Bol Bol Ain't Goin' Nowhere! (Formerly: Who’s gone?)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.

Who will be cut to get the roster down?

Poll ended at Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:56 am

Bol Bol
18%
Keon Johnson
39%
Damion Lee
8%
Ish Wainwright
35%

Total votes: 49

Cap

Bol Bol Ain't Goin' Nowhere! (Formerly: Who’s gone?)

Post by Cap »

We have to cut two players, not including the 2-way players. Who’s it going to be?

Split T

Re: Who’s gone?

Post by Split T »

I think it’s gonna be Ish and Keon but I’d rather it be Bol. I’ll also settle for Keon being waived and resigned to our final 2-way slot if possible.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Split T wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:12 am
I think it’s gonna be Ish and Keon but I’d rather it be Bol. I’ll also settle for Keon being waived and resigned to our final 2-way slot if possible.
100% agree with all of this. Though I don't see what role Ish is going to have on this extremely loaded team, so I won't be too broken up about it if he's cut.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:51 am
Split T wrote:
100% agree with all of this. Though I don't see what role Ish is going to have on this extremely loaded team, so I won't be too broken up about it if he's cut.
Our projected 13-man roster looks set, and none of these guys are on it.

What role are the 14-15 players going to have on this team? They’ll sit on IL when everybody’s healthy. When somebody’s unavailable they’ll get to the active roster, but even then they won’t play meaningful minutes. So basically their role is… make positive contributions in practice and the locker room. Help everybody else to be their best.

Bol’s general cluelessness about what to do might make him less useful at practice than the others. Just a thought.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

BSotS did a writeup on this topic.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Yea Ish and Keon. I'd rather replace Bol with someone more playable/reliable at the backup 4 spot but we've got bodies there at the moment. I also still wonder if Bol could be of some use against guys like Wemby and Chet, tho it's probably wishful thinking.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Cap wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:18 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Split T wrote:

What role are the 14-15 players going to have on this team? They’ll sit on IL when everybody’s healthy. When somebody’s unavailable they’ll get to the active roster, but even then they won’t play meaningful minutes. So basically their role is… make positive contributions in practice and the locker room. Help everybody else to be their best.

Bol’s general cluelessness about what to do might make him less useful at practice than the others. Just a thought.
I do think I remember hearing they changed it so you can have 15 active players now for each game

Cap

Post by Cap »

Split T wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:36 am
Cap wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:18 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Split T wrote:

I do think I remember hearing they changed it so you can have 15 active players now for each game
Cool. I like that.

I think the basic role of the 14-15 guys remains the same: be useful bodies in practice and positive contributors to the culture. I guess if they’re on the active roster you can also add “Entertain the fans during garbage time,” but that’s a low priority.

TOO

Post by TOO »

ShelC wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:21 am
Yea Ish and Keon. I'd rather replace Bol with someone more playable/reliable at the backup 4 spot but we've got bodies there at the moment. I also still wonder if Bol could be of some use against guys like Wemby and Chet, tho it's probably wishful thinking.
Bol doesn't even know where he is half the time.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

SunsShine

Post by SunsShine »

I voted for Keon Johnson and Ish Wainwright. Ish is the more obvious choice with his contract not being guaranteed. Keon has a club option next season that the team can choose not to exercise. Bol has been mediocre in the preseason up to this point, but I do not see him being cut. Lee could be cut, but considering he has a player option next season, it appears unlikely.

Cap

Post by Cap »

SunsShine wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 11:36 am
Lee could be cut, but considering he has a player option next season, it appears unlikely.
Lee’s player option for next season is practically irrelevant unless nobody picks him up. I think he’d get picked up before the season is through.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

You think Bol's fan favorite status factors in? Can't be his play.
"Be Legendary."

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Informer.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:09 pm
You think Bol's fan favorite status factors in? Can't be his play.
I very highly doubt the staff cares about that, and I don't think Bol is that much of a fan favorite. Or at least he won't be for anyone older than 13 years old and actually wants the Suns to play well.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Any way to cut Bol Bol twice and call it good?
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

BKinSJC

Post by BKinSJC »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:00 pm
Easy. Just cut Bol, then the other Bol.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

BKinSJC wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:51 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:00 pm
Easy. Just cut Bol, then the other Bol.
They say life is a Bol of cherries. Not so sure in this case.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Just put him on the injured reserve, then he'll be unavailaBol to play.

TOO

Post by TOO »

You guys are unbelievabol.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

He's know Bol in a China shop, I'll tell you that.
"Be Legendary."