SUNS 2014: Free Agency 2 (new)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
TOO

Re: SUNS 2014: Free Agency 2 (new)

Post by TOO »

It possible we could be just delaying his signing in case we make a move and need his bird rights no?
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:It possible we could be just delaying his signing in case we make a move and need his bird rights no?
I've been holding out hope that's what's going to happen, but I don't know. We're going to be entertaining to watch like the pre-Barkley 90's teams, but man if we don't need some rebounding and toughness up front.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

There is an opportunity for Markieff, Alex, and Miles to provide that. It has to to a lot with attitude and determination. Miles doesn't back down, Len has shown some aggressiveness to him, and Markieff comes off as playing tough.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

SDC

Post by SDC »

ShelC wrote:http://www.basketballinsiders.com/earl- ... al-summer/

I'd take a flyer on him and put him at the 4. He can post, shoot the 3, rebound, another ballhandler on the break. He'd give us some needed size, length and athleticism in the frontcourt.
cant defend centers

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The thing about those 5-year deals is that it designates the player as like your "franchise player" or something, for the rest of his time with the Suns. Nobody else can get a 5-year deal ever until Bledsoe is no longer on the team. That's a pretty big deal. It'd be impossible to give Dragic an equivalent deal later on.

In terms of the paint, Plumlee is the guy I am hoping for. He showed us a ton of promise at the start of last season, but he seemed to kind of burn out as the year went on. I hope he has another good year in him and can keep up his stamina.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Mori Chu wrote:The thing about those 5-year deals is that it designates the player as like your "franchise player" or something, for the rest of his time with the Suns. Nobody else can get a 5-year deal ever until Bledsoe is no longer on the team. That's a pretty big deal. It'd be impossible to give Dragic an equivalent deal later on.

In terms of the paint, Plumlee is the guy I am hoping for. He showed us a ton of promise at the start of last season, but he seemed to kind of burn out as the year went on. I hope he has another good year in him and can keep up his stamina.
So Eric wants to be the #1 paid guy on this team over all his teammates AND over any potential free agent we get. He want this to be his team.

He is good but that is downright silly. He hasn't stayed healthy long enough for that and even if he did a team with EB as the top player is not winning a championship.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

No, the 5-year deal thing isn't being reported accurately. Bledsoe can resign for a 5-year deal now, and that does not take away the franchise player designation. That would have only happened if he had received a 5-year contract extension.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

INFORMER wrote:No, the 5-year deal thing isn't being reported accurately. Bledsoe can resign for a 5-year deal now, and that does not take away the franchise player designation. That would have only happened if he had received a 5-year contract extension.
I used to be able to keep up with the CBA stuff, but can't any more. A sibling of mine is a CPA who used to do the salary cap stuff for an NFL team. Its not an easy task.