Suns News: Week 24 (3/27 - 4/2)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Suns News: Week 24 (3/27 - 4/2)

Post by Mori Chu »

Last Week's Games
Wed, Mar 22 @ LA Lakers Loss 122 - 111
Friday, Mar 24 @ Sacramento Loss 135 - 127
Sat, Mar 25 vs Philadelphia WIN! 125-105

This Week's Games
Mon, Mar 27, 6:00 PM MST @ Jazz: Bally Sports AZ
Wed, Mar 29 7:00 PM MST vs Timberwolves: ESPN, Bally Sports AZ
Fri, Mar 31 7:30 PM MST vs Nuggets: NBA TV, Bally Sports AZ
Sun, Apr 2 4:00 PM MST @ Thunder: Bally Sports AZ

Suns Stories
TODO

Power Rankings

CBS Sports
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/powerrankings/
Suns #13 (-2) - The Suns lost road games to the Lakers and Kings to start the week, before returning home to beat the 76ers on Saturday. Kevin Durant could return as soon as Wednesday, with Phoenix gearing up for what it hopes is a lengthy postseason run.

ClutchPoints
https://clutchpoints.com/nba-power-rank ... cks-sixers
13. Phoenix Suns (-4)
Life without Kevin Durant has been a struggle for the Suns. They’ve lost three of their last four games, including going .500 this month. Don’t be surprised if the Clippers and Warriors overtake the Suns in the coming weeks.

carey

Re: Suns News: Week 24 (3/27 - 4/2)

Post by carey »

Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

LETS. FUCKING. GO.

I probably don't need to announce it, but KD is my favorite non-Suns player in a long while. It's Must See TV for me every time he puts on a Suns uniform.

The optimist in me - KD is capable of being the best player in the world on any given night, so the ceiling is the roof for the Suns right now.

The pessimist in me - It took a good 5 games for the Suns to figure out their rotation when KD went out with the ankle injury, so there's going to be an adjustment with no margin for error.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:52 am
LETS. FUCKING. GO.

I probably don't need to announce it, but KD is my favorite non-Suns player in a long while. It's Must See TV for me every time he puts on a Suns uniform.

The optimist in me - KD is capable of being the best player in the world on any given night, so the ceiling is the roof for the Suns right now.

The pessimist in me - It took a good 5 games for the Suns to figure out their rotation when KD went out with the ankle injury, so there's going to be an adjustment with no margin for error.
Hate to break it to you but KD IS a Phoenix Suns player. ;)
"Be Legendary."

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

This month has kinda reminded me of when Book was out
Some flashes of what we could be mixed in with stretches of miserable play and some Ls

Then we got back healthy as a team and took off

Can't fault anyone with concerns about synergy of the team playing with KD and settling on rotations but as I shared in a previous thread. No KD injury looks like TJ never becomes a possible rotation piece, Payne was also trying to find himself so benefited from the added opportunities

It's only been a couple games but isn't it safe to say we might be feeling a lil better about support cast than we did before ?

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

So with that trio Payne / TJ / Ross in a decent rhythm here of late getting put with KD in those 2nd quarter lineups should be solid.

We all assumed there would be 2 of our "4" on the court at all times but Monty was playing KD with four bench guys quite a bit. Jock had a good chemistry building with KD, could also trot out Ish to guard opposing forward and the much maligned bench unit might actually do alright going forward :oops: :oops:

Split T

Post by Split T »

The playoffs is when I think we see the 2 of the top 4 at all times. Though I do think making sure one of Book or KD is on the court will be the bigger deal. Might see them without the other 3 for short stretches.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:24 am
This month has kinda reminded me of when Book was out
Some flashes of what we could be mixed in with stretches of miserable play and some Ls

Then we got back healthy as a team and took off

Can't fault anyone with concerns about synergy of the team playing with KD and settling on rotations but as I shared in a previous thread. No KD injury looks like TJ never becomes a possible rotation piece, Payne was also trying to find himself so benefited from the added opportunities

It's only been a couple games but isn't it safe to say we might be feeling a lil better about support cast than we did before ?

For the last 2.5 (1st half), yes.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Ross and TJ have started to find their spots more within the offense. Defense will always be an issue, especially for Ross, but at least TJ has been crashing the glass really well recently. It would be huge if he can replicate some of the stuff we usually get from Craig or Ish with the scoring and ball handling upside.

Monty has a tough job on his hands trying to find the right minutes and matchups for the bench guys. I'm sure there will be a lot of people whining when the Suns lose a game because "Player X got too many minutes over Player Y" without acknowledging how difficult it'll be to get that stuff right every single game.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

The next game for the Phoenix Suns is against the Minnesota Timberwolves on Wednesday, March 29, 2023 at 7:00 PM at the Footprint Center¹. The Suns are currently second in the Pacific Division with a record of 40-35, while the Timberwolves are fourth in the Northwest Division with a record of 39-37¹. Both teams have some injuries to deal with: Kevin Durant is a game-time decision for the Suns, while Karl-Anthony Towns, Matt Ryan and Taurean Prince are game-time decisions for the Timberwolves¹.

Based on their recent performances and head-to-head matchups, I predict that the Suns will win this game by a narrow margin. The Suns have won four of their last five games, while the Timberwolves have lost three of their last five games²³⁴. The Suns also have a slight edge over the Timberwolves in their season series, winning two out of three games so far²³⁴. However, the Timberwolves have been playing well at home, winning 10 of their last 12 games at the Target Center⁴. The Suns will have to rely on their defense and three-point shooting to overcome the Timberwolves' balanced offense and rebounding⁵.

I hope this helps you prepare for the next Phoenix Suns game. Go Suns! 🔥
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:01 pm
The next game for the Phoenix Suns is against the Minnesota Timberwolves on Wednesday, March 29, 2023 at 7:00 PM at the Footprint Center¹. The Suns are currently second in the Pacific Division with a record of 40-35, while the Timberwolves are fourth in the Northwest Division with a record of 39-37¹. Both teams have some injuries to deal with: Kevin Durant is a game-time decision for the Suns, while Karl-Anthony Towns, Matt Ryan and Taurean Prince are game-time decisions for the Timberwolves¹.

Based on their recent performances and head-to-head matchups, I predict that the Suns will win this game by a narrow margin. The Suns have won four of their last five games, while the Timberwolves have lost three of their last five games²³⁴. The Suns also have a slight edge over the Timberwolves in their season series, winning two out of three games so far²³⁴. However, the Timberwolves have been playing well at home, winning 10 of their last 12 games at the Target Center⁴. The Suns will have to rely on their defense and three-point shooting to overcome the Timberwolves' balanced offense and rebounding⁵.

You and your chatGPT :lol:

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Kryptonic wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:34 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:01 pm

You and your chatGPT :lol:
Wonky. The Wolves at home stuff is irrelevant as the game is in Phoenix. ChatGPT won't be replacing my game day threads any time soon.
"Be Legendary."

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

It's getting better! No more Tony Snell, aka Tony Buckets! And it knows KD is questionable. Before we know it, ChatGPT will be playing the games we watch while the players are looking for jobs.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Plot twist: AiG is actually having his tweets ghost-written by Magic Johnson.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I know the ole man drives most on here crazy every game night but....

There's All Time Great, Superstar/ All-Star (lots of gray area) then Trash/ Washed
I have my wdh CP3 moments too but honestly have other things that concern me more than him. He's still very useful, somewhere in that gray area...... 🤷🏾‍♂️😳

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

IMO after an adjustment of expectations, CP3 is delivering just fine. If you want CP3 from two years ago, you will be disappointed. But if you want a heady PG, a great passer who can also hit some 3s and jumpers, and who plays good defense getting a lot of steals, Paul can still deliver that. Most of his numbers have fallen, but he still makes good decisions and takes great care of the ball. He's probably not worth his salary any more, but we could do a lot worse as our starting PG.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Draymond Green or Marcus Morris, which do you least want to watch do some dumb shit that injures a Suns player?

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

🧐🤐🤓

Split T

Post by Split T »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:04 pm
Draymond Green or Marcus Morris, which do you least want to watch do some dumb shit that injures a Suns player?
Marcus Morris got benched recently… I think if it was up to me I’d prefer the clippers. But I mostly just want to be healthy and get our rhythm. I don’t think either LAC or GS can beat us if we do. Especially not if Wiggins and PG are out.