Game Day: Suns (6-6) @ Jazz (4-8), Sun 11/19/23

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Game Day: Suns (6-6) @ Jazz (4-8), Sun 11/19/23

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:39 am
My recording ran out with 9 seconds left in the 2nd OT.

The late game hand it Book or whoever and let them dribble out the clock and then chuck thing seems like it has been the standard go to thing for many years now.
Dude! Rookie mistake. :P Always pad that thing significantly.
"Be Legendary."

JJ Slim

Post by JJ Slim »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:37 am

The two OTs were so intense. It felt like each time we were one shot or FT from putting them away, but then we'd let them back in it. I thought for sure they would not overturn that foul on KD; they usually don't overturn calls unless it is really blatantly wrong, and I thought it was iffy enough that they'd let it stand. I guess the refs wanted to go home, too, LOL. :-)

Turnovers and overall offensive flow were still big problems for us. I -hate- these possessions where we just hand it to KD or Book and they dribble for 20 seconds and then chuck up some fadeaway jumper. Vogel needs to get the guys swinging the ball more, setting screens, running a good offense.
I assumed it was going to stand especially when they took so long to review it. I also assumed he would miss one of the free throws so I wasn't too worried.

I also hate the dribbling the time out. If they passed the ball more that would have the defense scrambling more and having them expend more energy so you could wear them down towards the end of the game.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Sights and Sounds from the locker room after last night's win.

https://youtube.com/shorts/bUaS4SAvhn8? ... KURQsN3CLK
"Be Legendary."