Suns sign Anthony Tolliver

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Ring_Wanted

Re: Suns sign Anthony Tolliver

Post by Ring_Wanted »

If/when Ryan Anderson gets healthy I'd like to revisit those trade talks. Supposedly he'll be ready by training camp. I don't know if there's a deal to build, though. They have added Jimmer and already were guard heavy, but I guess they could use Green at the three.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I'm not sure why you would start your trade offer with Gerald Green. If they're moving Ryan Anderson, they would essentially only have Anthony Davis as the remaining power forward on the roster. So they would need to get a power forward back in the deal. Also, I think any deal would have to involve them reducing their payroll significantly.

But in general, I don't really see the need to pursue Anderson. He of course is a good fit in regards his ability to stretch the floor, but he doesn't really offer much besides that, and with the addition of Tolliver, I'm not sure that needs to be a priority when looking at potential trades.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Anderson is of course a sharpshooter PF and a surprisingly good offensive rebounder. Tolliver is a decent patch but Anderson is just in a different class if healthy. Ryno is probably the second best stretch PF with consolidated 3pt range, after Dirk.

Green is what it was rumored to be on the table, along with the #27. He is also an expiring contract and one of the two positions he plays in Phoenix is too crowded. The Pelicans have too many guards too, but are thinner than the Suns at SF. Cap wise a straight swap would save them quite a significant amount of money. Expiring 3.5 vs 2/17.

If they Pelicans would rather get a PF back there is plenty of room for a three way trade. Since we have Ennis, maybe the Raptors. They could send Hansbrough to NO, for instance. Or the Suns could put the Morrii on the table for NO, Ennis to the Raptors and the Suns get Anderson+Amir.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

INFORMER wrote:I'm not sure why you would start your trade offer with Gerald Green. If they're moving Ryan Anderson, they would essentially only have Anthony Davis as the remaining power forward on the roster. So they would need to get a power forward back in the deal. Also, I think any deal would have to involve them reducing their payroll significantly.
Hint: INF wants you to structure the deal around getting rid of the Morrii. :-)

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Ring_Wanted wrote: Green is what it was rumored to be on the table, along with the #27.
I hadn't heard that. Was that a media rumor, or a RealGM message board rumor?
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.