2023 General Offseason/PostSeason League News

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Kryptonic

Re: 2023 General Offseason/PostSeason League News

Post by Kryptonic »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:47 am
This is such a tough question
Haha :twisted: :lol:

No jj reddick? I think he’s probably the best right now. The worst would be skip…. Can’t stand that guy.

pickle

Post by pickle »

That’s the point I suppose … none of these guys are known for their deep insights.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

It's just a sign that the sports media has gravitated toward hiring blowhards rather than insightful basketball analysts. I like some of those guys, Barkley foremost, but he often shows up unprepared and doesn't know much about new players and recent changes in the league. Oh well. He's still entertaining on Inside the NBA, but he may have inspired a lot of these other knuckleheads.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Something tells me this is going to be one of those situations where everyone acts like things are cool but there's underlying tension that's palpable. Hopefully it derails their season.

Last edited by ShelC on Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

ShelC wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:27 am
Something tells me this is going to be one of those situations where everyone acts like things are cool but there's underlying tension that's palpable. Hopefully it derails their season.

Well at least they haven’t thrown blows….YET. Paul better call Jake and up his insurance policy.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Kenrich Williams fits in the Payne TPE. Tre Mann fits in either TPE. I’d definitely be calling OKC to see if we can offload some of their players. They’ve got 21 under contract. Will have to cut 6 before opening day.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Isaiah Joe plz
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

MightyMoog

Post by MightyMoog »

Kenrich Williams is the new Nick Collison. He’s not going anywhere.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

ShelC wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:27 am

So let me get this straight: they gave away draft capital to get rid of a guy Draymond didn't like in order to bring in a guy that Draymond doesn't like?

Something tells me the Mike Dunleavy Jr. era isn't going to last for long...
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

Split T wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:58 am

Kenrich Williams fits in the Payne TPE. Tre Mann fits in either TPE. I’d definitely be calling OKC to see if we can offload some of their players. They’ve got 21 under contract. Will have to cut 6 before opening day.
I could see Tre Mann filling a nice role here.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I'm surprised GSW has kept Draymond. I know they don't want to break up that team, but he's becoming a distraction and is a bit past his prime. I think they would be wise to cash out on him while they still can.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:47 am
This is such a tough question
Haha :twisted: :lol:

That's easy. None of the 3 are shown in those photos.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Chris Vernon made a good point on the mismatch pod…suns have 11 guys on minimum deals(or basically minimum deals) and thinks the suns will win the mid-season tournament. No other team will have as many players where the $500,000 prize means as much. Let’s win it for all the guys who took the minimum here. It’s like a 20-25% raise for those guys.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Split T wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 1:13 pm
Chris Vernon made a good point on the mismatch pod…suns have 11 guys on minimum deals(or basically minimum deals) and thinks the suns will win the mid-season tournament. No other team will have as many players where the $500,000 prize means as much. Let’s win it for all the guys who took the minimum here. It’s like a 20-25% raise for those guys.
That's an interesting point. $500k is not pocket change if you signed a minimum deal. We'll also win the mid-season tournament because we'll be the best team in the league. There, I said it!! :)

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I’m just not ready for the slander that’s headed our way when we win the mid-season tournament but not the title.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Shabazz wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:36 am
I’m just not ready for the slander that’s headed our way when we win the mid-season tournament but not the title.
Better hang a fuckin banner if we do too. Just for the banter.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

May I please retract my statement saying I wouldn't mind the Suns signing Howard? :shock:
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Not surprising to see the Nuggets and Kings where they are. Surprised at the Cavs. We had the shooting but not the playmaking, which is funny considering CP was our PG but the offense also got bogged down with ISO plays more and more.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

JeremyG wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:51 pm
May I please retract my statement saying I wouldn't mind the Suns signing Howard? :shock:
I don't care if he's into sex with transgenders. Different strokes for different folks, he can do what he wants in the privacy of his own home. But forcing a threesome with a stranger and his transgender role playing cosplay character is just weird and sexual assault.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton