Suns News: Week 21 (3/6 - 3/12)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
ShelC

Re: Suns News: Week 21 (3/6 - 3/12)

Post by ShelC »

Maybe I missed something but we have a doctor on twitter diagnosing an injury just the same. If Moore heard things from the org and reported, why shoot the messenger? He said Durant was leaving the arena in a boot and there's fear he could miss 4-6 weeks (the rest of the regular season). Is that really out of line?

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Greg Moore loving the smell of his own farts this morning.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

ShelC wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:58 pm
Maybe I missed something but we have a doctor on twitter diagnosing an injury just the same. If Moore heard things from the org and reported, why shoot the messenger? He said Durant was leaving the arena in a boot and there's fear he could miss 4-6 weeks (the rest of the regular season). Is that really out of line?
Fans don't agree with information: "Who TF is this idiot? Nobody likes him. He's just making shit up. Clickbait. He's not a doctor".
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:26 pm
ShelC wrote:
Fans don't agree with information: "Who TF is this idiot? Nobody likes him. He's just making shit up. Clickbait. He's not a doctor".
The doctor on Twitter is an idiot too going for followers. You can’t predict how long someone is out based on that video. Some people roll and are fine and others end up with severe sprains. It’s ridiculous.

If Duane Rankin reported that was the fear in the organization, I’d buy it because he’s been a reputable guy with AZCentral.

Greg Moore is a tool and nobody on the team likes him. I have no idea how he still is employed,
And this has nothing to do with KDs injury

Split T

Post by Split T »

Also the people in the organization could be anyone…Moore doesn’t say who and if it’s someone who’s not part of the medical staff they are just guessing like everyone else.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Well of fucking course there’s “fear in the organization” before examinations have been done. There’s fear here too. It’s to be expected. It’s what happens when you don’t know anything.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

It's the same as any reporter using "team sources", "league sources". Could be anyone.

But again, given the timing of the injury I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that the Suns hold KD out for the rest of the regular season or that he'll need that much time to be 100%. If he tweaked it during a game and was forced to leave the game early, it might be a 2-3week injury regardless and we know the Suns usually keep guys out longer just to be sure.

FWIW, I don't know Moore or read his stuff. Just seems like Suns Twitter is on the attack because they don't like him and the info he provided.

Split T

Post by Split T »

He just has a history of not being very good. He asks stupid questions, nobody seems to like him. I have a hard time believing someone would leak real info to him.

Also it just seems so premature to say he’s going to miss the rest of the regular season…from an ankle sprain? That he got right up from and kept warming up? I’m not saying it 100% won’t happen, but it’s kind of a crazy leap to jump to without any actual info. There’s someone else saying he’s gonna play Saturday. Truth is no one has a clue and I just don’t get jumping to conclusions without any knowledge.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I think I read there's no practice today so does that mean no update on the MRI results/diagnosis?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

If it was Mikal Gumby Bridges, he wouldn't have missed a minute. I'm not trying to argue that it was or wasn't a good trade, but if we are basing it on production so far, the Suns should have been the ones that got the 4 1st. I say that tongue in cheek.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

SunsSince92 wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:36 pm
Superbone wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:40 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:29 pm
ShelC wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:45 am
I'm just ready for him to miss the rest of the regular season. Maybe 3-4 weeks of rest/treatment and 2 weeks of "ramp up". Worst case is missing the first round so hopefully it won't come to that.
That would be a pretty bad worst case - it may mean the Suns missing the second round.
Or steamrolling the league with what we've got and getting even more powerful in the playoffs.
I'm trying to remain optimistic but I don't see us steamrolling the league with what we've got. Our starting lineup minus KD is now weaker than last season, and we all know how that ended. We obviously don't know the extent of the injury at the moment but if it sidelines KD into the post season i think we're probably toast in the first/second round.
I was just counterpointing with best case.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:54 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:27 am
specialsauce wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:33 am
Wally_West wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:29 am
I have no idea who Greg Moore is, safe to assume he’s known to be full of shit?
He’s a total loser on AZCentral that asks suns players annoying questions and is known for it. They dismiss him with “next question” fairly frequently
He's still getting paid by the Arizona Republic. It's not like he's writing for TMZ or friends with Flex. He's a reputable beat writer, regardless of if people like him or not.
He's not a beat writer. He's a columnist. And he's trash.
I'm not going to say he's trash but he's never had good Suns content. Plus, his commentary is always colored by his upbringing which I believe was as a fan of the Pistons. I remember him saying Jordan wasn't all that and I. Thomas should be getting more love.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:
According to whom?!
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

ShelC wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:45 pm
I think I read there's no practice today so does that mean no update on the MRI results/diagnosis?
That’s my expectation, but then again, it’s Kevin Durant. Wouldn’t be surprising if something leaked out today.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

He also plays the race card quite a bit in his articles. Sometimes he mentions good points in that area. Other times I feel like he's over the top and trying to stir the pot.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:34 pm
Well of fucking course there’s “fear in the organization” before examinations have been done. There’s fear here too. It’s to be expected. It’s what happens when you don’t know anything.
I believe there's a phrase, "Fear of the unknown."
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

When Greg Moore turns out to be right:

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Shabazz wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:20 pm
When Greg Moore turns out to be right:

Is it possible to downvote a post 🤬

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:58 pm
SunsSince92 wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:36 pm
Superbone wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:40 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:29 pm
ShelC wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:45 am
I'm just ready for him to miss the rest of the regular season. Maybe 3-4 weeks of rest/treatment and 2 weeks of "ramp up". Worst case is missing the first round so hopefully it won't come to that.
That would be a pretty bad worst case - it may mean the Suns missing the second round.
Or steamrolling the league with what we've got and getting even more powerful in the playoffs.
I'm trying to remain optimistic but I don't see us steamrolling the league with what we've got. Our starting lineup minus KD is now weaker than last season, and we all know how that ended. We obviously don't know the extent of the injury at the moment but if it sidelines KD into the post season i think we're probably toast in the first/second round.
I was just counterpointing with best case.
I know y'all are just playing, but I do think we can get to 50 wins without KD. And 50 might be enough for 2nd in the West.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan