Around the League: Week 18 (2/13 - 2/19)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: Around the League: Week 18 (2/13 - 2/19)

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

They'll move on from Ayton if he loafs around now. There's no time for that anymore since he's been paid and playing with two guys who are legitimately a level or two better than him.

I'm actually feeling a bit better about his trajectory right now because he's a role player at heart and this will probably be the best opportunity for him to succeed in his entire career.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:16 pm
They'll move on from Ayton if he loafs around now. There's no time for that anymore since he's been paid and playing with two guys who are legitimately a level or two better than him.

I'm actually feeling a bit better about his trajectory right now because he's a role player at heart and this will probably be the best opportunity for him to succeed in his entire career.
He's definitely a goner if he's still loafing, probably for Siakam in the offseason.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

TOO wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:22 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

He's definitely a goner if he's still loafing, probably for Siakam in the offseason.
I think Toronto re-signs Poeltl.

But if we do flame out in the playoffs, the obvious move is trading either Ayton or CP for Depth. CPs contract may be valuable for a team looking to shed salary.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

It's also important to remember the new ownership group has no self pride attached to picking him #1 overall.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

TOO wrote:
I think the Suns would prefer a sign and trade for FVV, or a deal for Anunoby. I don't think Siakim would mesh well with the Durant and Booker combo.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Shabazz wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:24 pm
TOO wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

I think Toronto re-signs Poeltl.

But if we do flame out in the playoffs, the obvious move is trading either Ayton or CP for Depth. CPs contract may be valuable for a team looking to shed salary.
Is it possible to sign-and-trade a UFA? I know its counterintuitive, but it could open the possibility for the Suns to get Poeltl and stuff for Ayton.

Moving Paul and Ayton to make room for Kyrie and a cheaper Center is the quiet part no Suns fan really wants to say out loud right now.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:29 pm
Is it possible to sign-and-trade a UFA?
Yes.

TOO

Post by TOO »

INFORMER wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:26 pm
TOO wrote:
I think the Suns would prefer a sign and trade for FVV, or a deal for Anunoby. I don't think Siakim would mesh well with the Durant and Booker combo.
I'm just going off the rumblings that KD wanted the Nets to acquire Siakam, not necessarily what I'd do.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

That would make for a weird fit. I think at least one of the main three guys has to consistently be pass-first to make it work.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Moving Paul and Ayton to make room for Kyrie and a cheaper Center is the quiet part no Suns fan really wants to say out loud right now.
I'm dreading it.

I think Dallas would take an Ayton/Shamet package for Irving, but even if Ayton underperforms this year, are the Suns really going to jettison Ayton and Paul for Irving? Does replacing Harden for Booker, and Nash for Monty, give the Suns that much confidence in Irving?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

INFORMER wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:54 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
I'm dreading it.

I think Dallas would take an Ayton/Shamet package for Irving, but even if Ayton underperforms this year, are the Suns really going to jettison Ayton and Paul for Irving? Does replacing Harden for Booker, and Nash for Monty, give the Suns that much confidence in Irving?
And then they'll sign Dramyond Green.

TOO

Post by TOO »

INFORMER wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
I'm dreading it.

I'm worried that Ishbia is going to let the inmates run the asylum so to speak, is a 31yo Kyrie better than current Paul? Absolutely, is it better than Paul and an engaged Ayton? Nah, that would really depend on who they'd be rolling out at the 5. Irving/Powell in and Ayton/Shamet out, I think the Suns are fine.

Swapping Booker and Harden to me is an upgrade, Booker just wants to win, and plays well off the ball, Harden is well Harden.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
It's also important to remember the new ownership group has no self pride attached to picking him #1 overall.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Jeremy infiltrate that ownership group and make Ayton the focal point of the universe. :P
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:06 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised to see Jeremy infiltrate that ownership group and make Ayton the focal point of the universe. :P
I mean, Ishbia did buy the Suns.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Was gonna make a comment about the Bucks beating the Celtics and then realized Boston didn’t have Brown, Tatum, or Smart and it took OT for Milwaukee.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Split T wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:36 pm
Was gonna make a comment about the Bucks beating the Celtics and then realized Boston didn’t have Brown, Tatum, or Smart and it took OT for Milwaukee.
It's definitely a 2 team race in the East.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

INFORMER wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
I'm dreading it.

No thank you. I wouldn’t mind Irving if he somehow wanted to take a discount to come or it just took CP3 and change, but not looking to flip DA for him any more

TOO

Post by TOO »

Jake Puddle dropped 30 on 15-17 for Toronto. Wtf.

Split T

Post by Split T »

specialsauce wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:40 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
I'm dreading it.

No thank you. I wouldn’t mind Irving if he somehow wanted to take a discount to come or it just took CP3 and change, but not looking to flip DA for him any more
No space for Kyrie, we gotta pay Okogie now haha

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

TOO wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:44 pm
Jake Puddle dropped 30 on 15-17 for Toronto. Wtf.
That's max contract territory.