Suns News: Week 8 (12/11 - 12/17)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
wpmiller42

Suns News: Week 8 (12/11 - 12/17)

Post by wpmiller42 »

Last Week's Games
Tue, Dec 5th @ LA Lakers 106 - 103 Loss :roll:
Fri, Dec 8th vs. Sacramento 106 - 114 Loss :cry:

This Week's Games
Tue, Dec 12th vs. Golden State 8:00 PM MST on TNT
Wed, Dec 13th vs. Brooklyn 7:00 PM MST on SUNS LIVE, ARIZONA'S FAMILY 3TV / ARIZONA'S FAMILY SPORTS
Fri, Dec 15th vs. NY Knicks 8:00 PM MST on SUNS LIVE, ARIZONA'S FAMILY 3TV / ARIZONA'S FAMILY SPORTS, ESPN
Sun, Dec 17th vs Washington 6:00 PM MST on SUNS LIVE, ARIZONA'S FAMILY 3TV / ARIZONA'S FAMILY SPORTS

Suns Stories
After a difficult transition, Nassir Little is finding his place with the Suns and peace with his daughter

3 irrefutable truths from Suns' controversial In-Season Tournament loss vs. Lakers

Suns vs. Lakers Final Score: Questionable officiating late hands Lakers 106-103 win in IST quarterfinal

Off to an uneven start, the Phoenix Suns can find inspiration from the 2005-06 Miami Heat

Lack of consistent rebounding is compounding issues for the Suns

Kryptonic

Re: Suns News: Week 8 (12/11 - 12/17)

Post by Kryptonic »

Thanks wpmiller42!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Thanks for making the threads, wp! Really appreciate it.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Amanda Unplugged puts it all together:

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:51 pm
Not nearly as excited as 'Bone is to update that thread to show a +1 for the big 3 playing :P

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Kryptonic wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:55 pm
Not nearly as excited as 'Bone is to update that thread to show a +1 for the big 3 playing :P
We're not sure about KD at this point though for tomorrow. Here's to hoping that that's the day!

"Be Legendary."

Sunsfanatic76

Post by Sunsfanatic76 »

Any thoughts towards discussion on what the suns greatest needs are at/around the coming December 15th trade deadline. Or even what realistic trades we might pull off to shore up our positional weaknesses considering the vry limited value of our current assets? I'm really not very inclined to want to attach our few remaining picks (2nds) in a trade as we'll definitely need all the cost controlled talent and depth we can find or acquire.

I'm more leaning towards looking to cut/waive Saben Lee and Azuibuke, and then package Little or Allen along with Okogie and Watanabe in order to open up spots to sign:
DeMarcus Cousins, Montrez Harrell, Nerlens Noel to vet mins and RJ nembhard (Gleague) on a two way deal for more balanced positional depth! Nembhard could focus on playmaking and game tempo/ turnover reduction. Harrell would replace Okogie at the 3 giving us more size, physicality, rebounding and positional defense. Demarcus Cousins would bring size, production, rebounding, physicality at the backup 5, and also offer the versatility to play the 4 or 5. But could give us much better size against bigger lineups playing alongside Nurkic in specific matchups. Best of all, he'd come really cheap which fits our current financial constraints. And signing Nerlens Noel on a vet min would give us a bigger,longer, more mobile and proven rim protecting option to Nurkic and/or Eubanks. Now If adding Noel seems a bit redundent for our backup 5 needs, we could simply sign Kai Jones (at 6'11) to play the 4 in a very simplified rebounding/shotblocking defensive role addressing our size, athleticism and defensive mobility issues? And we could also play him at the 4 in matchups alongside of Cousins ( at the backup 5) for more size and dominance off the bench.

I've specifically chosen players like Cousins and Harrell for their toughness, physicality, and veteran presence to help counter the physicality other teams keep using against us! Both players can represent enforcers in these situations as well as coming really cheap and having something to prove. The other bonus to this would be us now being able to play players like Bates Diop, and Allen (or whomever we trade for really) at their proper positions from the added frontcourt size! Lastly, After accomplishing these signings, I'd really consider packaging Allen or Little along with Eubanks and Okogie AND MAYBE a future 2nd to:

Indy for McConnell/Toppin/Nwora.
To Chicago for Caruso/Craig/rights to either Phillips or Sanogo.
To Brooklyn for Oneale/ Sharpe/Smith Jr.
To Charlotte for Nik Richards/ JT Thor/ Ish Smith/ rights to Leaky Black.
To Philly for Covington/ Oubre (or Beverly)/ rights to Council 4th or Terq Smith. I'd choose Oubre as a 6th man scoring option off the bench alongside of Gordon. Or Pat Bev I know...........I know the hate is understandable! But I'd choose him as our goon/enforcer/agitator that we're really missing.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Hard pass on Cousins and Harrell

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Split T wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:47 pm

Old and busted comes to mind. We already have health concerns... Boogie is useless.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Sunsfanatic76 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:38 pm
Any thoughts towards discussion on what the suns greatest needs are at/around the coming December 15th trade deadline. Or even what realistic trades we might pull off to shore up our positional weaknesses considering the vry limited value of our current assets? I'm really not very inclined to want to attach our few remaining picks (2nds) in a trade as we'll definitely need all the cost controlled talent and depth we can find or acquire.

I'm more leaning towards looking to cut/waive Saben Lee and Azuibuke, and then package Little or Allen along with Okogie and Watanabe in order to open up spots to sign:
DeMarcus Cousins, Montrez Harrell, Nerlens Noel to vet mins and RJ nembhard (Gleague) on a two way deal for more balanced positional depth! Nembhard could focus on playmaking and game tempo/ turnover reduction. Harrell would replace Okogie at the 3 giving us more size, physicality, rebounding and positional defense. Demarcus Cousins would bring size, production, rebounding, physicality at the backup 5, and also offer the versatility to play the 4 or 5. But could give us much better size against bigger lineups playing alongside Nurkic in specific matchups. Best of all, he'd come really cheap which fits our current financial constraints. And signing Nerlens Noel on a vet min would give us a bigger,longer, more mobile and proven rim protecting option to Nurkic and/or Eubanks. Now If adding Noel seems a bit redundent for our backup 5 needs, we could simply sign Kai Jones (at 6'11) to play the 4 in a very simplified rebounding/shotblocking defensive role addressing our size, athleticism and defensive mobility issues? And we could also play him at the 4 in matchups alongside of Cousins ( at the backup 5) for more size and dominance off the bench.

I've specifically chosen players like Cousins and Harrell for their toughness, physicality, and veteran presence to help counter the physicality other teams keep using against us! Both players can represent enforcers in these situations as well as coming really cheap and having something to prove. The other bonus to this would be us now being able to play players like Bates Diop, and Allen (or whomever we trade for really) at their proper positions from the added frontcourt size! Lastly, After accomplishing these signings, I'd really consider packaging Allen or Little along with Eubanks and Okogie AND MAYBE a future 2nd to:

Indy for McConnell/Toppin/Nwora.
To Chicago for Caruso/Craig/rights to either Phillips or Sanogo.
To Brooklyn for Oneale/ Sharpe/Smith Jr.
To Charlotte for Nik Richards/ JT Thor/ Ish Smith/ rights to Leaky Black.
To Philly for Covington/ Oubre (or Beverly)/ rights to Council 4th or Terq Smith. I'd choose Oubre as a 6th man scoring option off the bench alongside of Gordon. Or Pat Bev I know...........I know the hate is understandable! But I'd choose him as our goon/enforcer/agitator that we're really missing.
I don't really have any interest in trading Allen. He's a great fit. Caruso would be cost prohibitive, and the rest seem like our junk for your junk.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Funny seeing Beal try and be elusive here and the Comms guy in the background nervously watching the interaction an cutting in with the "thanks guys" to break up the session.

Some other videos with Beal and Vogel
Spoiler: show/hide

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

A little more:

Cool how excited Beal is to get out there as a Sun.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

This KD guy doesn't play favorites.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

This passes the eye test. Suns are the worst 4th quarter team in the league.

"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:59 pm
This passes the eye test. Suns are the worst 4th quarter team in the league.

Don’t worry, Monty! We got your back!

Sunsfanatic76

Post by Sunsfanatic76 »

Split T wrote:
Interesting! I'd be interested to hear why you'd hard pass on both/either at a vet min pricetag given their experience, size increase to our frontcourt and physicality that our team already sorely lacks. We could really use a bigger frontcourt and more physicality and some enforcers on this team considering how aggressive and physical opposing teams have been with us. And for only the minimum, to me at least, it seems somewhat a bargain! So what am I theoretically missing here man?

Split T

Post by Split T »

Sunsfanatic76 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:49 am
Split T wrote:
Interesting! I'd be interested to hear why you'd hard pass on both/either at a vet min pricetag given their experience, size increase to our frontcourt and physicality that our team already sorely lacks. We could really use a bigger frontcourt and more physicality and some enforcers on this team considering how aggressive and physical opposing teams have been with us. And for only the minimum, to me at least, it seems somewhat a bargain! So what am I theoretically missing here man?
Cousins hasn’t played in the nba in over a year. You're right that at the minimum it’s probably not a big issue, but I just don’t think he’s got anything left. He’d have been on a roster if he was good. Harrell has shown he doesn’t hold up in the playoffs. He can probably score some points off the bench in the regular season, but his defense is bad. He wouldn’t play in the playoffs.

Now if we’re just replacing Bol, then no it won’t hurt, I just don’t think it helps. So maybe hard pass was too much. Soft pass.