SUNS 2014: Free Agency

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
AmareIsGod

Re: SUNS 2014: Free Agency

Post by AmareIsGod »

Phoenix219 wrote:Lets not act like we know anyone in sports that thinks that way.

Assumptions... make an ass of us, in both directions.
Really? Are you that naive to the world 219?
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

carey

Post by carey »

I wasn't going to say it. But sports is bass ackwards man. I KNOW people think that way.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

You KNOWING that is as much as an assumption as the reverse. Obviously, people don't come out and admit that stuff, because they get trashed and called out for it. You're assuming based on stereotypes and past examples, that everyone in sports is like that now. Not saying that you're *wrong*... but it is a stereotype and assumption on your part.

Just keeping a balanced perspective...

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Don't think myself, Carey or anyone here said that we assumed everyone in sports is like that. Just that it definitely exists.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

carey

Post by carey »

Phoenix219 wrote:You KNOWING that is as much as an assumption as the reverse. Obviously, people don't come out and admit that stuff, because they get trashed and called out for it. You're assuming based on stereotypes and past examples, that everyone in sports is like that now. Not saying that you're *wrong*... but it is a stereotype and assumption on your part.

Nope. Never said everyone. In fact it's probably only a few, but they spoil the bunch.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

carey wrote:
Phoenix219 wrote:You KNOWING that is as much as an assumption as the reverse. Obviously, people don't come out and admit that stuff, because they get trashed and called out for it. You're assuming based on stereotypes and past examples, that everyone in sports is like that now. Not saying that you're *wrong*... but it is a stereotype and assumption on your part.

Nope. Never said everyone. In fact it's probably only a few, but they spoil the bunch.

Yes you did, TWICE.
carey wrote:I wasn't going to say it. But sports is bass ackwards man. I KNOW people think that way.
carey wrote:I'm glad you guys know what he meant. Because "gayness on me" sounds like he thinks it is some sort of disease and that would be reprehensible to me.

carey

Post by carey »

How the fuck does that mean everyone? You can't fucking read dude. "A few" & "people" mean everyone?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

The whole point being made is not to ASSume..... wasn't trying to get this ball rolling again. Just searching for balance. Carry on...

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

carey wrote:How the fuck does that mean everyone? You can't fucking read dude. "A few" & "people" mean everyone?
You need to unpucker, carey - and you need to quit deleting your incriminating posts & take deserved criticism like a man.

You said something the other night in this thread to the effect of "well, he (Randolph) may be the only one who says that, but he spoils the bunch" - I think that's more the jist of what AS was referring to.

Talk about painting with a brush about as narrow as a steam roller barrel. :lol:

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

carey wrote:How the fuck does that mean everyone? You can't fucking read dude. "A few" & "people" mean everyone?
It sucks when people take your words out of proportion, isn't?

As Swingman says, you can stand up for your words or run behind semantics. Tolerance runs both ways, and there wasn't hate on Randolph words, just a raw point of view on a subject that he rarely takes on openly, living on an environment where LGBTT is not openly accepted.

And for the record, I defend diversity rights. Last year I did a public lecture on the subject under petition of the LGBTT local chapter. But I also defend that we must let everyone advanced on their own pace, as long as they are willing to move. A random bad choice of words, shouldn't be reason to nail on the cross a dude taking baby steps on the matter. In fact, later on that week of public events, I skipped the parade, does that make me a hater?

I leave the subject here if you do, there's no point on keep arguing.
Last edited by Aztec Sunsfan on Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

carey

Post by carey »

I haven't deleted shit. I'll post the moderator logs. I never even blamed Randolph. You guys need comprehension lessons. The quote above is exactly as I wrote it. A few people with that type of attitude can spoil the bunch. Meaning the entire lockerroom, organization, group or what have you.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

carey wrote:I haven't deleted shit. I'll post the moderator logs. I never even blamed Randolph. You guys need comprehension lessons. The quote above is exactly as I wrote it. A few people with that type of attitude can spoil the bunch. Meaning the entire lockerroom, organization, group or what have you.
Carey, you either deleted or edited it - both you & I know it. Missing posts due to your actions doesn't = lack of reading comprehension by the rest of us - don't be a pussy & try to project your fuckup on the rest of us.

And, I suggest that folks like you and, yes, Mori and a few others ready to crucify Randolph based on hearsay by a proven fucking racebaiter (AIG), take a good, hard read at AS's piece on the true meaning of tolerance - along with the words of JCSunsfan earlier.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Swing.. I've been civil with you since Mori opened the new site. Let's try and keep things that way. I haven't called you out or attacked you on here. I appreciate you do the same.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

AmareIsGod wrote:Swing.. I've been civil with you since Mori opened the new site. Let's try and keep things that way. I haven't called you out or attacked you on here. I appreciate you do the same.
Then shape the fuck up & quit reporting hearsay as fact - otherwise, your lying ass doesn't rate any courtesy from myself or anyone.

After the shit you've pulled, you've got a LOT of fucking gall to ask me for mercy - I'd suggest you clam the fuck up while you're ahead.

carey

Post by carey »

SwingMan wrote:
carey wrote:I haven't deleted shit. I'll post the moderator logs. I never even blamed Randolph. You guys need comprehension lessons. The quote above is exactly as I wrote it. A few people with that type of attitude can spoil the bunch. Meaning the entire lockerroom, organization, group or what have you.
Carey, you either deleted or edited it - both you & I know it. Missing posts due to your actions doesn't = lack of reading comprehension by the rest of us - don't be a pussy & try to project your fuckup on the rest of us.

And, I suggest that folks like you and, yes, Mori and a few others ready to crucify Randolph based on hearsay by a proven fucking racebaiter (AIG), take a good, hard read at AS's piece on the true meaning of tolerance - along with the words of JCSunsfan earlier.

I don't know what it is you think you read, but here's the god damn logs for the last day. Everything a moderator does is logged. If I edited or deleted ANYTHING it would be on there. You even see my name on there? You're being a prick, but that's not news.

I never crucified Randolph. Again, READ WHAT I WROTE. I said a certain attitude exists in professional sports. I never said he had it. What I said was his comments SOUNDED a certain way and you guys may be assuming he meant something when he meant something else.

https://twitter.com/careystephen/status/490402029723222016

Go Suns!

Og Snus!

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

carey wrote:
SwingMan wrote:

I don't know what it is you think you read, but here's the god damn logs for the last day. Everything a moderator does is logged. If I edited or deleted ANYTHING it would be on there. You even see my name on there? You're being a prick, but that's not news.

I never crucified Randolph. Again, READ WHAT I WROTE. I said a certain attitude exists in professional sports. I never said he had it. What I said was his comments SOUNDED a certain way and you guys may be assuming he meant something when he meant something else.

https://twitter.com/careystephen/status/490402029723222016

I know what I saw and I know what's not there now - how do I know you haven't modified the log in some way? You're counting on everyone having short memories and it backfired - plain & simple. If taking you to task for something you refuse to own up to makes me a prick, so be it - at least I'm honest.

If you'd honestly made a mistake and decided to recant it, that's one thing and it's easily understandable - instead, you chose to backpedal, tried to cover your own tracks AND tried to project your shit on us.

And you call ME a prick? :lol:

carey

Post by carey »

Short memories? It didn't happen period. The log can't be modified. You think it's odd that NO ONE is coming to your defense saying they read whatever it is you think I wrote? Cause it didn't fucking happen man. I don't know what your deal is. I ALWAYS stand behind what I write and I don't get this pissed off if someone is just mad at my politics. But when someone calls me a god damn liar? Yeah I have a big fucking problem with you now man.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

carey wrote:Short memories? It didn't happen period. The log can't be modified. You think it's odd that NO ONE is coming to your defense saying they read whatever it is you think I wrote? Cause it didn't fucking happen man. I don't know what your deal is. I ALWAYS stand behind what I write and I don't get this pissed off if someone is just mad at my politics. But when someone calls me a god damn liar? Yeah I have a big fucking problem with you now man.
Oooooooooh! Am I to expect an Andy_S-type of censorship from you now? Guess I'll find out if/when my posts start disappearing, regardless of content.

You may not be a habitual liar like AIG, but yeah, you're lying about proclaiming you never said "well, he (Randolph) may be the only one who says that, but he spoils the bunch".

And, using your logic and rationale, why isn't anyone coming to YOUR defense? :lol:

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Well, it was nice posting here until now. Thanks for ruining it Swing by going crazy and attacking everyone. Feels just like the old days again. I'm too old and busy these days to come here and deal with this. Have fun without me.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

AmareIsGod wrote:Well, it was nice posting here until now. Thanks for ruining it Swing by going crazy and attacking everyone. Feels just like the old days again. I'm too old and busy these days to come here and deal with this. Have fun without me.
Good riddance.