Game Day: Warriors (10-12) @ Suns (12-10), Tues 12/12/23

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Shabazz

Re: Game Day: Warriors (10-12) @ Suns (12-10), Tues 12/12/23

Post by Shabazz »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:03 am
When I saw the Green hit, I knew that not only was it going to be an ejection but further time off the court. The question is how many games. Just watched his press conference on TNT. The guy is a horrible liar. Saying he had no intention to hit Nurkic but was just trying to sell the foul. You can see in the replay that Green looks at Nurkic as he swings and hits him in the face. Nurkic said he doesn’t know what Green was thinking but “brother needs a hug.” :D
Yeah- it looks like he hesitates for a second while he thinks about what he’s doing and still decides to follow through with the “wild swing.”

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

specialsauce wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:55 pm
JJ Slim wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:44 pm
That was not even accidental, it was obviously intentional
I really wish we had the type of player on the court who would’ve gone and pummeled his bitch ass in return
See that’s what we should be using Bol Bol for 😂

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Postgame Quotes and Videos
Spoiler: show/hide

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Choppy, ugly game. Didn't feel like either team got into a rhythm and we were clearly trying to figure things out as the game went. Really don't like how the offense looks with Book just dribbling the air out of the ball. He waits for the double, backs out to halfcourt and then has to force a long pass against the trap. He's getting doubled all game and and it feels like no one else is ever open or can make a play. Teams are doing this consistently against him and it's too effective. And the same thing happened in the 4th in a close game - we dribble for too long trying to drain clock and end up with a TO or bad shot. It's Beal's first game back so we need time for chemistry, but the general philosophy hasn't changed.

Beal looked OK, didn't seem to really be pushing it and had some good looks. Maybe he'll relieve some pressure off Book but the Ws were doubling him just the same and he didn't have much room to work.

I liked that we used our size well, especially Nurk. Thought we could've looked to him more because no one on that team can stop him. Goodwin played well and was a good matchup as a bigger, phyiscal guard. Said it earlier but need him to be aggressive and not just defer right to Book or Beal. It really helped when he got going towards the basket. Metu looked OK but need to see more. Might've just been a game the Ws weren't expecting from him. His shot looks good but not a lot of other offense. Oddly, his body looks about 6-7 but his head looks 6-10 so he's looks bigger than he is.

KBD really sucks. If he's not looking to shoot and can't dribble, he can't play. Yuta sucks too. Those were our top FA targets and neither is really playable at this point.

The Ws are still dangerous but don't have the firepower to keep up. Curry's their only real threat. Klay is kinda done and there's no other reliable scorer. They're scrappy and play good defense but that's not going to carry them. Wiggins and Kuminga aren't carrying thru on their end so the Ws may fade as the season goes unless something breaks for them. Fk Draymond too. Hope he gets suspended 10 games.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

JJ Slim wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:02 pm
Nurkic has continued his nice play. He had struggled a few games ago with his free throws but made 10 of 11 tonight. That was huge.
11 FTAs. Wow, that was much needed

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

"Oddly, his body looks about 6-7 but his head looks 6-10 so he's looks bigger than he is."

Joe Kleine 2.0?
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

MightyMoog

Post by MightyMoog »

I think our playoff rotation is looking like

The starting 4

Gordon
Allen
Eubanks
Goodwin

Then it’s probably Liitle or Okogie as the 9th man.
In my head Little has a slight edge right now.

Metu has looked good recently. KBD has had some flashes, Ohtani not so much.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

MightyMoog wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:53 am

The starting 4

Gordon
Allen
Eubanks
Goodwin

Ohtani?

MightyMoog

Post by MightyMoog »

Kryptonic wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:03 am
MightyMoog wrote:

The starting 4

Gordon
Allen
Eubanks
Goodwin

Ohtani?
I’m from LA, all I’ve been hearing lately.

I think Ohtani would actually crack our rotation though. ;)

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

MightyMoog wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:46 am
Kryptonic wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:03 am
MightyMoog wrote:

The starting 4

Gordon
Allen
Eubanks
Goodwin

Ohtani?
I’m from LA, all I’ve been hearing lately.

I think Ohtani would actually crack our rotation though. ;)
Ugh... I'm still so bummed he went to the freaking dodgers. Anyone but them and the Yankees.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I still believe that Yuta is going to play much better when he's on the floor with Book, Beal, Nurk & KD at the same time. He will have open shots as they worry less about him and more about the Big 3. Plus, he won't feel the pressure to *have to perform.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:01 am
I still believe that Yuta is going to play much better when he's on the floor with Book, Beal, Nurk & KD at the same time. He will have open shots as they worry less about him and more about the Big 3. Plus, he won't feel the pressure to *have to perform.
He’s soft and terrible defensively. Him knocking down the 3 is the least of my worries about him

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

MightyMoog wrote:

The starting 4

Gordon
Allen
Eubanks
Goodwin

I just cannot fathom Eubanks getting playoff minutes. We have got to find something on the buyout market. Where is the tank?? At least he’s a skilled big. Man I wish we held on to Dario or recruited him back to us this off-season as a smaller backup 5

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:51 am
In2ition wrote:
He’s soft and terrible defensively. Him knocking down the 3 is the least of my worries about him
When this team goes through lulls on offense, but the defense isn't stopping anyone, it shouldn't be the least of your worries. Okogie is supposed to be this great defender, but he doesn't really shut down anyone. He occassionally gets a block or steal, but gets out of position on defense a lot of times, when he gambles and misses. Yuta isn't that bad of a defender, but he needs to be dependable and consistent on his shooting. That's where his value and his role is going to help the team. He just isn't or hasn't been that yet.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:03 am
specialsauce wrote:
In2ition wrote:
When this team goes through lulls on offense, but the defense isn't stopping anyone, it shouldn't be the least of your worries. Okogie is supposed to be this great defender, but he doesn't really shut down anyone. He occassionally gets a block or steal, but gets out of position on defense a lot of times, when he gambles and misses. Yuta isn't that bad of a defender, but he needs to be dependable and consistent on his shooting. That's where his value and his role is going to help the team. He just isn't or hasn't been that yet.
Replace yuta with Landry in that same sentence

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:09 am
In2ition wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:03 am
specialsauce wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Replace yuta with Landry in that same sentence
Here's the difference. Landry played with the Suns for 2 years and 109 regular season games. Yuta has played with the Suns a total of 17 games, and has yet to get minutes with Book, Beal & KD, while the beginning of the season he played almost exclusively with the bench players and none of these guys. If he sucks when he gets 20 games with minutes with those guys, then I'll agree with you. In the mean time, I'll just have some patience.

Split T

Post by Split T »

A lot of people being judged for playing out of their designed role…it’s unfortunate they couldn’t step up with some of our guys out, but the real judgment will come based on how they play with our stars. That’s what we really need to know.

Come playoff time 2 of KD/Book/Beal will probably be on the court at all times. Assuming a big is also out there, we have 2 other spots that need to be filled…sometimes one of the spots will be filled with the 3rd star, but I think you’re probably looking for 3 more guys that can play minutes. Right now it feels like it would be Gordon, Allen, and Goodwin. That 2nd big spot was supposed to be Eubanks but he’s been bad. Right now I feel like we’d have to play small with Metu or Little..

Big: Nurk, Metu
Stars: KD, Book, Beal
Role players: Allen, Gordon, Goodwin

That would be my 8 man playoff rotation today. Little is the other guy I might try to find time for.

Yuta, KBD, and Eubanks have been disappointing to me so far, but it’s early. Okogie is who we thought he is. Great defender, killer of space on offense.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Split T wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:42 am
A lot of people being judged for playing out of their designed role…it’s unfortunate they couldn’t step up with some of our guys out, but the real judgment will come based on how they play with our stars. That’s what we really need to know.

Come playoff time 2 of KD/Book/Beal will probably be on the court at all times. Assuming a big is also out there, we have 2 other spots that need to be filled…sometimes one of the spots will be filled with the 3rd star, but I think you’re probably looking for 3 more guys that can play minutes. Right now it feels like it would be Gordon, Allen, and Goodwin. That 2nd big spot was supposed to be Eubanks but he’s been bad. Right now I feel like we’d have to play small with Metu or Little..

Big: Nurk, Metu
Stars: KD, Book, Beal
Role players: Allen, Gordon, Goodwin

That would be my 8 man playoff rotation today. Little is the other guy I might try to find time for.

Yuta, KBD, and Eubanks have been disappointing to me so far, but it’s early. Okogie is who we thought he is. Great defender, killer of space on offense.
I think we’re just up and down with guys amidst injuries. Roles are inconsistent until our big three are playing and our minimum guys aren’t being asked to do too much. I’m holding off until we see our big three play until the trade deadline draws near. We’ll see who Yuta and KBD and Metu and Little are at that point. I hope to see more Metu for a while.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:51 am
Choppy, ugly game. Didn't feel like either team got into a rhythm and we were clearly trying to figure things out as the game went. Really don't like how the offense looks with Book just dribbling the air out of the ball. He waits for the double, backs out to halfcourt and then has to force a long pass against the trap. He's getting doubled all game and and it feels like no one else is ever open or can make a play. Teams are doing this consistently against him and it's too effective. And the same thing happened in the 4th in a close game - we dribble for too long trying to drain clock and end up with a TO or bad shot. It's Beal's first game back so we need time for chemistry, but the general philosophy hasn't changed.
Yeah, I don't like how Book plays those. They should have a better strategy by now as they've seen it enough times. I think he needs to get rid of the ball earlier and take advantage of the second defender's momentum going the wrong way. We should be getting wide open shots on those hard doubles.
ShelC wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:51 am
KBD really sucks. If he's not looking to shoot and can't dribble, he can't play. Yuta sucks too. Those were our top FA targets and neither is really playable at this point.
Yeah, what happened there? We all thought he had so much promise and was such a great pickup. How was he so much better in SA?
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:24 am
JJ Slim wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:02 pm
Nurkic has continued his nice play. He had struggled a few games ago with his free throws but made 10 of 11 tonight. That was huge.
11 FTAs. Wow, that was much needed
I'll tell you, he's performed way better for us than I expected when the trade went down. And yes, the aggressiveness and FTs from the center position are refreshing.
"Be Legendary."