Game Day: Suns (33-29) @ Hornets (20-43), Wed 3/1/23

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
TOO

Re: Game Day: Suns (33-29) @ Hornets (20-43), Wed 3/1/23

Post by TOO »

INFORMER wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:18 pm
In2ition wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:13 pm
She's better than Doris Burke, imo. Burke acts like she birthed each and every one of the Laker's players or Warrior's players. It's disgusting how much love she gives them while ignoring the other team.
I haven't noticed any undue adulation for either team, but in general, I think she is one of the best color commentators. She knows her stuff, and she isn't caught up in trying to be cute or funny; it's just straight basketball analysis.
I tend to agree she tends to get overly excited about certain teams as well. I don't enjoy her either, but that goes for most of the ESPN color guys.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Drysdale is just boring. She brings no insight or humor to the broadcast.

I don't particularly care about the national broadcast analysts. They're all fine with exception of Reggie Miller and his hyperbolic nonsense.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I like the new guy Redick.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

JJ Reddick is really good if you enjoy actual analysis. I think he unfortunately skews a bit too far on the technical side for the casual viewer. He's probably best in a 3-person broadcast with someone like Richard Jefferson.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Reddick has an amazing podcast and YouTube channel.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

TOO

Post by TOO »

JJ Redick is tremendous.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

TOO wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:55 pm
INFORMER wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:18 pm
In2ition wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:13 pm
She's better than Doris Burke, imo. Burke acts like she birthed each and every one of the Laker's players or Warrior's players. It's disgusting how much love she gives them while ignoring the other team.
I haven't noticed any undue adulation for either team, but in general, I think she is one of the best color commentators. She knows her stuff, and she isn't caught up in trying to be cute or funny; it's just straight basketball analysis.
I tend to agree she tends to get overly excited about certain teams as well. I don't enjoy her either, but that goes for most of the ESPN color guys.
I don't doubt her basketball knowledge, but the constant gushing about certain teams and players is a bit over the top. I'm sure that ingratiates her to these stars though.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

I don't mind Burke, but she does occasionally get overenthusiastic about star players/teams.

Somebody mentioned Meyers-Drysdale. She's a nice lady whose shelf life as an announcer may be reaching an expiration date. She mispronounces names and is a bit too homerish ... she said Landale had a great game against Charlotte (Landale played a decent first half, but struggled mightily in the second half).
The Suns had Skylar Diggins-Smith for commentary for a few games last season, and I thought she was good. Unfortunately, every time she did a game, Meyers-Drysdale also was on hand ... I guess management didn't want to snub her. It was a bit awkward ...
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?