Eric Bledsoe [RFA]

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Re: Eric Bledsoe [RFA]

Post by carey »

Indy wrote:So by slightly more you mean $1M/year or $2? That's the max, right?
As a 7 year veteran Dragic can sign for up to 30% of the cap which is just shy of $19Mil, but the cap will likely go up again next year.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

Ah, good point.

carey

Post by carey »

This kind of grinds my gears...

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/ ... his-agent/
LeBron James: “Congrats to my brother @ebled2!! Family stand for each other through the good and bad! I guess we still don’t know what we doing yet huh Rich!?! #StriveForGreatness #Klutch #RWTW”

When the Suns and Bledsoe still weren’t talking, James encouraged Phoenix to “break bread” in a similar Instagram post.

It’s clear that James has more than just a rooting interest where his agent is concerned, and while there may not be a formal financial stake for him in place, the level of influence wielded by the game’s best player will only help Paul continue to land clients.

The fact that LeBron used “we” here also may unintentionally confirm that his involvement with Paul and his recently-formed Klutch Sports Group goes deeper than perhaps is appropriate, and it wouldn’t be difficult to see that as something the league takes a closer look at legislating at some point in the future.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

carey wrote:This kind of grinds my gears...

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/ ... his-agent/
LeBron James: “Congrats to my brother @ebled2!! Family stand for each other through the good and bad! I guess we still don’t know what we doing yet huh Rich!?! #StriveForGreatness #Klutch #RWTW”

When the Suns and Bledsoe still weren’t talking, James encouraged Phoenix to “break bread” in a similar Instagram post.

It’s clear that James has more than just a rooting interest where his agent is concerned, and while there may not be a formal financial stake for him in place, the level of influence wielded by the game’s best player will only help Paul continue to land clients.

The fact that LeBron used “we” here also may unintentionally confirm that his involvement with Paul and his recently-formed Klutch Sports Group goes deeper than perhaps is appropriate, and it wouldn’t be difficult to see that as something the league takes a closer look at legislating at some point in the future.
Of course, it should. An active player should not have agent level interest in league personnel. It is a huge conflict of interest. In fact, it could be worse than gambling ties. This is outrageous.

carey

Post by carey »

JCSunsfan wrote:Of course, it should. An active player should not have agent level interest in league personnel. It is a huge conflict of interest. In fact, it could be worse than gambling ties. This is outrageous.
I think that has gone the way of the dodo, my friend. Those Miami titles don't happen without it. I wouldn't be surprised if there is way more going on with this than we know about. You've read I'm sure that the only reason Houston let Parsons become a RFA a full year early was to appease Dan Feegan for steering Howard to Houston instead of Dallas where he really wanted him. I thought that was pretty outrageous, but no one seems to care. Why? Because it bit Houston in the ass. People love Cuban so it looks like he got one over on Houston when really it was Feegan and Howard.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

LeBron gets it.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.