2023 General Offseason/PostSeason League News

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Drewsprocket

Re: 2023 General Offseason/PostSeason League News

Post by Drewsprocket »

Dude is whining like he made it into the 50% 40% 90% club and didn’t get any cred.
Maybe he should check his playoffs shooting stats. Lol. Glad we never got him.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:32 pm

Dude is whining like he made it into the 50% 40% 90% club and didn’t get any cred.
Maybe he should check his playoffs shooting stats. Lol. Glad we never got him.
I checked out after “Pat Bev says…”

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

My favorite part is that Pat Bev and DLo couldn’t be any more different as NBA players.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I don't have a favorite part. I get sick as soon as I see PBs face and then scroll as fast as I can.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:13 pm
I don't have a favorite part. I get sick as soon as I see PBs face and then scroll as fast as I can.
The guy will find zero love here… that’s for sure.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

aaaand the tweet is gone
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Boo! Was kind of hoping we’d get him on a 2-way.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Is it just me or are the Warriors a play in team?

Split T

Post by Split T »

I feel like just about anyone could be a play-in team in the west with how deep it is. 1 injury and it could cost you.

Don’t know what to think about the Warriors tbh…I’m still not fully convinced they are keeping CP3 and not sure how he fits. I’m gonna have to see it.

Getting off to a hot start could be pretty big towards a high seed. Just about every team has injury concerns to key players and will most likely go through some tougher times.

Denver probably the safest team imo. We know they good and relatively low injury concerns.

I like our chances because having 3 stars softens the blow of 1 going out for awhile.

I would have been pretty high on Memphis in the regular season, but they will be without Ja for 25 games.

I think Sacramento might come down to earth a bit and will at least not be as healthy as last year.

Clippers and Lakers are both dangerous if healthy, but you know their stars won’t play a lot during the regular season. Pels are dangerous if Zion is healthy. Massive IF there though.

Thunder are a sneaky team. I think they go for it this year and they could have a Kings from last year type season.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

You just rattled off 9 good teams and didn't mention Dallas and Utah, who both got better and Minnesota, who may improve just by virtue of Ant taking another step. And I didn't disagree with any of the 9 you listed.

I just don't see it with the Warriors. They lost Poole and DDV and brought in CP, Saric and Cory Joseph (when is he playing?), which seems like a net downgrade. The Paul trade was a salary move as he's a poor stylistic fit, Draymond and Klay are on the downward curve, they seem to have blown Kuminga and Moody's development and their tallest player is Dario. They seem to be heavily relying on another magical Steph season to be competitive. I don't know. They just don't seem that impressive and someone has to be bad.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I did forget about Dallas, haha…but they did fail to make even the play-in last year.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Split T wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 5:07 pm
I feel like just about anyone could be a play-in team in the west with how deep it is. 1 injury and it could cost you.

Don’t know what to think about the Warriors tbh…I’m still not fully convinced they are keeping CP3 and not sure how he fits. I’m gonna have to see it.

Getting off to a hot start could be pretty big towards a high seed. Just about every team has injury concerns to key players and will most likely go through some tougher times.

Denver probably the safest team imo. We know they good and relatively low injury concerns.

I like our chances because having 3 stars softens the blow of 1 going out for awhile.

I would have been pretty high on Memphis in the regular season, but they will be without Ja for 25 games.

I think Sacramento might come down to earth a bit and will at least not be as healthy as last year.

Clippers and Lakers are both dangerous if healthy, but you know their stars won’t play a lot during the regular season. Pels are dangerous if Zion is healthy. Massive IF there though.

Thunder are a sneaky team. I think they go for it this year and they could have a Kings from last year type season.

Low injury concerns? This was their first healthy year in 3 years.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Michael Porter's back is always an injury concern.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:40 pm
I did forget about Dallas, haha…but they did fail to make even the play-in last year.
They finished the season miserably.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Well to be fair, Jamal Murray had 1 injury that covered 2 years. Not sure he needs to be considered an injury risk. MPJ sure, but compared to other teams they are relatively safe. Jokic has stayed healthy and proven he can carry a team by himself to a good regular season record.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Shabazz wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:17 pm
Chris Paul is a problem for them and it’ll cost them seeding until they trade or buy him out.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:18 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:17 pm
Chris Paul is a problem for them and it’ll cost them seeding until they trade or buy him out.
I still get this feeling cp3 will be a laker at some point. Just seems like it’s destined to happen.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I wonder if the Wolves would move KAT for CP3/Kuminga/Picks. It gets them off that massive deal, gets them a nice young wing prospect and CP3/Conley can split the 48 minutes at pg and can try and get Rudy easy looks.

I just still think GS will look to flip CP3 for a piece that fits better.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »