KEVIN DURANT TRADED TO SUNS

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: KEVIN DURANT TRADED TO SUNS

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The only thing they’re unequivocally right about is that winning a title is a 1-in-30 lottery. I’ve talked about it before, luck is such an overlooked part of winning it all. The 72-win Warriors didn’t win the title.

I think they’re too deep in the forest to see the trees on pretty much everything else. I have defensive and rebounding concerns, but that stuff is rooted in effort. Talent wins in the end. And luck.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:50 pm
The only thing they’re unequivocally right about is that winning a title is a 1-in-30 lottery. I’ve talked about it before, luck is such an overlooked part of winning it all. The 72-win Warriors didn’t win the title.

I think they’re too deep in the forest to see the trees on pretty much everything else. I have defensive and rebounding concerns, but that stuff is rooted in effort. Talent wins in the end. And luck.
Luck and not having a referee working for the mob against you or one who just doesn't like one of your players :lol:

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:

For us, injuries are the biggest concern. All three superstars are injury prone.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:09 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

For us, injuries are the biggest concern. All three superstars are injury prone.
That's the biggest element of luck. Unless we're talking about Chris Paul COVID super spreader birthday parties.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

One way to look at this trade is that we sold our soul for a shot at our first NBA championship.

I ain’t gonna lie, it hurts. Bridges was the heart and soul of this team. We now have a 3 year window, 4 tops, to get it done. I do appreciate that our new owner was willing to swing for the fences, to mix sports metaphors. It is a good feeling knowing that we could possibly, finally overcome that last hurdle that my team has yet to accomplish for most of my lifetime.
"Be Legendary."

Uncle_Gene

Post by Uncle_Gene »

It's starting to sink in some more that we got Durant. It almost still feels like a dream.

Anyone remember the 2021 semifinals between the Bucks and Nets ? Harden was playing on a bad hamstring, so he was a shell of himself. Kyrie sprained his ankle (I think it was game 2) and missed the rest of that series. KD almost beat Milwaukee by himself, cause that series still went 7 games.

To think he's coming with Booker, CP3, and Ayton is amazing. If this team stays healthy, the chances are great.
Phoenix Suns 2023-24NBA Champions !

Split T

Post by Split T »

Is KD already on our all time starting 5?

Nash/Booker/Marion/KD/Barkley

I know that is basically 3 PF’s, but those are the top 5 imo

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Split T wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:37 am

G - I'd still have to take Nash and either Kidd (3x 1st Team All-NBA, Hall of Fame) or Westphal (2x 1st Team All-NBA, Hall of Fame) over Booker (1x 1st Team All-NBA).
F - Durant may eventually replace Marion or Hawkins (1x 1st Team All-NBA, Hall of Fame) alongside Barkley
C - Stoudemire over Adams or Ayton
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

It depends on whether you're talking about Suns that were best in their era / most decorated players, or "5 guys who would be the best 5-man starting lineup today." If you're assembling a team for today, I think you might actually leave Barkley off (blasphemy!) due to his awful 3-point shooting and mediocre defense. I think I'd take something like Split's team but swap in the Hawk or Amare or somebody for Barkley. I know that sounds crazy, but if I'm trying to win games, well... If you're talking about fame level, probably Split is on the money. But I didn't get to see any of the '70s guys in person, so I'm probably short-changing them.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Barkley couldn’t shoot 3s but he was still hyper efficient…I think he’d work great if you surrounded him with shooters.

The biggest issue would be defense I think. No size down low. Marion and KD would be a pretty lethal defensive forward duo but Nash/Booker would be a little rough.

Democritus

Post by Democritus »

"We shall leave this world as foolish and as wicked as we found it on our arrival"-Voltaire

Suns_Dave

Post by Suns_Dave »

Does that mean he officially passed his physical? Could potentially throw the world into chaos if the trade were somehow invalidated by the league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Suns_Dave wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:18 pm
Does that mean he officially passed his physical? Could potentially throw the world into chaos if the trade were somehow invalidated by the league.
You mean I wasn't the only one looking at his knees in that slow walk above?
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:37 am

I think we should wait until he plays a minute in a Suns jersey.
"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

If the Pacers say "George Hill failed his physical" then we don't get Durant.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:47 pm
What are you talking about, Jeremy?
"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:50 pm
JeremyG wrote:
It was mainly a joke. But it's a 4-team trade. Just like the Gary Payton II trade. Any player failing a physical jeopardizes the entire trade.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:52 pm
Superbone wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
It was mainly a joke. But it's a 4-team trade. Just like the Gary Payton II trade. Any player failing a physical jeopardizes the entire trade.
I thought it was a two team trade. What am I missing?
"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:59 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Superbone wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
There wasn't enough time to make separate trades. Bucks received Crowder from Suns: https://www.nba.com/players/transactions

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:08 pm
Superbone wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:59 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Superbone wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
There wasn't enough time to make separate trades. Bucks received Crowder from Suns: https://www.nba.com/players/transactions
That link didn't tell me anything. Everything was broken up into their individual parts. My understanding was it was a two team trade and then the Nets traded Crowder in a follow up.
"Be Legendary."