KEVIN DURANT TRADED TO SUNS

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
TOO

Re: KEVIN DURANT TRADED TO SUNS

Post by TOO »

That purple is ugly anyway. (I know how dare I speak ill of purple?!)
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:55 pm
I can't get that stupid (but hilarious) KeBenderant meme out of my head when I see this jersey.

Wow. They didn't waste ANY time!
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:04 pm
Now that I think about it, do they even wear that purple uniform anymore? Seems to me like it's been completely replaced by the throwback this season.
Watch tonight and you'll have your answer.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:09 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:04 pm
Now that I think about it, do they even wear that purple uniform anymore? Seems to me like it's been completely replaced by the throwback this season.
Watch tonight and you'll have your answer.
And there it was.
"Be Legendary."

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

I can't stand all the jersey changes... Just when we get a decent one, they replace it... I'm looking at you "The Valley" jersey! I finally got my Booker one... :)

Split T

Post by Split T »

They want to keep you buying…if they don’t change there’s no reason to get a new one

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I'm curious what next season's jerseys will look like.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Kryptonic wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:01 am
I can't stand all the jersey changes... Just when we get a decent one, they replace it... I'm looking at you "The Valley" jersey! I finally got my Booker one... :)
I agree. They should just have one “special edition” annually and keep the rest the same. Loses its sentimental value when it’s just another seasonal clothing item

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:35 pm
Kryptonic wrote:
I agree. They should just have one “special edition” annually and keep the rest the same. Loses its sentimental value when it’s just another seasonal clothing item

Exactly... I get the business side of things but they could make subtle changes instead of a full blown make-over. Not to mention, there's still reasons to buy a new one when players change as often as they do on teams. Also, maybe I'm old fashioned but I like when teams have kept their traditional looks... ie: the celtics and lakers have kept up with a traditional jersey and wish we did too.

I like the "City Edition" jersey changes and funny enough I think those are the better looking jersey's. The new black jersey looks too simple and don't dig it as much as I did "The Valley" jersey. The new jersey tribute to the native tribes has actually grown on me (picked up a Booker T-shirt version as an xmas gift) even though it's nothing close to our colors... I feel like we're the 90's pistons when I see those :lol:

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Kryptonic wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:39 am
specialsauce wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:35 pm
Kryptonic wrote:

Exactly... I get the business side of things but they could make subtle changes instead of a full blown make-over. Not to mention, there's still reasons to buy a new one when players change as often as they do on teams. Also, maybe I'm old fashioned but I like when teams have kept their traditional looks... ie: the celtics and lakers have kept up with a traditional jersey and wish we did too.

I like the "City Edition" jersey changes and funny enough I think those are the better looking jersey's. The new black jersey looks too simple and don't dig it as much as I did "The Valley" jersey. The new jersey tribute to the native tribes has actually grown on me (picked up a Booker T-shirt version as an xmas gift) even though it's nothing close to our colors... I feel like we're the 90's pistons when I see those :lol:
I got the DBook tribute to native tribes jersey too! Amazing quality and such an awesome jersey.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Split T

Post by Split T »

We use 4-5 jerseys already…should have 2-3 of them stay the same and rotate the other 2

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Wow....
What a quote to pull from forever ago

Reading that article too :shock: :oops:

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Best offensive player who has ever played. Debate a wall.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

TOO wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:07 pm
I don't know. I think part of offense is reading the defense and making the right play. I have seen tons of times where Durant just held the ball and chucked up a bad shot, where if he were thinking more carefully he would have set up a teammate. Not trying to bag on the guy, I'm just saying that maybe he's the best scorer (or one of the best) shooter/scorers ever, but if you factor in all of offensive play, I don't know if he gets there. I'd give it to somebody like Lebron who also understands passing and other nuances of the game better.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:39 pm
TOO wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:07 pm
I don't know. I think part of offense is reading the defense and making the right play. I have seen tons of times where Durant just held the ball and chucked up a bad shot, where if he were thinking more carefully he would have set up a teammate. Not trying to bag on the guy, I'm just saying that maybe he's the best scorer (or one of the best) shooter/scorers ever, but if you factor in all of offensive play, I don't know if he gets there. I'd give it to somebody like Lebron who also understands passing and other nuances of the game better.
Do I look like a wall to you?
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I think Durant has a case…I don’t think there’s anyone else that could literally fit anywhere. You could plug Durant on every team in history and he’d fit seamlessly and elevate the team. He’s the perfect player in that regards.

You tell me to make an all time team with any player from their peak and the only player I’m absolutely sure I’d have on it is KD.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Split T wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:15 pm
I think Durant has a case…I don’t think there’s anyone else that could literally fit anywhere. You could plug Durant on every team in history and he’d fit seamlessly and elevate the team. He’s the perfect player in that regards.

You tell me to make an all time team with any player from their peak and the only player I’m absolutely sure I’d have on it is KD.
Yep.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass