Around the League: July 2014

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Cap

Re: Around the League: July 2014

Post by Cap »

TOO

Post by TOO »

Hahaha.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

INFORMER wrote:It may be a dump, but the point is, it doesn't have to be. He isn't overpaid. He isn't declining. He's a commodity, regardless of the player option. He isn't even making 10 figures, and that's very significant after the ridiculous spending this summer. Sorry, there isn't any reasonable way to spin this as the best move possible.
The package Philly got was basically what we got for Gortat. A mid-first round pick. I don't think that's as terrible a return as you're making it out to be.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Well, Cousins and Plumlee both ended up making the US National team after all. Lillard, Korver, Parsons, and Hayward were the final cuts.
"Be Legendary."

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I don't get why Drummond was kept. They don't need Davis, Plumlee, Cousins, and Drummond.

I would have taken Hayward, Korver, or Lillard (in that order) over Drummond.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

MightyMoog

Post by MightyMoog »

Because they're only really worried about Spain. And Spain has size you need to match up with.

DrSublime

Post by DrSublime »

~~~~~

carey

Post by carey »

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/504341747129131008

Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Good to see you, carey! Dudley to the Bucks is kind of ironic after our three way trade with the Bucks and Clippers. Well, I hope Dudley gets some playing time there and can get back on the NBA map.
"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica to the Clippers with a 1st rounder going to Milwaukee. Dudley can opt out this Summer. A bit surprised it cost a 1st rounder to move him.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

I dont even know who Radujica is. Milwaukee did well getting a 1st.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Poor Dudley. Oof.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Not like he endeared himself to the Clips, he was pretty useless last year.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Supposedly, JYD regained all the weight he was lugging around when he first was traded to the Suns. Without Phoenix's trainers to keep him away from junk food and keep him trim, he got sloppy again. And that contributed to minor injuries. Junk yard dog became a fat old hound on the porch ...
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

I think the 1stR was justified. Dudley was awful and basically (a lot of) dead weight.

TOO

Post by TOO »

LazarusLong wrote:Supposedly, JYD regained all the weight he was lugging around when he first was traded to the Suns. Without Phoenix's trainers to keep him away from junk food and keep him trim, he got sloppy again. And that contributed to minor injuries. Junk yard dog became a fat old hound on the porch ...
Somewhere Jerome Williams is moderately offended.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Not playing probably hurt his conditioning as well. They made the mistake of adding a few too many unathletic guys at arguably the most athletic position in the L. Redick or Dudley would have been fine, but i think they felt like both hurt their overall length and athleticism.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

LazarusLong wrote:Supposedly, JYD regained all the weight he was lugging around when he first was traded to the Suns. Without Phoenix's trainers to keep him away from junk food and keep him trim, he got sloppy again. And that contributed to minor injuries. Junk yard dog became a fat old hound on the porch ...
Not playing probably hurt his conditioning as well. They made the mistake of adding a few too many unathletic guys at arguably the most athletic position in the L. Redick or Dudley would have been fine, but i think they felt like both hurt their overall length and athleticism.
I don't think it was either of these things. I watched a lot of Clippers games last season. Dudley looked to be in his usual shape, and Redick was injured for a while early on so he had a lot of opportunity, he just had his typical slow start to the season. While he was with the Suns he would normally snap out of it after a month or two, but in this case, I think he developed some minor, nagging injuries and he never recovered. By the time Redick came back and with Crawford and Collison playing well alongside Chris Paul there wasn't much room for Dudley any more.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Ring_Wanted wrote:I think the 1stR was justified. Dudley was awful and basically (a lot of) dead weight.
we're just not seeing eye to eye this offseason. Trading a first rounder to dump a $4 mil/yr contract is silly.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

INFORMER wrote:
Ring_Wanted wrote:I think the 1stR was justified. Dudley was awful and basically (a lot of) dead weight.
we're just not seeing eye to eye this offseason. Trading a first rounder to dump a $4 mil/yr contract is silly.
I'm with you on this, INF. And Dudley's not a bum. If he corrects whatever was up with his game last season, he's worth that contract.