Suns News: Weeks 19 & 20 (2/20 - 3/5)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
In2ition

Re: Suns News: Weeks 19 & 20 (2/20 - 3/5)

Post by In2ition »

I did hear Laker fans say that the Lakers may trade AD for DA+ this summer.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

I don’t know that I do that…Obviously AD is better, but I don’t think banking on him staying healthy is smart for this team.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:26 pm
I don’t know that I do that…Obviously AD is better, but I don’t think banking on him staying healthy is smart for this team.
That would be my own big hesitation on it too. At some point, you can't trade away all your best players that stay healthy. I would love for DA to just start to figure out the spacing and timing on making himself available in the paint. Half the time I think he does it, so that he doesn't get the ball.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

TOO

Post by TOO »

Also wonder if Draymond will be on the radar if they do move off of Ayton.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:11 pm
I think it’s fairly likely Ayton is traded in the offseason. If we can get 3 rotation guys for him it might be smart. Now that goes out the window if he looks good and we win the title.
I miss Jeremy too. Are you sending the bat signal?
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Split T wrote:
I think it’s fairly likely Ayton is traded in the offseason.
Nah, you don't break up a team that just won the title.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Haha…he’s just our only real trade asset at this point. Paul won’t have much value and Booker/Durant is our team. If depth is an issue, moving Ayton for multiple pieces could help. Though if Ayton shows he’s valuable enough that the depth doesn’t matter, let’s keep him around. These playoffs will be very interesting.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:26 pm
Split T wrote:
You do if you think you can improve the team, especially if Ayton wasn't a massive factor. Now if he puts up 20/10 every game and just makes himself a huge problem for the opponents on both ends, then you keep him. If you can improve your overall roster and still get 12/9 from the C position while adding ball handling and shooting you absolutely do it.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TOO wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:45 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Split T wrote:
You do if you think you can improve the team, especially if Ayton wasn't a massive factor. Now if he puts up 20/10 every game and just makes himself a huge problem for the opponents on both ends, then you keep him. If you can improve your overall roster and still get 12/9 from the C position while adding ball handling and shooting you absolutely do it.
I think you're taking Marty's post in the wrong spirit. It's all about the fact that we won the title.
"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Split T wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:28 pm
Haha…he’s just our only real trade asset at this point. Paul won’t have much value and Booker/Durant is our team. If depth is an issue, moving Ayton for multiple pieces could help. Though if Ayton shows he’s valuable enough that the depth doesn’t matter, let’s keep him around. These playoffs will be very interesting.
There are a few teams I could see being interested in Paul because they're ready to level up (Wizards, Bulls, Magic, Spurs, Rockets) or want to upgrade the PG spot (Heat, Lakers, Minnesota, Clips, New Orleans to varying degrees). There may be some depth trades we can make there if that's the route we want to go. It would be great if we had a backup who could seamlessly step into the starting role, but I don't have any faith in Payne.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:27 pm
TOO wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
Split T wrote:
I think you're taking Marty's post in the wrong spirit. It's all about the fact that we won the title.
I read it just fine. If they win a title and Ayton is a minimal factor, I am still trading that albatross deal as soon as possible. Which is what I just said.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TOO wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:37 pm
Superbone wrote:
TOO wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
Split T wrote:
I read it just fine. If they win a title and Ayton is a minimal factor, I am still trading that albatross deal as soon as possible. Which is what I just said.
You do you. :lol:
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone wrote:
Yeah, I wasn't especially making any comment about trading Ayton. I just wanted to make a post implying that we will win the title this year. :-)

As for Ayton, his future depends on his play. If he's a great fit for the Book/Durant/CP3 core, sure, keep him. If he doesn't contribute much, you maybe look to move him for a better use of that salary. I generally hope he plays well and that we keep him. I think it's likely that he will round out the starting lineup, giving us interior defense and making it possible for us to slow down the elite bigs like Jokic, Embiid, Giannis. If he gives us that kind of defense, 12-15 rebounds, and 15-20 points, I'm very happy. Even if the points are lower, if he gives me the rest at an elite level, I say keep him.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:34 pm
Superbone wrote:
Yeah, I wasn't especially making any comment about trading Ayton. I just wanted to make a post implying that we will win the title this year. :-)

As for Ayton, his future depends on his play. If he's a great fit for the Book/Durant/CP3 core, sure, keep him. If he doesn't contribute much, you maybe look to move him for a better use of that salary. I generally hope he plays well and that we keep him. I think it's likely that he will round out the starting lineup, giving us interior defense and making it possible for us to slow down the elite bigs like Jokic, Embiid, Giannis. If he gives us that kind of defense, 12-15 rebounds, and 15-20 points, I'm very happy. Even if the points are lower, if he gives me the rest at an elite level, I say keep him.
I agree. Title or not, if you're not getting elite production from a non premium position you are paying a premium for, you move in a different direction. It's not personal, it's just good business.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

TOO wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:41 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:34 pm
Superbone wrote:

I agree. Title or not, if you're not getting elite production from a non premium position you are paying a premium for, you move in a different direction. It's not personal, it's just good business.
There are actually quite a few teams I could see being interested in flipping their center + wing depth for Ayton in the offseason.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

OK, fine, you twisted my arm. I'll take Alperen Sengun and Tari Eason for him.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:52 pm
OK, fine, you twisted my arm. I'll take Alperen Sengun and Tari Eason for him.
Sold!

And boy if you think Ayton seemed disinterested here, Houston would destroy that poor guy.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Ehhh, not that big of fan of Alperen Sengun. He’s talented offensively but he is just dog shit defensively, I get a lot of Enes Kanter vibes from him.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya I’d worry about him…I’d rather do something like Ayton to Atlanta for Capela and a wing(Hunter or Bey)

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Wally_West wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:24 am
Ehhh, not that big of fan of Alperen Sengun. He’s talented offensively but he is just dog shit defensively, I get a lot of Enes Kanter vibes from him.
Enes Kanter? :lol: C'mon Wally...

He's 20 years old. More like young Jokic.

Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.