The Chris Paul Appreciation Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
ShelC

Re: The Chris Paul Appreciation Thread

Post by ShelC »

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Lol

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

That clip is basically what it looks like when I play against 18 Korean kids. I'm slow and can barely jump over a court marking, but I know what they're doing 3 seconds before they know themselves. I guess I've reached the old man phase of my game.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Sunsfan4life wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:31 pm
Playing wise..game 6 against the Pels is 1 that stands out.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

The trade sending Chris Paul to the Warriors was officially completed today. He makes his full $30.8M this season.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

1tinsoldier

Post by 1tinsoldier »

CP definitely deserves the ring of honor
in his 2 years he led us further than we've been in decades
and to our best record ever

i was always partial to point guards, and we've had the best

It was Paul's decision making that in the final 6 that was our best asset in those 2 epic winning seasons. I'm very skeptical about how we're going to finish games with the ball in Booker's hands the last 6 minutes of our games unless he develops a pass-first mentality with this offensive lineup.

Split T

Post by Split T »

The problem is Paul only lasted 1.9 years…year 1 was phenomenal and almost all of year 2 was as well, but he went out with a wimper in that Dallas series. Year 3 was a mixed bag and he wasn’t there again in the playoffs. I don’t think that’s ring of honor worthy to me. Had we won the 2021 title? Then yes, put him in, but 1 finals run and 1 record setting regular season followed by a playoff flameout isn’t enough for me.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Paul, like Barkley, wasn't a Sun for very many years. But Barkley deserves RoH while CP3 does not, in my opinion. They both helped lead us to the Finals, but Barkley was here twice as long, and Barkley WAS that mid-90s Suns squad; larger than life, a commanding figure on and off the court. A league MVP, for Pete's sake. Paul was maybe our 2nd or 3rd best player, a key contributor, but not our leader and not here for very long. Also, Barkley is best known as a Sun while CP3 is probably best known as a Clipper.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Barkley is probably better known as a Sixer - his best statistical years were there and he played there twice as long. Plus, East Coast media bias. Barkley played 4 years and 280 regular season games, Paul played 3 years and 190 regular season games, so it wasn't really that much more. If you want to make the point that Barkley was a better player, that I would agree with. A better leader? That I wouldn't necessarily agree with. Paul is pretty respected as a teammate, had been the President of the player's union, and seen as one of the best candidates to become a coach among the league players. I'm not sure you can say the same thinga about Chuck - he was out of shape after that first season and eventually was just being a pain in the ass in an effort to be traded.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Split T

Post by Split T »

The MVP and the fact that Barkley gave us 4 good years is enough for me. CP3 was a lesser player(still really good) and only had 2 impactful year here. So half the impact as Barkley.

I think if CP3 would have been good last year and stayed 4 full years, I might think differently.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 1:40 pm
Paul, like Barkley, wasn't a Sun for very many years. But Barkley deserves RoH while CP3 does not, in my opinion. They both helped lead us to the Finals, but Barkley was here twice as long, and Barkley WAS that mid-90s Suns squad; larger than life, a commanding figure on and off the court. A league MVP, for Pete's sake. Paul was maybe our 2nd or 3rd best player, a key contributor, but not our leader and not here for very long. Also, Barkley is best known as a Sun while CP3 is probably best known as a Clipper.
We give one to cp3, might as well give one to shaq…. Neither is ring of honor worthy. Hall of famers for sure, but could argue they were HOFers before ever coming here and their impact is spotty during their tenure.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Kryptonic wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 2:41 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
We give one to cp3, might as well give one to shaq…. Neither is ring of honor worthy. Hall of famers for sure, but could argue they were HOFers before ever coming here and their impact is spotty during their tenure.
Agreed. I just hope we aren't saying the same thing about KD when all is said and done.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Is Amare even on the RoH yet?

Cap

Post by Cap »

Kryptonic wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
Look at the jerseys hung by the likes of the Lakers and the Celtics, and the thought of us raising one for Paul is hilariously pathetic.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

JeremyG wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:20 pm
Kryptonic wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
Agreed. I just hope we aren't saying the same thing about KD when all is said and done.
What if he brings the first ring to the valley? Seems like that would be the only way imho.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Hopefully when all's said and done, KD's jersey is hanging in the rafters right next to DeAndre Ayt... pfffffffhahahahaha I can't even say it.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:49 am
Hopefully when all's said and done, KD's jersey is hanging in the rafters right next to DeAndre Ayt... pfffffffhahahahaha I can't even say it.
😂

I’m willing to give DA a chance with Vogel… I’m on the 5th step of grieving our number 1 pick. Acceptance.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Kryptonic wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:06 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:49 am
😂

I’m willing to give DA a chance with Vogel… I’m on the 5th step of grieving our number 1 pick. Acceptance.
I’m still on Denial. Most of the board is on Bargaining.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Do we miss him now? Definitely think he’s the voice and ball handling we missed dearly this year.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Kryptonic wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:34 am
JeremyG wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:20 pm
Kryptonic wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
What if he brings the first ring to the valley? Seems like that would be the only way imho.
He won’t.