2023 Suns General Offseason/PostSeason News Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Kryptonic

Re: 2023 Suns General Offseason/PostSeason News Thread

Post by Kryptonic »

My bad
Last edited by Kryptonic on Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I think the message you're quoting was talking about Payne's contract.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Yeah I was responding to the “we did Payne dirty” post.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

If there were any doubt that the Suns hit the jackpot with Ishbia as the new owner...

https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2023 ... ers-ishbia

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Nodack wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:01 am
JeremyG wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:59 pm
I'm genuinely curious about the tendency of most Suns fans to feel like they have to be in favor of, defend, or eventually come around to, basically every move the front office makes. Is there a reason why this is the case?
Not a single fan has any input whatsoever into player personnel moves of the Suns because they don’t own the team. The Suns are a product. They are entertainment like going to a concert to see your favorite band. I like a lot of bands but, I don’t like every single song they all do. You can choose to watch/listen to them and support them or not. One song I don’t like isn’t going to make me not like them anymore. I’m not going to go on a forum of the bands fans and start complaining about that song. The bands album went platinum, there were several hits and they sold out every concert. The song won a Grammy. The band I am talking about is fictitious. I am just trying to give my perspective.

You have absolutely no control over anything that happens with the Suns. I have been a fan since the 80’s and have seen roster change after roster change. I have had these same discussions about many players that have come and gone. The bus is heading into a snow storm and you aren’t driving. Sometimes it’s just better to have a seat, put on your headphones and stop stressing out the driver. 😀
I see it more as if you're a fan, you want success for the team or individual in question. So to take the music artist analogy, I wouldn't compare it to complaining about a particular song of theirs (that would be more like complaining about a particular player on a team...which I've seen people go on a forum and do a lot :P).

I have worked in close association with a certain recording artist for years, and her large online fanbase is always criticizing her label for preventing her from being as successful as she could be. That would be the more appropiate analogy, imo; being criticial of those in charge of making decisions that affect the success of the organization or individual.
Last edited by JeremyG on Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Suns and Mercury really about to have their own Campus lol. So cool to have an owner with big boy money.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

virtual9mm wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:34 am
If there were any doubt that the Suns hit the jackpot with Ishbia as the new owner...

https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2023 ... ers-ishbia
Now Suns players will be jealous of the Mercury players--he's spending more on their facility than Sarver did on the Suns one. :lol:

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wow, Ishbia is quickly becoming the Phoenix GOAT. Colangelo better watch out! Wasn't the current practice facility supposed to be for both teams? The wording on the new one makes it sounds like the Suns could work out there too but then other stuff says it's the Mercury's facility. Anyway, great for our professional basketball teams in the Valley.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:00 am
Wow, Ishbia is quickly becoming the Phoenix GOAT. Colangelo better watch out! Wasn't the current practice facility supposed to be for both teams? The wording on the new one makes it sounds like the Suns could work out there too but then other stuff says it's the Mercury's facility. Anyway, great for our professional basketball teams in the Valley.
Yeah, the Mercury currently share the facility with the Suns. From what I read, the new practice facility is just for the Mercury, and the Suns will keep their current one. But there will be a headquarters adjacent to the new Mercury practice facility for both the Suns and Mercury (offices for employees, etc.).

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:30 pm
Superbone wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:00 am
Yeah, the Mercury currently share the facility with the Suns. From what I read, the new practice facility is just for the Mercury, and the Suns will keep their current one. But there will be a headquarters adjacent to the new Mercury practice facility for both the Suns and Mercury (offices for employees, etc.).
Thanks for the clarification. Hopefully, the Suns' is just as nice.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

So, the Suns organization management is all going to be near the Mecury facility? What's going to happen to the offices at the Footprint Center? It seems weird that they would have 3 separate spaces.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:31 pm
So, the Suns organization management is all going to be near the Mecury facility? What's going to happen to the offices at the Footprint Center? It seems weird that they would have 3 separate spaces.
According to the ESPN article:
Moving the teams' offices out of the Footprint Center will open up space for new fan experiences and services on game nights. The arena, which opened in 1992 and was last renovated in 2020, is one of the NBA's smallest by square footage.
The new Suns and Mercury headquarters will be 63,000 square feet and feature employee amenities including indoor and outdoor basketball courts, an arcade, a pickleball court, a putting green, workout facilities and a kitchen. Also planned is a team shop and a visual presentation of the Suns' and Mercury's rings of honor.
https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/38 ... ty-hq-suns

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Just in case anyone wants to get in on the bid

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Kinda wish they would have went black instead of purple (to show off the fading outlines of el valle better… kinda gets lost against the purple). Think it would have popped better. The turquoise feels out of place, like it was left overs from the dbacks jersey ideas. Maybe it will grow on me over time. 6/10

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I just watched a 60 Minutes piece on Rich Paul. Him getting Bledsoe his 70 million dollar contract from the Suns was his turning point. The original offer from the Suns was 28 million. What a fool Sarver was.

"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Kryptonic wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:25 am
Kinda wish they would have went black instead of purple (to show off the fading outlines of el valle better… kinda gets lost against the purple). Think it would have popped better. The turquoise feels out of place, like it was left overs from the dbacks jersey ideas. Maybe it will grow on me over time. 6/10
Kinda wish they would’ve taken this and thrown it in the trash with the rest of the non purple/orange/black Suns jerseys.

It’s the Phoenix Suns. Not El Valle. Not Los Suns. Not Turquoise whatever the fuck last years thing was.

I’m all for heritage nights. Hand out memorabilia. Have a flare with the music, food, entertainment, etc. Leave the jerseys the fuck alone.

And fucking zoom out on the practice videos.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

specialsauce wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:38 pm
Kryptonic wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:25 am
Kinda wish they would’ve taken this and thrown it in the trash with the rest of the non purple/orange/black Suns jerseys.

It’s the Phoenix Suns. Not El Valle. Not Los Suns. Not Turquoise whatever the fuck last years thing was.

I’m all for heritage nights. Hand out memorabilia. Have a flare with the music, food, entertainment, etc. Leave the jerseys the fuck alone.

And fucking zoom out on the practice videos.

"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Had to get it all out lol

MightyMoog

Post by MightyMoog »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:05 pm
I just watched a 60 Minutes piece on Rich Paul. Him getting Bledsoe his 70 million dollar contract from the Suns was his turning point. The original offer from the Suns was 28 million. What a fool Sarver was.
Sarver was thirsty for Lebron. Lebron and Rich basically clowned him like something out of a 90’s teen movie.