Summer League: Suns vs Dallas

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Beetlejuice

Re: Summer League: Suns vs Dallas

Post by Beetlejuice »

Infuriating

Had to turn the game off. TJ Warren looking like a mix of Beasley and Shannon, had a flashback of Beasley on D when zoning in on TJ .

We have hope though , because of PJ Tucker and Hornacek. Put TJ Warren on a team with not so influential persons and you probably get Beasley vol 2.0 .

With Ennis everything is so safe, like low risk low reward passes. Dont know if that is enough in the NBA.

Archie is still a little boy, at least his game looks like one. His finishing near the rim looks exactly like last year, ball gets stuck and blocked half of the time. Just poor recognition when and where to attack to have to get a decent shot off, I don`t know what will "getting stronger" help with that. It is more IQ / intuition thing than strenght.

Solely based on summer league it does not look good.

carey

Post by carey »

Beetlejuice wrote: We have hope though , because of PJ Tucker and Hornacek. Put TJ Warren on a team with not so influential persons and you probably get Beasley vol 2.0 .
Whut?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

I think after that Alec Brown shoulder dislocation, and the fact that its a "consolation" game, and the fact that the Suns had no big men left, they just decided not to play D and chuck the ball at the hoop.

Flush this game. Nothing to learn here about anyone.

Beetlejuice

Post by Beetlejuice »

carey wrote:
Beetlejuice wrote: We have hope though , because of PJ Tucker and Hornacek. Put TJ Warren on a team with not so influential persons and you probably get Beasley vol 2.0 .
Whut?
Warrens criticism in college was , that man doesnt try/play on defense.

Workout gets praised for trying and says something like " yeah in college i could not get into foul trouble since i was the main focus, so i had to play it easy". And here he is, in summer league (where fouls DOESNT count!) and he is already looking like Beasley and Amare combo on D.

This guy I say ... Im sure TJ Tucker has had enough of Beasley and wont let rookie get away without at least some verbal abuse. + Hornacek maybe works his voodoo magic on him like he did on number of guys last year(G.Green who if you remember was terrible at beginning).

Jacking up shots like there is no tomorrow ... i dont even want to get into that.

*But its summer league, will have to wait to see if that plays out this way. I really hope not .

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Bad habits die hard, but TJ will be fine under Hornacek tutelage.

carey

Post by carey »

TJ was playing C at points in the game. He'll be ok.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

In2ition wrote:
iLLmatic wrote:I use http://www4.ballstreams.com/ to watch the summer league, preseason, and regular season games. It's 90 bucks for the year.
iLL, does that site blackout the local games? I've been trying to find something to use to watch the Suns without having to purchase cable or satellite.
It is not affiliated with the NBA whatsoever so they does not blackout any games. Their servers are located within the Netherlands which allows for them to stream copyrighted content without getting in trouble. It's a closed membership but I submitted for a membership two days ago and they sent me an email advising me there was an open spot. If interested you can read more info here:

and here

http://www4.ballstreams.com/contact_us/faq

Superbone

Re: Summer League: Mavs vs. Suns

Post by Superbone »

Wally_West wrote:
Wally_West wrote:It is happening right now but you can watch it at 10:30 pm on NBA TV.
Thats where my post went. ;)
Yep, AIG beat you to it.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:Haven't seen much of Warren in the game, has taken 7 shots so far and only has 6 points. Haven't been impressed overall with Ennis, and Goodwin's game this summer seems to have regressed. The offense that Phoenix runs seems to be super stagnate and now only using iso dribble penetrations. Without Plumdog, Len or Brown, the Suns are pretty small out there. I'm sure Longabardi is going to make some excuse about that, but I honestly haven't seen any creativity from him other than a single play here or there to get a shot.
I forgot all about the Plumdog. Where was he?

"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

Superbone wrote: I forgot all about the Plumdog. Where was he?
They held him out for some reason although no injury was reported. We were so thin up front too so not sure why. When TJ Warren is playing Center you might as well just do whatever. It was a meaningless game in a meaningless tournament.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:
They held him out for some reason although no injury was reported. We were so thin up front too so not sure why. When TJ Warren is playing Center you might as well just do whatever. It was a meaningless game in a meaningless tournament.
Thanks, carey. Yeah, it was disappointing to watch.

"Be Legendary."

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Superbone wrote:
carey wrote:
Thanks, carey. Yeah, it was disappointing to watch.
I didn't catch the game, but from all reports thus far, it sounds like a team just ready for the whole ordeal to be done with - playing out the "stretch", so to speak. Almost like Alec Brown's getting hurt was the last straw & the team as a whole just threw their hands up & said "that's it - forget it."

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Speaking of Brown, I'd really prefer he stick around in Bakersfield closer to the NBA game as opposed to going overseas.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Really he could do both. That's what Oriakhi did last year. I prefer that he play overseas. I think it really helped Kyle Singler.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.