Summer League: Suns vs Dallas

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
AmareIsGod

Summer League: Suns vs Dallas

Post by AmareIsGod »

17 to 14. Suns up early. Warren had a nice little streak but we've gone a little cold after a hot start. #19 is doing pretty good for us. Stockton in the game for the first time I've seen during the summer league.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Wally_West

Summer League: Mavs vs. Suns

Post by Wally_West »

It is happening right now but you can watch it at 10:30 pm on NBA TV.

In2ition

Re: Summer League: Suns vs Dallas

Post by In2ition »

In full out development mode. Entire team playing for the Suns may not even play in the NBA this year. Brown hurt, Plumlee not playing, Goodwin out, Warren out, Ennis out, and obviously Len out with the broken finger.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

I'm watching the game on the internet. Paid the $4.99 when the summer league started for all the games live plus the ability to watch all of the already played games on demand. Pretty cool.

http://www.nba.com/summerleague/
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

AmareIsGod wrote:I'm watching the game on the internet. Paid the $4.99 when the summer league started for all the games live plus the ability to watch all of the already played games on demand. Pretty cool.

http://www.nba.com/summerleague/
I did the same thing on my phone.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Brown snagged his hand on another guys arm early in the 1st quarter after hitting a 3. Goodwin, Warren and Ennis were playing and all went to the bench towards the end of the 1st quarter.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Warren back in with the And1.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Really sloppy stretch right now.

Wally_West

Re: Summer League: Mavs vs. Suns

Post by Wally_West »

Wally_West wrote:It is happening right now but you can watch it at 10:30 pm on NBA TV.
Thats where my post went. ;)

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Nice finish by Goodwin. His 2nd bucket. His jump shot / 3 point shot has look really flat though. Haven't seen him hit a jumper the last 2 games.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

I use http://www4.ballstreams.com/ to watch the summer league, preseason, and regular season games. It's 90 bucks for the year.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Thanks iLLmatic. Might want to check that out, especially if I end up moving to Chicago for work.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Been a pretty poor 2nd quarter. Haven't seen much from Ennis to excite me. A few missed layups and nothing really with distribution of the ball. Had a jump shot early otherwise he's been pretty quiet.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Halfcourt jump shot by Dallas at the half. 8 to 0 run by Dallas at the end of the half.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Haven't seen much of Warren in the game, has taken 7 shots so far and only has 6 points. Haven't been impressed overall with Ennis, and Goodwin's game this summer seems to have regressed. The offense that Phoenix runs seems to be super stagnate and now only using iso dribble penetrations. Without Plumdog, Len or Brown, the Suns are pretty small out there. I'm sure Longabardi is going to make some excuse about that, but I honestly haven't seen any creativity from him other than a single play here or there to get a shot.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

I agree. Not a huge fan of whatever offense Longabardi is running. Just a ton of stagnant isos.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

This game is really pissing me off from an a competition standpoint. Longabardi needs to just stick to defensive assistant. This is super frustrating as a coach to watch.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

The only person in the summer league shorter than Yuta is Longabardi.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

iLLmatic wrote:I use http://www4.ballstreams.com/ to watch the summer league, preseason, and regular season games. It's 90 bucks for the year.
iLL, does that site blackout the local games? I've been trying to find something to use to watch the Suns without having to purchase cable or satellite.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Ok, just getting back doored to death. If I was Horny, I might have a come to Jesus moment with Longabardi after the game. Jackie Carmichael and Griffin are playing very strong for Dallas. I guess it's going to be tough when most of the Suns bigs are out. Len, Plumlee, Brown, and Oriakhi was traded just prior, all not playing.