Around the League: Week 18 (2/13 - 2/19)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: Around the League: Week 18 (2/13 - 2/19)

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I think Jeremey has been the only person here openly advocating for Kyrie. Of course that was to replace Paul and obviously not at the expense of Ayton.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:45 pm
TOO wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:44 pm
Jake Puddle dropped 30 on 15-17 for Toronto. Wtf.
That's max contract territory.
Meanwhile Hack Loadale dropped a turd on our court

carey

Post by carey »

I’m going to be in Phoenix for the first time in 10 years at the end of the month. Might even be there when Durant plays his first game. That would be cool.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Split T

Post by Split T »

I’m gonna be there in March and think I’m gonna have to get tickets…my choices are Milwaukee or Orlando

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Split T wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:01 pm
I’m gonna be there in March and think I’m gonna have to get tickets…my choices are Milwaukee or Orlando
Definitely pick Milwaukee bro lol but something tells me that was your preference anyways ;)

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

carey wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:59 pm
I’m going to be in Phoenix for the first time in 10 years at the end of the month. Might even be there when Durant plays his first game. That would be cool.
You should definitely. I think I’m gonna have to make the trip down to for a playoff game this year.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Wally_West wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:11 pm
Split T wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:01 pm
Definitely pick Milwaukee bro lol but something tells me that was your preference anyways ;)
Definitely my preference but the timing isn’t as great and I’m slightly worried KD won’t play since it’s the 2nd night of a back to back..

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

It's looking like I abandoned Kawhii Island a bit early. My skepticism was based on a doubt that he could sustain his former elite level for 2 months in the playoffs. I thought there was a 0% chance in the Fall, now it's well beyond 50%. The Clippers are once again lurking as the team I worry about most in the playoffs.

Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The NBA can host a dunk contest, but it doesn't really count if Sharpe isn't participating. This kid is electric.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:05 am
It's looking like I abandoned Kawhii Island a bit early. My skepticism was based on a doubt that he could sustain his former elite level for 2 months in the playoffs. I thought there was a 0% chance in the Fall, now it's well beyond 50%. The Clippers are once again lurking as the team I worry about most in the playoffs.
Guess who we play next.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:07 am
The NBA can host a dunk contest, but it doesn't really count if Sharpe isn't participating. This kid is electric.
Isn't that a football player? Seems like I remember that name from the past. And why wasn't he invited?
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Shannon Sharpe was the football player. Shaedon was invited and then he dropped out

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:03 am
Shannon Sharpe was the football player. Shaedon was invited and then he dropped out
Ha! I heard in my head Shannon Sharpe from the announcer on the call. Any relation?
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:48 am
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Guess who we play next.
Not only that, but it's the last NBA game before the all-star break.
"Be Legendary."

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Every time I read y'all In Phoenix or Heading to Games posts......
Sigh lol #lucky

I've been at least checking the travel
From here I would have to go through Miami or Charlotte on connecting flights (lots of hours 😅🤦🏾‍♂️)

Other thing about the trade is NY is a common flight from here only 5hrs so maybe my best chance might be to go BK and see the Twin facing the Suns possibly next season 🤷🏾‍♂️

I'm gonna make my first game one of these days man
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:19 am
Every time I read y'all In Phoenix or Heading to Games posts......
Sigh lol #lucky

I've been at least checking the travel
From here I would have to go through Miami or Charlotte on connecting flights (lots of hours 😅🤦🏾‍♂️)

Other thing about the trade is NY is a common flight from here only 5hrs so maybe my best chance might be to go BK and see the Twin facing the Suns possibly next season 🤷🏾‍♂️

I'm gonna make my first game one of these days man
If you go to NY, you can see them play the Knicks at MSG and the Nets at Barclays. They usually hit both venues in the same week. I did that a few years ago and it was amazing. I plan on visiting you in the Bahamas btw at some point after I'm retired. :D
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:48 am
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Guess who we play next.
I noticed that and it partially inspired my closer look at Kawhii's recent form.

Last game before the break is usually a mixed bag of effort from both sides. I'm sure a lot of guys have their minds on a warm beach somewhere.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Shabazz wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:37 pm
Suns have zero representation at all star weekend. Weird.
That's what happens when you are a poverty franchise with no history of success, decent players or even a winning record...oh wait.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:16 pm
They'll move on from Ayton if he loafs around now. There's no time for that anymore since he's been paid and playing with two guys who are legitimately a level or two better than him.

I'm actually feeling a bit better about his trajectory right now because he's a role player at heart and this will probably be the best opportunity for him to succeed in his entire career.
That must be why he scored 8 straight points in the 4th quarter to put the game away and dominated his all-star opponent last night.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

JeremyG wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:29 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:16 pm
They'll move on from Ayton if he loafs around now. There's no time for that anymore since he's been paid and playing with two guys who are legitimately a level or two better than him.

I'm actually feeling a bit better about his trajectory right now because he's a role player at heart and this will probably be the best opportunity for him to succeed in his entire career.
That must be why he scored 8 straight points in the 4th quarter to put the game away and dominated his all-star opponent last night.
Did you miss the part where he was perfectly set up by his teammates for those points? 4 of the 8 points came out of the PnR and he hit tough shots. The other 4 points were just him standing in the middle of the paint wide open because the defense was closing on a drive.

Until he's consistently creating his own offense or shots for teammates, he'll be a role player in my eyes. There's nothing wrong with that as long as he's playing with the same force we've seen for the past couple of weeks.