KEVIN DURANT TRADED TO SUNS

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
AmareIsGod

Re: KEVIN DURANT TRADED TO SUNS

Post by AmareIsGod »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:15 am
AmareIsGod wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:39 pm
Boomers.
I'm glad you guys have got it all figured out.
Big Shaqtus in his prime was better than the example player Wilt Chamberlain picked up and moved during a game back when he dominated a league full of white stiffs. I get he dominated his peers but when people think prime Shaq wouldn't have a chance, I question (not you Bone) if it's selective memory forgetting how dominant prime Shaq was.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:05 am
Superbone wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
Boomers.
Big Shaqtus in his prime was better than the example player Wilt Chamberlain picked up and moved during a game back when he dominated a league full of white stiffs. I get he dominated his peers but when people think prime Shaq wouldn't have a chance, I question (not you Bone) if it's selective memory forgetting how dominant prime Shaq was.
Prime Shaq was an unstoppable force…. Not to mention he destroyed how many baskets? Offense and defense wise he was insane.

Shaqtus on the other hand was a shell of his former self…. I did happen to be at the game when he dove into the stands for a loose ball and about 2 rows cleared out :shock:

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Interesting. I wasn’t aware of Barkley’s beef with KD. Is he going to be butt hurt if KD does what he couldn’t?

https://youtube.com/shorts/qzxeSygmico?feature=share
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Superbone wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
Boomers.
My favorite Wilt story was when Hall of Famer Gus Johnson of the Bullets (who was about the same size as Charles Barkley) decided he was going to dunk on Wilt and Wilt went and blocked his shot with such force it dislocated Johnson's shoulder.

Wilt played against Hall of Fame centers Willis Reed, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Bill Russell, Nate Thurmond, Walt Bellamy, Bob Lanier, Dave Cowens, Wes Unseld, Elvin Hayes, Zelmo Beaty and Clyde Lovellette. Most of whom were, you know, African Americans.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

The Bobster wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:11 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Superbone wrote:
AmareIsGod wrote:
Boomers.
My favorite Wilt story was when Hall of Famer Gus Johnson of the Bullets (who was about the same size as Charles Barkley) decided he was going to dunk on Wilt and Wilt went and blocked his shot with such force it dislocated Johnson's shoulder.

Wilt played against Hall of Fame centers Willis Reed, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Bill Russell, Nate Thurmond, Walt Bellamy, Bob Lanier, Dave Cowens, Wes Unseld, Elvin Hayes, Zelmo Beaty and Clyde Lovellette. Most of whom were, you know, African Americans.
I know that I was making a big white stiff comment more as a joke. But the point still remains that prime Shaq was a force. I think more of a physical force than any of the greats you listed Wilt played against. I'm not saying Shaq was better in his prime. I'm simply saying that Wilt wouldn't just manhandle prime Shaq and have his way, dominating him. I think it would be somewhat competitive.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

If Shaq had stayed in shape his entire career he would be in the discussion for the greatest player ever.

But he didn't.

Wilt would match up with him physically like Yao and Sabonis did. Shaq would still get his, but he'd have to work for it. And defensively there's no copmparison between the two.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts

Cap

Post by Cap »

The Bobster wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:40 pm
If Shaq had stayed in shape his entire career he would be in the discussion for the greatest player ever.

But he didn't.

Wilt would match up with him physically like Yao and Sabonis did. Shaq would still get his, but he'd have to work for it. And defensively there's no copmparison between the two.
How dominant would Sabonis have been if we’d gotten him in his prime?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Cap wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:15 pm
The Bobster wrote:

But he didn't.

He looked like a totally different person by the time he came to the NBA. He was unreal in his prime. He made David Robinson look tiny.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

It's funny how perspectives can change
Most people don't think much of KD personality and when asked about it over the years, I always would say I mainly check for if I like a guy's game
Going down the who people are off the court can sometimes be a tricky dynamic outside of when it's something very egregious that can't be ignored

So it's just been funny to me (maybe being a Homer) now he's a Sun or it could simply be that most interviews I've seen with KD before has been Playoffs (pre/post game) and he will always say very little if not be defensive and dismissive so not the best look

This just a random one but there been so much of these Chill/Smiling KD vids now that we have more access to him as Suns fans that it's interesting to see. Obviously though, it's about his demeanor if things don't go well which would be the telling sign
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Cap wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:15 pm
The Bobster wrote:

But he didn't.

He would have been right there in the discussion.

His basketball IQ was off the charts even when he had lost all his athleticism.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:07 am
It's funny how perspectives can change
Most people don't think much of KD personality and when asked about it over the years, I always would say I mainly check for if I like a guy's game
Going down the who people are off the court can sometimes be a tricky dynamic outside of when it's something very egregious that can't be ignored

So it's just been funny to me (maybe being a Homer) now he's a Sun or it could simply be that most interviews I've seen with KD before has been Playoffs (pre/post game) and he will always say very little if not be defensive and dismissive so not the best look

This just a random one but there been so much of these Chill/Smiling KD vids now that we have more access to him as Suns fans that it's interesting to see. Obviously though, it's about his demeanor if things don't go well which would be the telling sign
Maintaining any level of privacy has to be a struggle for athletes, actors, politicians, ect.

The public just has an apetite for sensational details on any famous person.