USA Basketball

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: USA Basketball

Post by Split T »

JeremyG wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am
What is Bradley Beal, chopped liver? :?

His Olympics stint was cut short last time because he caught Covid--I would think he would be one who would want to be able to actually play this time.
I don’t think not making the Olympics makes you chopped liver…but he has had two injury filled down years. If he bounces back he could certainly be under consideration.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

All I can say is if our entire top 5 are potentially playing all next summer then we better win the championship this year.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

6 - 2 Record and 5th place

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:44 pm
6 - 2 Record and 5th place

He's someone I'm watching in the OKC roster crunch. I don't think they'll waive him, but it's possible.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

JeremyG wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:42 pm
All I can say is if our entire top 5 are potentially playing all next summer then we better win the championship this year.
Winning a title this year reduces the likelihood that all of them play in the Olympics.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

In an imaginary timeline, this would be my 12-man roster for Paris in no particular order.

I'd replace JJJ for Embiid if he decided to play for the USA.

Guards
Steph Curry
Devin Booker
Damian Lillard
Anthony Edwards

Wings
LeBron James
Jimmy Butler
Mikal Bridges
Kevin Durant
Jason Tatum

Bigs
Anthony Davis
Bam Adebayo
Jaren Jackson Jr.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

A few more thoughts about the Paris squad..

If by some immaculate stroke of divine luck Kawhi Leonard was both healthy and eager to join this team, I'd have him replace Anthony Edwards. I'm sure a lot of people would say Edwards is the wrong cut, but I don't think this team would need his type of scoring. He'd really need to improve his playmaking and shot making in the next 10 months for him to take a spot from Lillard or Booker. It would be better to bring more defensive tools to the roster.

I'd want Kyrie Irving no where near this roster. He barely gives a shit about playing for millions of dollars in the NBA and is way too eager to bring outside issues into the basketball spotlight. I generally don't care about that stuff from him, he can have all the galaxy brained ideas he wants, but the Olympics is exactly the worst time to pull that card and I'd worry he wouldn't be able to control his own ego.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure how a healthy Draymond Green gets left off of this roster. Green being on the roster wouldn't concern me that much, but I think the problem will be his loud mouth demanding playing time when he's clearly not the best option anymore. My guess is that he'd probably take Jimmy Butler's spot because Jimmy doesn't seem like a team USA type of guy in the sense that he doesn't really buddy-buddy around with anyone. I can also see him taking the perspective that he's already won a gold medal and doesn't feel the need to go through it again as a 9th-12th guy on the roster.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Please no Book or KD … I know it’s an honor but I don’t want them to be hurt a month into the season in 2024.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

pickle wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:10 am
Please no Book or KD … I know it’s an honor but I don’t want them to be hurt a month into the season in 2024.
Especially KD…. Books still young and not as concerned about him.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

KD loves to hoop too much and with the whole Redeem Team 2.0 story plot that's building, can't see him not wanting in. Then ain't no way Book not going with him, plus remember Book experience it last Olympics and dare I say balled out and clearly took pride in putting on the jersey

I personally wouldn't like them go cause then I wouldn't be emotionally invested in the US games :twisted:

I'm already tired of the US gonna punk everyone narrative cause they're sending the bomb squad
Last Olympics final was 87-82 against France, tight game throughout
The legend squad everyone references with Kobes n Bron had to dig deep to beat Spain

So when ppl start talking like it's gonna be '92 Dream Team showtime or something I honestly laugh and low-key don't mind some humble pie being dished out.....

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I like it when the US is humbled.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Another way to look at things.
Last edited by Shabazz on Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

"FF" mentioned the need for couple glue guys
I can see the Draymond thing especially if Bron voice is loud (as usual)

Who would y'all say fit the role

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I think everyone's overreacting to a FIBA World Cup loss and overthinking this. Haberstroh's right. Replace Ja with either Fox/Kyrie/PG/Kawhi/Brown and that's your A+ team that isn't losing.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Tom is being so disrespectful to the team that just went all in an effort to exaggerate US dominance in basketball

Once they didn't win that team was always gonna get unfair criticism. I mean Team C and D ?? 😅🤣

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I’m skeptical LeBron actually sticks to this commitment. Like that time he announced he was going to do the dunk contest.

Let’s see how he feels after an 82 game season and playoffs.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Nah they'll all play in the Olympics. Biggest stage, last one for the older guys and LBJ loves being the center of the story. Plus if all those guys play, the workload won't be as bad.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I think the only way LeBron isn't in Paris is if he's recovering from an injury, which is entirely possible. He's squarely in the torn achilles tendon stage of his career.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »