Around the League: July 2014

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
INFORMER

Re: Around the League: July 2014

Post by INFORMER »

I was hoping Delfino (his contract, more specifically) could be used in a Bledsoe S&T.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

INFORMER wrote:
Ring_Wanted wrote:I think the 1stR was justified. Dudley was awful and basically (a lot of) dead weight.
we're just not seeing eye to eye this offseason. Trading a first rounder to dump a $4 mil/yr contract is silly.
Heh. True. And I knew you were going to disagree, but I see it like this: if I am the Bucks I am taking a contract that is being moved for two reasons. Cap relief and poor play. Since I already have my fair share of underperforming guys, a reclamation project of sorts, at a position I already have more than covered, is not something desirable to my eyes so you need to bribe me with a pick/prospect, and one or two 2ndRs is just not going to cut it.

If this was a different team, like the 76rs, who have a depleted roster and need veteran presence, maybe I'd be ok with a second rounder or maybe even just the player, but given the specific team involved I think this is the regular fee for this kind of move.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Sam Amick tweets that the Clippers are also getting their own 2015 2ndR back, previously owned by Milwaukee. Also, they are looking now at stretching Delfino and adding Chris Douglas-Roberts and Udoh.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Regardless of what happens with Bledsoe this offseason, we won that trade with LAC in a landslide. Poor Dudley. Maybe he'll end up on the Warriors with Kerr.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Good one. Kerr could use Speights' similar contract to get him.

carey

Post by carey »

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/504936604608516096

Barbs is back in the league. Good for him.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Kerr snapping up all those former Suns! Next they'll bring Raja Bell out of retirement!

TOO

Post by TOO »

Barbs is poop, dunno why he's in the NBA.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Barbs is poop, dunno why he's in the NBA.
I thought he looked decent last year. He just never got into a rhythm with his shot.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Shabazz wrote:
I thought he looked decent last year. He just never got into a rhythm with his shot.
I agree. For the vet min it's a solid move, and it has some upside since he'll be playing the Worlds and maybe will start the season in top shape.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Shabazz wrote:

Yeah, he looked decent, save for his 1.6/1 assist-to-turnover ratio and 28% shooting behind the arc. And his injuries.

I'm happy that he signed with Golden State and gets another shot in the NBA, but he looked fragile and spent last year with the Suns. That trip down memory lane vanished into thin air, fast ...
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

LazarusLong wrote:
Shabazz wrote:

Yeah, he looked decent, save for his 1.6/1 assist-to-turnover ratio and 28% shooting behind the arc. And his injuries.

I'm happy that he signed with Golden State and gets another shot in the NBA, but he looked fragile and spent last year with the Suns. That trip down memory lane vanished into thin air, fast ...
I cut him some extra slack because he was coming back from an ACL tear and because he's so cute and cuddly.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Shabazz wrote:
LazarusLong wrote:
Shabazz wrote:

I cut him some extra slack because he was coming back from an ACL tear and because he's so cute and cuddly.
You're a much better sport than I am.
I'm a crusty, results-driven cynic ...
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
Shabazz wrote:
I agree. For the vet min it's a solid move, and it has some upside since he'll be playing the Worlds and maybe will start the season in top shape.
Yeah, he looked pretty good in the Worlds' friendlies to me.
"Be Legendary."

SDC

Post by SDC »

marc stein tweets:
Interesting rumble just dribbled in on eve of FIBA World Cup: Reigning champs San Antonio have registered interest in Mexico's Gustavo Ayon
why not the suns?

TOO

Post by TOO »

LazarusLong wrote:
Shabazz wrote:
LazarusLong wrote:
Shabazz wrote:

Thumbs up. Barbosa was not an NBA caliber player last year by any stretch of the imagination.

You're a much better sport than I am.
I'm a crusty, results-driven cynic ...
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

SDC wrote:marc stein tweets:
Interesting rumble just dribbled in on eve of FIBA World Cup: Reigning champs San Antonio have registered interest in Mexico's Gustavo Ayon
why not the suns?
That's a very good question. One I've been wondering myself.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Because they probably think he is not improving anything over Kieff-Miles +Marcus-Tolliver-Warren-Len.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

SDC wrote:marc stein tweets:
why not the suns?
We have a world-beater in Shavlik Randolph. Who needs Ayon?

SDC

Post by SDC »

bogdanovic played great, scored 26 pts.