Suns Trade for Bazley

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Suns Trade for Bazley

Post by Superbone »

SunsRIt wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:48 am
How about a lockdown defensive lineup of Booker, Okogie, Bazley, KD and Ayton/Biyambo?

Or a big lineup of Booker, Warren, Bazley, KD, Ayton?
We're going to have some length for sure! Ross too.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Bazley just gave the worst interview ever on azsports.

Wow

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I just Googled to double check and right he didn't go to college so maybe just a dude of few words...
Literally 😳🤦🏾‍♂️

Plus when I Googled him dude isn't smiling in any profile pics I saw smh lol
I'm just waiting to the on-court product
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Split T

Post by Split T »

I just listened…I didn’t think it was that bad. He didn’t seem all that interested in doing the interview but he didn’t say anything bad. Both Burns and Gambo kinda answered the question in their questions at times as well.

I guess in contrast to the personality and eloquence of Mikal and CamJ it is definitely lacking, but it’s nowhere near as awkward as media day with DA

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Split T wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:22 pm
I just listened…I didn’t think it was that bad. He didn’t seem all that interested in doing the interview but he didn’t say anything bad. Both Burns and Gambo kinda answered the question in their questions at times as well.

I guess in contrast to the personality and eloquence of Mikal and CamJ it is definitely lacking, but it’s nowhere near as awkward as media day with DA
Good thing we brought in the charismatic, loquacious TJ Warren to fill the void.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Bazley interview goes Badley

Split T

Post by Split T »

Shabazz wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:26 pm
Split T wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:22 pm

Good thing we brought in the charismatic, loquacious TJ Warren to fill the void.
KD is also not the most charismatic either…but I don’t care if they produce on the court

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I don't think there's anything particularly wrong or awkward with that Bazley interview. It's always hard to get a feel for someone with the those blitz radio interviews and the questions were pretty terrible.

Burns/Gambo: "Daris, (stat), (stat), (stat), (aren't I so smart)? Are you surprised/nervous about (something completely unsurprising/basic)?"

Daris: "No, not really." "I don't really know. I just got here."

He's a pretty soft spoken guy in general.

Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya I saw people running with the expectations haven’t changed coming here comment. People taking it like he’s saying he doesn’t care, but he was talking about his own personal expectations as opposed to the team. He also didn’t seem to want to throw OKC under the bus. Gambo tried to make it seem like he came from a trash team…Darius pointed out they are only a couple games behind the suns.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

If being good with the press meant anything Paul Shirley would have been an All-Star player.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

https://arizonasports.com/story/3497317 ... -rotation/

Monty Williams wrote:“He’s a young guy that just hasn’t found his consistent niche if you will in the NBA,” Suns head coach Monty Williams said Monday. “We look at his body, we look at his skill set, we look at how he was viewed when he came out and some of the early success he had in OKC and you have to ask yourself what can we do to help him get on a path that’s more consistent.

“Because you look at him, 6’9″, long arms, athletic, can make a shot, has defensive capabilities to affect the game — how do you help him become a part of your program? It may take us a while to figure that out and we hope we can but he’s got some tools and the attributes not many NBA players have.”

I'm hopeful, but will be surprised if he's playing real playoff minutes.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I heard the radio interview first. Then saw the videos. I admit I was a little worried after the radio interview but felt much better about the guy after watching the videos. I get the impression he was shell shocked by the trade and liked his teammates and situation. It’s going to take him some time to adjust to his new teammates and environment.

I’m also ashamed to admit that it took me half way through that last video before I realized it was an OKC preseason video. What do you mean you’re taking a month to rest your body?!

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Yeah I was always gonna be more concerned about how he plays than how he interviews
As others have said, seeing video his demeanor is fine and one clear thing is every time he been asked about CP3 he smiles so obviously had a good vet/rook relationship

That upstart team was ready to run through a wall for CP3 so no surprise

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

I honestly think he just woke up from a nap. I’m not sure where Saucy’s assholish comment comes from. He just sounded half asleep.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Maybe because I don't follow or pay attention to fan commentary on Twitter, but I am not seeing the crazy expectations people are alluding to.

I also don't understand the rush to declare he can't/won't help in the playoffs. Can we just let him play some regular season games for us first? I just want him to get some playing time because, as Monty says, he has some tools that are pretty impressive. Why don't we see if we can use some of those tools to you know, help our team? Right now we have four standout players that are going to play with guys that should be a great team's 10-12th best players. There are minutes to be had that should go to the players that play the best.

And I love that Bazley called out this silliness of acting like he is coming from this awful team. OKC is young, but they have played some great basketball at time this season. Plus, OKC actually has some ridiculous depth, and they have young players they have just drafted that they are more invested in than the free-agent-to-be Bazley. So it isn't that surprising he wasn't a prominent part of that team.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Agreed. OKC isn't awful, even if their own top pick is out this season and they want to win the VictorW lottery, like all the other teams. Bazley is right, and he wasn't going to throw his boys under the bus at his first chance. That would be a typical Morris brother's thing though, and the Suns media shouldn't be under some Laker type delusion that this team has been any type of juggernaut this year.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass