Jimmer?

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Jimmer?

Post by Mori Chu »

It looks like the Kings are buying out Jimmer Fredette:

http://www.sacbee.com/2014/02/25/618808 ... immer.html

I REALLY want the Suns to pick him up. What do you guys think? We have some dead-weight guards at the end of the rotation, and I still think Jimmer's shooting is going to make him a special player in this league when he finds the right situation.

Superbone

Re: Jimmer?

Post by Superbone »

And cancel Christmas???

Grinch!
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Bone! Sup my friend. I'd take a Jimmer over a Christmas any day.

m1chal

Post by m1chal »

Change it to jimmer.net now? :D

TOO

Post by TOO »

Shouldnt have signed Barbosa. :(

I hope we take a look at Jimmer, we can ditch Xmas or Slava in favor of him. Slava has no place here, especially when Horny run Kieff out at the 5.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Laaaaaaaadmoooo

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

In a word, no.

Same to articles suggesting we snag Danny Granger when he's bought out/released.

TOO

Post by TOO »

It definitely wouldn't hurt us. We live and die by the J/3 and those are his 2 best attributes.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:It definitely wouldn't hurt us. We live and die by the J/3 and those are his 2 best attributes.
Meantime he gives up 6 points for every 3 he makes - you're comfy with that, I take it?

TOO

Post by TOO »

I'm ok with giving him a shot at the expense of guys who have no role/future here.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Shouldnt have signed Barbosa. :(

I hope we take a look at Jimmer, we can ditch Xmas or Slava in favor of him. Slava has no place here, especially when Horny run Kieff out at the 5.
I disagree. Barbosa has been a good contributor all things considered. He won't be a plus every night, but any time he makes half his shots he has done his job. He is out there to go one on one and score, and he has done it enough times to be considered a good signing.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I still don't understand why Sacramento was not able to get anything for Jimmer. The moment he's released, 10 teams are rumored to be chasing him. None of these teams was willing to give up a 2nd-round pick for this guy?

JeffreyLee

Post by JeffreyLee »

Im on the fence with this one. I do like his 3 point shooting, but that is about it. I say we finish the year off with our current roster.
You sold me two quier giraffes

TOO

Post by TOO »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Shouldnt have signed Barbosa. :(

I disagree. Barbosa has been a good contributor all things considered. He won't be a plus every night, but any time he makes half his shots he has done his job. He is out there to go one on one and score, and he has done it enough times to be considered a good signing.
Ehhhh.. I don't think so, he's had a couple of good outings, but I think his NBA days are over after the season. He's very mediocre across the board. He can occasionally get to the hole, but its a 50/50 shot on if he makes it, his shooting has been average, he's not a great ballhandler/passer either. Aside from nostalgia, I still don't get why we signed him.
👀 Fire Frank Vogel.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I don't really have interest in Jimmer. Any minutes we're thinking about giving him, we should just give to Archie.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

I really don't see the point of signing Jimmer this season, I would much rather wait in the off-season and see where the team stands then before even thinking about signing Jimmer. I also feel Jimmer might be on his way out the league in another season or two.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Wally_West wrote:I also feel Jimmer might be on his way out the league in another season or two.
I recognize that he has flaws. But he's hitting 49.3% on threes this year. You can't tell me a guy like that doesn't have a place in this league. I really believe he just needs to find the right situation.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/6434/jimmer-fredette

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Mori Chu wrote:
Wally_West wrote:I also feel Jimmer might be on his way out the league in another season or two.
I recognize that he has flaws. But he's hitting 49.3% on threes this year. You can't tell me a guy like that doesn't have a place in this league. I really believe he just needs to find the right situation.

I actually totally agree. I'm just not sure if he will ever find that right situation before he gets stigma of just not being good enough hang in the league and teams just stop looking at him.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I agree that he could find the right place. In fact, I think that Philly this year would be a good one for him. Unfortunately, some guys get branded in the wrong direction, and he might have to go to Europe to earn his value back to the league.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

JeffreyLee

Post by JeffreyLee »

Mori Chu wrote:

Being a 3 point shooting team, i see him as a good fit. Not sure where the mins will come from, but worth a shot for the rest of the season i think.
You sold me two quier giraffes