SUNS 2014: Free Agency

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Phoenix219

Re: SUNS 2014: Free Agency

Post by Phoenix219 »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
Ok, but you know what? I fail to see where Carey categorized that way. He said he knows 'people do that'. People, as in, multiple persons, many persons, not 'every person' (in sports, of course). That's how it came to me, how I read that, and I didn't have to put any effort into it.

Maybe I am the one who can't read.

The F bomb after your post probably was not necessary, though.
" But sports is bass ackwards man. I KNOW people think that way " .... i'm sorry, but I really don't believe very many people actually believe gayness can be caught like a disease via touch. Its an amazing assumption to even start with. I was just trying to make a point, and a defense of Shavlik. It was never supposed to turn into this big of a deal.
Superbone wrote:AIG was attacked without provocation. There is no excuse for that.
There was also no need for carey to go after Aztec so hard just because they disagreed on principles. To me, its all just a wash. We're all big boys and its a free country/board as far as I'm concerned, until Mori tells me differently. Hopefully this is the last of it. I'm done, if everyone else is done.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Phoenix219 wrote:We're all big boys and its a free country/board as far as I'm concerned, until Mori tells me differently. Hopefully this is the last of it. I'm done, if everyone else is done.
I'm in. :cool:

SDC

Post by SDC »

Phoenix219 wrote:This all goes back to carey "interpreting" what Randolph said (ie, assuming and putting words in his mouth... i doubt any person with a brain thinks you can "catch" being gay via touch)
then somebody added fuel to the fire by linking the the actual quote, which drew out the gay mafia police...

carey

Post by carey »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:What I think, is that Carey saw a rope to hang on on the "deleting thing", and use it as a getaway from his previous insults and to distract the attention from his internally flawed argument, as he tried to pull the same semantics about how "people" is closer to "few", than it is to "everyone", and therefore is not a generalization. I won't qualify your reading skills R_W, but if you are willing to waste precious moments of your life reading my lenghty post at the end of page 85, maybe you will get a better grip on my position here.

And excuse me P219, I'm not as big as you, into let someone calling me TWICE retarded on my reading, therefore invalidating any point of view I could express on any matter, and then let him cry away from his own doing. I already saw Swingman apologizing at leats 3 times, but Mr Carey left the building without doing any resemblance of autocritic. And as much as I usually share his point of view, this time he crossed a line.

As Swingman said, you have to either OWN YOUR WORDS, or shut up.
I've owned everything I posted. Swing is so full of shit his eyes are brown. You, on the other hand, refuse to think you may have misinterpreted what I wrote which, strangely enough is EXACTLY what I was saying about Randolph's comments.

For the last time... "few" is exactly that and "people" means SOME people not ALL people. It's so damn basic I don't know how you can't grasp it.

Until I get a full apology from Swingman for making this whole thing up about me deleting what I wrote I will not post here again.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

DrSublime

Post by DrSublime »

btw, can we all stop bickering about this Shavlik nonsense, he said something, who cares, let it go, lets not waste our time nitpicking it and really getting out of control on this brand new board.
~~~~~

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Carey, please do not stop posting. No use letting something dumb ruin something good.

Swingy, love you dude but you are way over the line.

Mori, you have to take care of your mods. Cap and I left the original site because Sose refused to back is regarding MR when he was over the line. Mods are underappreciated.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I "locked" this thread. It has become toxic. I read through the whole thing, and it's almost funny to see it escalate, because it really is much ado about nothing. I think people are just in a bad mood for some reason, or maybe it's just old bad blood rising to the surface.

There are lots of places where we can talk Suns/NBA. What makes this one special is the great people who visit and post here, the intelligent and thoughtful posts, and the civil and respectful tone with which we all treat each other. If you're going to snipe at other posters and attack people, you're not contributing to the atmosphere I want here on this site. I think several people in this thread went against that spirit.

Let's just put this thread behind us. I made a new "free agency 2 (new)" thread where we can post. Let's not spill over any of this bullshit into that thread or other threads. We don't have to agree, and everybody has the right to speak their mind, but let's always do it with respect. Thanks.

Mori Chu

Re: SUNS 2014: Free Agency 2 (new)

Post by Mori Chu »

v9, I agree that being a mod is a thankless job. I appreciate everybody who works to moderate the site. Do you all know who your mods are? Here's a list. I think they do a great job and deserve everyone's thanks and appreciation.

The mods are:

carey
Charlie Smithy!
INFORMER
Phoenix219
Superbone

Mori Chu

Re: SUNS 2014: Free Agency 2 (new)

Post by Mori Chu »

And as for the icky thread that got out of control, the mods and I are talking it over now and will let everyone know if there's any action on it going forward.