Suns Trade for Bazley

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Suns Trade for Bazley

Post by Superbone »

Bazley is going to be our Doncic stopper.

"Be Legendary."

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

I’m tentatively optimistic Bazley will be a good pick up. It seems if he can stick to a defined role, he will be very useful. KD, CP3 and Booker are as good a trio as any to keep a young player in their lane I reckon.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Yeah
Glad to see guys pulling some numbers to support what I would've noticed with just an eye test

Have never heard any issues with his Defense
It was the 2/9 games with turnovers that you would expect better efficiency from a forward

So like some are saying, that simply might be a product of system cause we all know OKC were just out there scrimmaging for a while
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

SunsSince92

Post by SunsSince92 »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:11 am

It's a limited sample size but I really like what I'm seeing here. He had numerous opportunities to foul Doncic during that particular play, and the fact he didn't, shows a level of control and maturity that many young players lack.

I'm sure there is plenty of footage of him doing precisely the opposite but these clips show the potential is there.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Yeah I am seeing a lot more love for this kid on twitter. I just hope it’s not his work ethic or personality that lost him minutes. Like I said, it’s hard to develop everyone when you’re on a youth roster - there is a lot less stability to build on and roles are in flux too much.
With him being our young guy hopefully in practice he can hone his skills, earn respect from elders and coaches, and earn some minutes with the starting lineup. Having his length defensively and simply a plus offensive player would be amazing. Financially he’d be in for a big paycheck if he does.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:11 am

Looks like he is also going to be our Durant stopper.

Oh wait. ;)
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I'm already feeling bad for this guy. Expectations, at least for this year, are too high among the fan base.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:20 pm
I'm already feeling bad for this guy. Expectations, at least for this year, are too high among the fan base.
I don't think so. As long as he can step in for Durant with no drop off, he should be fine.
"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:22 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
I don't think so. As long as he can step in for Durant with no drop off, he should be fine.
He's too short.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
You think so ?
People seem excited for his defensive potential but let's be honest, most persons pay more attention to offense and at least that's the side of the ball more scrutinized

For that reason I don't think he would be under the microscope like someone who the fans expect to hit shots/score
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

TOO

Post by TOO »

Bazley couldn't get run on a lottery team, he won't get much Here either, you hope you can grow some of his tools, but I don't expect him to do much, he was probably the best they do in the Saric dump.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya I’m intrigued by Bazley…but certainly not counting on him. I think there’s a chance he could help us, but I want to see it before making any kind of definitive claims.

carey

Post by carey »

TOO wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:49 pm
Bazley couldn't get run on a lottery team, he won't get much Here either, you hope you can grow some of his tools, but I don't expect him to do much, he was probably the best they do in the Saric dump.
Disagree. They made the trade to get a good look at him before he hits RFA. He's going to play.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:19 pm
TOO wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:49 pm
Disagree. They made the trade to get a good look at him before he hits RFA. He's going to play.
The good thing with our big four is that you can put pretty much anybody out there with them and they'll look pretty good.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Dude is long.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

I would love to develop Bazley as our long term 5th starter…well I guess 4th as we also probably need to replace CP3 soon

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Superbone wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Whoa, settled down. He just needs to be a Giannis-stopper and we’ll be fine.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Shabazz wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:34 pm
Superbone wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Whoa, settled down. He just needs to be a Giannis-stopper and we’ll be fine.
Ayton has done great against Giannis in the past in spite of the Finals- I think Giannis went super saiyan and Ayton wasn’t prepared for all that. He just needs to focus himself on his 1v1 defense again.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

How about a lockdown defensive lineup of Booker, Okogie, Bazley, KD and Ayton/Biyambo?

Or a big lineup of Booker, Warren, Bazley, KD, Ayton?