Suns News: Week 4 (11/13 - 11/19)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: Suns News: Week 4 (11/13 - 11/19)

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

2.11PPP is good, right?

Allen has been benefitting quite a bit from being in Booker's old role. Obviously he's not the same kind of scorer, but the guy runs hard off-ball and can reliably knock down open shots.

Last edited by Flagrant Fowl on Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:02 pm
2.11PPP is good, right?
I'm usually good for 2 or 3 a night.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:02 pm
2.11PPP is good, right?

Allen has been benefitting quite a bit from being in Booker's old role. Obviously he's not the same kind of scorer, but the guy runs hard off-ball and can reliably knock down open shots.

Just imagine how much sweeter this will run with a fully healthy squad. Pretty cool break down 😉

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Kryptonic wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:08 pm
Just imagine how much sweeter this will run with a fully healthy squad. Pretty cool break down 😉
Yeah, that's very cool. This is watching the game at a different level than this long time NBA fan. I don't think the game at that level of detail. I'll be watching for it now, though.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:30 pm
Kryptonic wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:08 pm
Yeah, that's very cool. This is watching the game at a different level than this long time NBA fan. I don't think the game at that level of detail. I'll be watching for it now, though.
Suns Twitter has a wealth of knowledge compared to the "analysis" you get from tv yappers. ESPN/TNT are unwatchable in comparison.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 9:48 am
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:53 am
Yeah right, I see your depression dude. Crystal clear. (image) There is a difference between negative and hypocritical, by example… could you tell me what does STFU stands for, oh good citizen? It must be something different that I think.
Aztec, these posts are too far. Please stop with the personal attacks against JeremyG. If you don't want to talk to him, you are welcome to mute him. To do so, click on his username on one of his posts, then click "Add Foe."
So, he throws a F-bomb at me, but I’m the one going too far? How many insults have you watched me throw at anyone, even when they got personal?

He mocks people, mocks on the team, goes full troll mode on conversations that not even involve him, then cry wolf on him (he just did it after the STFU on me) but I’m the one going too far… ok!

Call him Foe? As I said, I already did all those kind of things, and sometimes I felt bad about it, the first person I call foe on this board because I can’t stand him anymore. But his fingerprints are all over the place, and just by people quoting him I get to read his nonsense MANY times a day, although filtered to his more tolerable degree. But eventually I get dragged into his madness again.

Given my low posting volume, my difficulties expressing me on a second language quickly and my lack of basketball cachet, I’m pretty sure me leaving would not even be noticeable, and I’m not the kind of guy that takes loud stances like “I’m done with… “ much less threatening about leaving, this is just a message board after all.

Even through the dark Sarver era, I kept coming here many times a day to read both Suns’ related posts as well as the side topic camaraderie, and actually I’m a proud board member since the days when Sose was the one running the board and used to did it without interfering on minor conflicts like this, by acknowledging that with great power, comes great responsibility. But the Jeremy omnipresent littering is taking the fun out of this board, and considering that my job it’s getting very demanding nowadays and for the year to come, as much as I would have enjoyed to actively share the journey particularly on this hopeful year (it’s really, really lonely to be a Suns’ fan here in Mexico) I won’t waste my little and precious free time on things that are not enjoyable anymore, even if it’s just by one person’s doing.

Probably not the only one that feels this way, but I’m not going to argue anymore with you neither him, you can continue to enjoy your precious Jeremy-related content.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:14 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Yeah right, I see your depression dude. Crystal clear. (image) There is a difference between negative and hypocritical, by example… could you tell me what does STFU stands for, oh good citizen? It must be something different that I think.
Aztec, these posts are too far. Please stop with the personal attacks against JeremyG. If you don't want to talk to him, you are welcome to mute him. To do so, click on his username on one of his posts, then click "Add Foe."
So, he throws a F-bomb at me, but I’m the one going too far? How many insults have you watched me throw at anyone, even when they got personal?

He mocks people, mocks on the team, goes full troll mode on conversations that not even involve him, then cry wolf on him (he just did it after the STFU on me) but I’m the one going too far… ok!

Call him Foe? As I said, I already did all those kind of things, and sometimes I felt bad about it, the first person I call foe on this board because I can’t stand him anymore. But his fingerprints are all over the place, and just by people quoting him I get to read his nonsense MANY times a day, although filtered to his more tolerable degree. But eventually I get dragged into his madness again.

Given my low posting volume, my difficulties expressing me on a second language quickly and my lack of basketball cachet, I’m pretty sure me leaving would not even be noticeable, and I’m not the kind of guy that takes loud stances like “I’m done with… “ much less threatening about leaving, this is just a message board after all.

Even through the dark Sarver era, I kept coming here many times a day to read both Suns’ related posts as well as the side topic camaraderie, and actually I’m a proud board member since the days when Sose was the one running the board and used to did it without interfering on minor conflicts like this, by acknowledging that with great power, comes great responsibility. But the Jeremy omnipresent littering is taking the fun out of this board, and considering that my job it’s getting very demanding nowadays and for the year to come, as much as I would have enjoyed to actively share the journey particularly on this hopeful year (it’s really, really lonely to be a Suns’ fan here in Mexico) I won’t waste my little and precious free time on things that are not enjoyable anymore, even if it’s just by one person’s doing.

Probably not the only one that feels this way, but I’m not going to argue anymore with you neither him, you can continue to enjoy your precious Jeremy-related content.
I’d recognize that you were gone. Weren’t you the dude with the plumed archer as an avatar from age of kings?

If I were you I’d ignore Jeremy and any comments he makes going forward if it annoys you. Clearly he is the minority on the board so it looks bad if we run him off.

He’s fine for the most part when it comes talking about the Suns. He does like to interject his thinly veiled comments sometimes about Nurk which is annoying.

I think as time goes on we will lose further interest in Ayton and what he’s been up to. Besides, Ayton seems to be business as usual, double double one night, 6 & 6 the next.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

iLLmatic wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:41 pm
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:

I’d recognize that you were gone. Weren’t you the dude with the plumed archer as an avatar from age of kings?

If I were you I’d ignore Jeremy and any comments he makes going forward if it annoys you. Clearly he is the minority on the board so it looks bad if we run him off.

He’s fine for the most part when it comes talking about the Suns. He does like to interject his thinly veiled comments sometimes about Nurk which is annoying.

I think as time goes on we will lose further interest in Ayton and what he’s been up to. Besides, Ayton seems to be business as usual, double double one night, 6 & 6 the next.
Thanks man, thanks a lot. That’s right, I even photoshopped it with a Suns’ jersey, but that picture got lost in the transition from Sose’s to Marty’s board, a long lonely time between boards’ iterations.

Of course I’m against running anyone off, not even big bullies like that guy who loved Jazz and was really cool and appreciated around here, but also with a huge tendency to lose his temper and start throwing insults and verbally abusing people (although he indeed got banned, got back and quit, then got back and banned, or something like that) I even got in the middle of that argument actually defending him, kind of involuntarily but on an strange and voltairesque turn of events. It was sad to know he later passed away, still banned. Not sure if I’m right about him being the one that passed away, distanced from the board, but still, he is gone at least from the board, partially because his own inability to evolve and recognize the need to do better. I didn’t mention his username out of respect, but people in the know will recognize him.

I’m a straightforward guy, and not afraid to stand up against anyone, not even against the board founder if I see something is wrong (I did that as well for that guy I mentioned) so I appreciate people who are the same. People who nitpick and dance around through arguments thinking they are superior and smart because of it, irritates me a lot, and thinly veiled comments even more. Good old Jeremy wouldn’t even be the first guy like this that I get to deal with while having the bosses’ protection, my job is full of them, but at least I get to argue with them on Spanish hehe. Maybe the increasing stress on my job is getting into my nerves and patience, but even if that’s the case, it’s still a reason to evaluate how often is worth to come here to deal with the same BS and favoritism I have around me every day on the real world.

Again, thank you for acknowledging me. Greetings.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I always value your commentary Aztec and appreciate your communication in your second language. I find that impressive as I don’t have a second language. And yes, Swingman unfortunately passed away. Sorry to hear about all the stress you’ve been dealing with lately in life. I hope you stick around and don’t sweat the small stuff.

"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:

Stick around, Aztec. I enjoy reading your posts and you’re a valuable member of the board. I also think the more international presence/perspectives we have, the better this place is.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:

I hope you stick it out…. You’re far more enjoyable to have around and love your level headed takes on things.

This isn’t a shot at anyone in particular but just a general observation… My biggest problem with this place is that personal issues don’t get taken to PM. if you have a personal issues with someone, get it off the forum. No one is coming here to read the drama… if you are, go to tmz.com.

On a side note… if I ever won the lottery I’d rent as many suites as possible and invite all you bastards there. We may not always agree on things but we do try to be respectful and jovial about things. Love you guys!
Last edited by Kryptonic on Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:32 am
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:

Stick around, Aztec. I enjoy reading your posts and you’re a valuable member of the board. I also think the more international presence/perspectives we have, the better this place is.
Says the Canadian. :P :D

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Kryptonic wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:51 am
On a side note… if I ever won the lottery I’d rent as many suits as possible and invite all you bastards there. We may not always agree on things but we do try to be respectful and jovial about things. Love you guys!
We would look nice, I guess. I'd probably rather wear my Suns gear though. I'd go even further and buy you guys tickets and suites! :P :lol:

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

But seriously, let's keep it to basketball and leave the personal insults out. We don't have to all agree on everything but we can debate it (or not) in a respectful manner. I'm sure if we were all in a room together, we'd get along famously. Every .net real life encounter I've had has been fantastic!

"Be Legendary."

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:19 am
Kryptonic wrote:
On a side note… if I ever won the lottery I’d rent as many suits as possible and invite all you bastards there. We may not always agree on things but we do try to be respectful and jovial about things. Love you guys!
We would look nice, I guess. I'd probably rather wear my Suns gear though. I'd go even further and buy you guys tickets and suites! :P :lol:
LOL.. missed that.

Good point... personalized jerseys for all! :P Yours definitely has to say SUPERBONE on the back though ;)
Last edited by Kryptonic on Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Kryptonic wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:22 am
Superbone wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:19 am
Kryptonic wrote:
Good point... personalized jerseys for all! :P Yours definitely has to say SUPERBONE on the back though ;)
I love it! :D

"Be Legendary."

rhylek

Post by rhylek »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:22 am
But seriously, let's keep it to basketball and leave the personal insults out. We don't have to all agree on everything but we can debate it (or not) in a respectful manner. I'm sure if we were all in a room together, we'd get along famously. Every .net real life encounter I've had has been fantastic!
Good talk about "clubism", haters and "playerism" (sorry, it's in french).

For those interested (Alex, one of the co-host, is a huge suns fan btw):

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Fuck.

Who called that it was a disc issue?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I'm not too worried about it. Yet. Backs are a tricky beast. At least there's nothing structurally wrong with it. I think it was smart to put him on the shelf while he recovers rather than going through the day to day struggles. The hope is that he can fully recover and that it's not an ongoing issue.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Wally_West wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:52 pm

Fuck.

Who called that it was a disc issue?
There was no way with the way he was walking that it was anything but a disc issue. I've lived that life.