Game Day: Thunder (28-30) @ Suns (32-28), Fri 2/24/23

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: Game Day: Thunder (28-30) @ Suns (32-28), Fri 2/24/23

Post by Split T »

specialsauce wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:26 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:45 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:19 pm
I’m almost positive the diuretic was to mask weed, which shows a pattern of dependence where it is interfering with work and also a really stupid decision

I’m not positive all conjecture on this one but I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the laissez-faire games are because of it.

It’s a substance abuse issue. If Booker showed up to the games drunk or had to be suspended for it, it’s an issue the same.
I don't think you have quite enough evidence to convince a jury here or anything. The guy may smoke some ganja from time to time, but it's far from clear that this is the cause of his sometimes inconsistent play. Also, you're going at the guy after he had a pretty impressive February.
I’m not trying to convince a jury and I’m not one to make claims of knowing things on the inside commonly, but I can say I’m very confident in that first paragraph
Wasn’t the punishment for the diuretic bigger than the one for weed? DA hasn’t always made the best decisions, but that doesn’t seem smart. I feel like it’s possible he was trying to cut weight for training camp as well.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:25 am
specialsauce wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:26 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:45 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:19 pm
I’m almost positive the diuretic was to mask weed, which shows a pattern of dependence where it is interfering with work and also a really stupid decision

I’m not positive all conjecture on this one but I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the laissez-faire games are because of it.

It’s a substance abuse issue. If Booker showed up to the games drunk or had to be suspended for it, it’s an issue the same.
I don't think you have quite enough evidence to convince a jury here or anything. The guy may smoke some ganja from time to time, but it's far from clear that this is the cause of his sometimes inconsistent play. Also, you're going at the guy after he had a pretty impressive February.
I’m not trying to convince a jury and I’m not one to make claims of knowing things on the inside commonly, but I can say I’m very confident in that first paragraph
Wasn’t the punishment for the diuretic bigger than the one for weed? DA hasn’t always made the best decisions, but that doesn’t seem smart. I feel like it’s possible he was trying to cut weight for training camp as well.
Yes which made it such a dumb decision

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Well, if that is true, good news they don’t test for weed anymore lol