'd just keep Bledsoe, knee and all.

And if McD can get the Freak he deserves a statue.

TOO

Post by TOO »

John Henson=/= Nerlens Noel
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Better yet, if I could Henson and Knight for Bledsoe, I'd be all over that deal. I'm not a huge Knight fan, but he'd offer a similar production to Bledsoe at a fraction of the price.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

I know. Noel has an athletic body despite his legs. Henson is Manute-esque.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

So we signed Tolliver...Len is up in the air. I'd feel better about a legit backup so we don't have to go small all the time. I feel like we're back to where we were a few years ago where we had 1 center and a bunch of forwards. Even a guy like Stiemsma, who could probably be had cheap, would be a nice addition given his size and shotblocking.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

ShelC wrote:So we signed Tolliver...Len is up in the air. I'd feel better about a legit backup so we don't have to go small all the time. I feel like we're back to where we were a few years ago where we had 1 center and a bunch of forwards. Even a guy like Stiemsma, who could probably be had cheap, would be a nice addition given his size and shotblocking.

I think they'll add 1 more big. Right now the roster is constructed...

Guards: Dragic,Bledsoe,Green,Goodwin,Ennis,Thomas
Forwards:Tucker,Warren,Morris 1, Morris 2,Toliver
Centers: Plum,Len

They have 13 commited contracts and I think everyone expects Ennis to spend the season with Bakersfield or atleat the majority of it so they have room for a few more players. This is also assuming they bring EB back.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

https://twitter.com/Gambo987/status/489435394295877634

Ugh. Randolph is awful. That would be such an uninspired move.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Shabazz wrote:

https://twitter.com/Gambo987/status/489435394295877634

Ugh. Randolph is awful. That would be such an uninspired move.
Injury? Um, it was an f'n pinky finger which will be fine by the time voluntary workouts start in September. Other than Summer League, correct me if I'm wrong, but we aren't playing games yet. If you want to bring back Shavlik, fine, but don't say it's because of the Len injury.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Gambo has been wrong alot lately. Even during the draft, his speculation was all over the place until seconds before the pick was made. When IT was signed I was listening on the radio. The first words out of his mouth were "I have no idea what the Suns are doing."

I think his source has been cut off.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Shavlik is worthless bantha fodder.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

At least he didn't get any of John amaechi's gayness on him (his words, not mine).