Suns News: Week 16 (1/30 - 2/5)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
MightyMoog

Re: Suns News: Week 16 (1/30 - 2/5)

Post by MightyMoog »

My dream trade would be something like

Lakers: CP3, Jae

Nets: Westbrook, Ayton, Cam Johnson, Landry, Austin Reaves, 2 Lakers picks, 3-4 suns picks

Phoenix: Durant, Irving

Not sure if it even works, but hate the idea of trading CP3 somewhere where he’s unhappy after all he did for us.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Just keep CP3 and let LA have Kyrie

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

MightyMoog wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:51 pm

Nets: Westbrook, Ayton, Cam Johnson, Landry, Austin Reaves, 2 Lakers picks, 3-4 suns picks

Not sure if it even works, but hate the idea of trading CP3 somewhere where he’s unhappy after all he did for us.
The idea in Chris Haynes’ tweet seemed to be that Brooklyn would keep Durant the rest of the season and still try to win a championship. CP3 might not be unhappy to play with Durant.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Windy says he does not see the suns being in the Kyrie business…at least the suns he knows(unsure how Ishbia changes that). He does also say that if Brooklyn trades Kyrie they do so knowing KD is coming down the hall soon after. Maybe not by thursday(trade deadline) but certainly by the summer

From his pod

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

From Jake Fischer:
Phoenix may be the most legitimate destination for Irving, provided Durant remains off the market, because the Suns have draft capital, young talent and could even help Brooklyn pair Chris Paul, plus Jae Crowder, with Durant should Phoenix have the appetite to move their own former All-Star ballhandler.

https://sports.yahoo.com/kyrie-irving-t ... 08821.html
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I really don't want Kyrie, especially given that he's due for a max extension this summer. He's just crazy. I think James Jones has wisely avoided crazy on our roster and in our locker room. You acquire a guy like Kyrie and you just have no idea what he's going to do, what insane shit he's going to do that hurts your team and your title prospects. Given the likely price to get Kyrie I'd much rather use those assets to go after some other PG like maybe a Trae Young or even a Terry Rozier, somebody you can count on to show up and play and not go insane on you.

If Brooklyn wants to do a massive earthquake deal where we acquire both Kyrie and KD from them in exchange for CP3, Ayton, CamJ, and a million picks, I'd consider that. But only because we would get KD in the package, and likely we'd have enough talent and veteran leadership to make a run. But Kyrie alone, no thanks. And again, I'd much rather just trade for KD and no Kyrie. Let the Lakers have him for their Westbrook + 1sts package.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

JeremyG wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:17 pm
From Jake Fischer:
Phoenix may be the most legitimate destination for Irving, provided Durant remains off the market, because the Suns have draft capital, young talent and could even help Brooklyn pair Chris Paul, plus Jae Crowder, with Durant should Phoenix have the appetite to move their own former All-Star ballhandler.

https://sports.yahoo.com/kyrie-irving-t ... 08821.html
Sure, but none of that has anything to do with our intent.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

It's hard to look past the beautiful girl that's bat-shit crazy.
"Be Legendary."

Vladimir_Taltos

Post by Vladimir_Taltos »

MightyMoog wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:51 pm

HARD pass on Kyrie...

Split T

Post by Split T »

I kinda want Kyrie for this year, but I’d be very reluctant to sign him long term

Wormwood

Post by Wormwood »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:24 pm
True. True.

Plus, not to be political, but Ishiba's Jewish, and Kyrie's comments earlier this year, and his refusal to walk it back...

Oof. I don't see it happening.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Last 14 games for Mikal:

22/4/5 with 1.3 stl, .6 blk and 1.6 TO

He’s shooting 49/38/92 which is a .591 TS%

carey

Post by carey »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:24 pm
Can we please stay away from that fucking lunatic. I’ve had a hard enough time adjusting to cheering on Paul. I have no energy to do it again for Kyrie for about a million reasons.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

The war waging on in my head. You think Jae was hard to deal with? Meet Kyrie Irving. The second you trade for him expects $200 million this summer. And once you’ve paid him, then you have to figure pray you get a guy who wants to play and win—my bet is you’re getting The Nets and Boston version of Kyrie. You’re not getting Cavs’ Kyrie. If I’m JJ, I look to see if KD or Siakam are available, if not drum up the best deal I can for Jae.

Split T

Post by Split T »

To me it’s all about what it would take. If it’s contracts and a 1st? Sure. I really don’t want to sign him long term though.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:50 am
The war waging on in my head. You think Jae was hard to deal with? Meet Kyrie Irving. The second you trade for him expects $200 million this summer. And once you’ve paid him, then you have to figure pray you get a guy who wants to play and win—my bet is you’re getting The Nets and Boston version of Kyrie. You’re not getting Cavs’ Kyrie. If I’m JJ, I look to see if KD or Siakam are available, if not drum up the best deal I can for Jae.
I don't think anyone here disagree's with not wanting to deal with any of Kyrie's drama... Hell of a baller, POS human outside of that. However, him entering the market could give us some leverage in other deals since he's the biggest player entering the deadline.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Split T wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:03 am
To me it’s all about what it would take. If it’s contracts and a 1st? Sure. I really don’t want to sign him long term though.
Help me understand why giving up a first round pick is worth renting him for 5 months? Not trying to be rude, I'm just trying to figure this out.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Split T wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:56 am
Last 14 games for Mikal:

22/4/5 with 1.3 stl, .6 blk and 1.6 TO

He’s shooting 49/38/92 which is a .591 TS%
He has taken a nice step. The best part of this run is that he isn't just taking his usual shots. He's taking and making some of the shots off the dribble that normally only that Book takes.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Split T

Post by Split T »

Kryptonic wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:16 am
Split T wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:03 am
Help me understand why giving up a first round pick is worth renting him for 5 months? Not trying to be rude, I'm just trying to figure this out.
Because he gives us a shot to win the title. I’ll trade a pick in the 20’s for that. It would also give us his bird rights and allow us to sign and trade him for assets in the summer if we don’t want to keep him around.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Kryptonic wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:14 am
Drewsprocket wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:50 am
I don't think anyone here disagree's with not wanting to deal with any of Kyrie's drama... Hell of a baller, POS human outside of that. However, him entering the market could give us some leverage in other deals since he's the biggest player entering the deadline.
We have a saying in my field around risk. Past behavior predicts future behavior.