Game Day: Kings (32-24) @ Suns (31-27), Tues 2/14/23

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: Game Day: Kings (32-24) @ Suns (31-27), Tues 2/14/23

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I watched most of the game for a second time just to focus on KD's bench reactions.

I know, I have a problem. :oops:
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:37 pm
Damn, I am so stoked to see that Monty is trying to integrate Okogie. He’d be a top player on defense if he can play with our starters.
Thanks for summarizing the game I was pissed to find out that Kings games are local blackouts for me even though I live in Portland. I didn’t feel like finding alternative ways to stream it. You’d think there would be a better way to not blackout games via server locations.
The fact that blackouts are still a thing in 2023 is wild. It doesn't make any sense at all.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:44 pm
Drewsprocket wrote:
Damn, I am so stoked to see that Monty is trying to integrate Okogie. He’d be a top player on defense if he can play with our starters.
Thanks for summarizing the game I was pissed to find out that Kings games are local blackouts for me even though I live in Portland. I didn’t feel like finding alternative ways to stream it. You’d think there would be a better way to not blackout games via server locations.
The fact that blackouts are still a thing in 2023 is wild. It doesn't make any sense at all.
Especially from Portland to Sacramento. That's ridiculous! I'm in San Diego so I get why I have to watch Lakers and Clippers local broadcasts. It's about 1.5 hours to Crypto.com Arena.
"Be Legendary."

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:44 pm
Drewsprocket wrote:
Yea, it's crap... We shouldn't have to worry about using a VPN workaround.

Curious what will happen if Bally's folds shop :shock:

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

TOO wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:33 pm
The Gleague is in. Barf.
I missed something. Is this supposed to be a reference to Saben Lee?
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:32 pm
Okay, hot take after watching the past few games: As much as I really miss Mikal, I think his production is actually pretty replaceable. You look at guys like Okogie and Craig and other wings and they can basically produce similar numbers, plus it gives a few more shots for guys like Ayton and CP3 and Book. I think as long as we have other good wing defenders, we can totally survive losing Mikal.
I think it is easy to feel this way when Okogie goes for 19 points on 8-13 shooting. Will you feel this way if Okogie goes back to his 2-6 shooting in 24 minutes performances?

The other thing is that there is a difference between what Mikal has been and what he is becoming. And even in looking at what he has been, it wasn't exactly the numbers that made him valuable, it was being a good offensive threat while providing elite defense.

I would absolutely love it if Okogie kept his recent play up. When he is on like this, he is easily one of my favorite things about this team. But he averaged 6.6 ppg on 36% shooting in January. I'm not going to anoint him as a Mikal replacement just yet.

TOO

Post by TOO »

INFORMER wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:43 am
TOO wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:33 pm
The Gleague is in. Barf.
I missed something. Is this supposed to be a reference to Saben Lee?
Nope. Just what I call the current full bench unit.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Got it. Thanks for the clarification.

TOO

Post by TOO »

INFORMER wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:25 am
Got it. Thanks for the clarification.
👍
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

INFORMER wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:56 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:32 pm
Okay, hot take after watching the past few games: As much as I really miss Mikal, I think his production is actually pretty replaceable. You look at guys like Okogie and Craig and other wings and they can basically produce similar numbers, plus it gives a few more shots for guys like Ayton and CP3 and Book. I think as long as we have other good wing defenders, we can totally survive losing Mikal.
I think it is easy to feel this way when Okogie goes for 19 points on 8-13 shooting. Will you feel this way if Okogie goes back to his 2-6 shooting in 24 minutes performances?

The other thing is that there is a difference between what Mikal has been and what he is becoming. And even in looking at what he has been, it wasn't exactly the numbers that made him valuable, it was being a good offensive threat while providing elite defense.

I would absolutely love it if Okogie kept his recent play up. When he is on like this, he is easily one of my favorite things about this team. But he averaged 6.6 ppg on 36% shooting in January. I'm not going to anoint him as a Mikal replacement just yet.
That's true; Okogie is far from being a guy you can rely on to match or even come close to Mikal's numbers. I don't expect that from him. I guess I am saying that I think the combination of Okogie and other players can replace most of what Mikal gave us. A few more shots for each of Book, CP3, Ayton, etc. will likely replace most of the shots Mikal would have put up.

Don't get me wrong; I feel the pain of missing Mikal as much as anybody. It breaks my heart as a Suns fan to see him gone. I am just saying that I think it's harder to replace some of the other guys' production on the team than Mikal's. There are a lot of pretty-good wings who we can plug in without losing too much.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

We're rightfully going to see some tweaks to the defensive scheme. They leveraged Mikal's strength on the perimeter, but now they have to rework it to fit KD's strength on the backline/weakside. We've never really seen Monty's Suns team with two agile 7-footers on the defensive side.